Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2011, 08:28 PM

4,280 posts, read 6,090,958 times

Advertisements

I'm finally back from the trip. Aside from wanting to thrown my sister off the second floor walkway of the hotel because of some unforgivable things she said to my six-year-old niece (there's a reason why she doesn't currently have custody) it was a nice trip. I love to get out of the city and relax.

Old 04-03-2011, 08:48 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,481,058 times
Glad you had a (relatively) nice time psr....it is nice to get out of town...sorry about your sister.

rkb - I swear I hardly go any sleep last night...I've never heard so much wind for so long the entire time we've lived here (16+ years)....yowza....

Old 04-03-2011, 10:15 PM

4,564 posts, read 10,961,186 times
mm - did you ever turn your sprinkler system on? We did yesterday. I have fingers crossed now that all my blankets and garbage bags keeps me from having to replace any parts. Glad for the moisture but annoyed by the cold! 80's yesterday, 30's today....good grief.

Old 04-03-2011, 10:17 PM

Yes - we turned it on yesterday also....Hopefully no issues here either. DS did the aerating this afternoon too. I am also glad for the moisture. Rain would have been ok by me though!

Old 04-03-2011, 11:35 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,978,766 times
The snow is terrible.
I too wish it had been rain, that would have been so much better. A nice thunderstorm with some lightening would have been cool.
When I was brushing my car off after work about 20 minutes ago I brought the brush down and caught my knuckles on chunks of ice stuck to my car and just saw I cut my fingers and they are bleeding, got a good chunk of skin.

Old 04-04-2011, 03:50 AM

6,190 posts, read 7,978,766 times
I just realised why I am so angry and bitter. I'm mourning the loss of what my life used to be.

I spent all my free time with my best friends.
We hung out almost everyday, did our "evil shenanigans" which never were actually evil.
Worked with 3 of my best friends.
And was with Verizon.

Now I spend my free time sleeping because I hurt mentally and physically.
I RARELY see my friends.
I work by myself for 40 hours a week.
And I hate t-mobile.

I really just want to see if I can get out of my contract, cause I don't even think its a contract because I pay at the first of the month like pre-paid and have to have money in a "flex-account" to get extra and just take my old Blackberry and go back on my mom's plan and just pay $50 a month vs $97.
Quit my current job now and go back to BBB.
And once I go back on my mom's phone plan I won't have to make as much money and can cut back 8-10 hours, making more time with friends, who I will be working with all the time, plus I can't work where I am now during academy but I will need something like BBB during academy.

And I am going to stop rambling now, its 4am and I guess its the tired talking.
I'm just being sad and moody. I was trying to fix my old BB up for my brother to use tomorrow but realised if I wipe it clean for him I lose everything and I realised just how much I miss having my original BB that was all set up and perfect and I started thinking back to the good ole days when i was happy and spent time with my friends and enjoyed life.

I am just such a miserably bitter person now, I want my old life back and its possible.

Old 04-04-2011, 07:22 AM

4,471 posts, read 9,840,907 times
Good morning!

Oh wow am I sore!!!! Mostly by butt and my thighs. I got a nice pedicure with a foot massage yesterday.

Txt, that's what happens when you grow up. You work and it's not always with your friends. What happens when you get married and have a kid. Are you going to be resentful toward the kid because it takes time away from your friends?

Old 04-04-2011, 07:29 AM

Morning ohiogirl!

Yes, we have a couple inches (maybe) of snow on the ground. Because the weather was in the 80's on Saturday, none stuck to the streets and sidewalks though. So, if you gotta have snow, this is the kind to have. It is supposed to be 70 tomorrow though so what snow we have will be gone shortly.

I think I'll have to go to work today - I have a vet appointment first though....then I'll check in and see how we're doing - we're under the gun on something. I have a ton I could do at home today since I was busy all weekend out of the house.

Old 04-04-2011, 08:13 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,198,006 times
txt, that's called growing up. Only you can decide what you do and how you do it. You won't get your old life back, but you can make the one you have now enjoyable.

Old 04-04-2011, 08:15 AM

4,564 posts, read 10,961,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiogirl22 View Post
Oh wow am I sore!!!! Mostly by butt and my thighs. I got a nice pedicure with a foot massage yesterday.
What kind of massage did you get that made your butt and thighs sore!?

We got down to 19 degrees last night. I have a bad feeling about the sprinklers and I'm kicking myself for turning them on Saturday. Oh well. Can't do anything about it now!

I did zilch yesterday. So I really need to get on the ball today....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting