Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2011, 12:40 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,462,628 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
I'm just so sick of her being so inconsiderate.
I wish she had told me, Wednesday is cable, have your room clean by then they will need in your room so maybe I could have planned around everything better.

That and I asked her to not dry my stuff because I spilled pepsi all over my white sheets and I didn't want her to stick them in the dryer because then the stain would have been harder to get out and she stuck them in the dryer anyways, luckily I drowned them in bleach.

mmm-k...guess that went in one ear and out the other.

It. Does. Not. Matter. why you are frustrated with your mom or whether it is justified. It's all about your outlook. If you focus on negative things that affects your whole being. It really does. You can CHOOSE to instead look for the positives. Knowing full well, that sometimes it will be mighty hard to find some. When you get in that habit, I fully believe that your life will improve. People can sense negativity and don't really want to be around it. Choose to be a person that others want to be around. That will come across better in an interview than someone who has a negative vibe. I know it sounds cheesy but I really do believe this. Now, that's not the only thing you have to do for your life to change for the better but it's a start and it's free and it's something you can totally control.

Last edited by maciesmom; 08-17-2011 at 12:53 PM..

Old 08-17-2011, 12:51 PM

4,564 posts, read 10,955,920 times
Quote:
I'm just so sick of her being so inconsiderate.
I wish she had told me, Wednesday is cable, have your room clean by then they will need in your room so maybe I could have planned around everything better.

That and I asked her to not dry my stuff because I spilled pepsi all over my white sheets and I didn't want her to stick them in the dryer because then the stain would have been harder to get out and she stuck them in the dryer anyways, luckily I drowned them in bleach.
lol! Do you not read what anyone writes? Good grief!

And for the record - any special requests regarding laundry around here would be a, "yeah, right, whatever". If it's that big a deal, make sure you are around the whole time to see it through beginning to finish.....I probably wouldn't have remembered either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post

It. Does. Not. Matter. why you are frustrated with your mom or whether it is justified. It's all about your outlook. If you focus on negative things that affects your whole being. It really does.
Let me join you:

Old 08-17-2011, 12:54 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,566,426 times
Seriously txt if I was to post what I felt I would be banned here. MM's daughter is having surgery tomorrow, ALL of us are suffering under the economy, and you are whining about someone putting free cable in your room, and being so inconsiderate as to do your laundry for you. You are going to get absolutely no sympathy here for your self-centered pity-parties.

GROW THE **** UP AND QUIT COMPLAINING.

Old 08-17-2011, 01:14 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,183,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post

Nope. Didn't even make it into the ear canal, MM.

Old 08-17-2011, 01:27 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,973,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Seriously txt if I was to post what I felt I would be banned here. MM's daughter is having surgery tomorrow, ALL of us are suffering under the economy, and you are whining about someone putting free cable in your room, and being so inconsiderate as to do your laundry for you. You are going to get absolutely no sympathy here for your self-centered pity-parties.

GROW THE **** UP AND QUIT COMPLAINING.
I DIDN'T WANT HER TO!!!!
I was happy with the cable I never watched before and was happy with doing my own laundry. I've been doing it all day. My loads never finish that fast she must have screwed with it because the sheets were literally in the washer and then in the dryer AND DRY like 30 minutes later. Not possible.

And I am sorry to hear about everything going on with everyone but its not my fault that my mom's off spending money on cable for my room that I don't even watch when she can't even pay her other bills as it is. Its not my fault I say don't touch my stuff and then my sheets pull a houdini and miraculously are done in under 30 minutes.

I have my cell phone for my internet, I can watch TV online.
I don't need all the crap she's putting in the house.

Old 08-17-2011, 01:31 PM

What you fail to get txt is that the problems you get on here and whine about and make so much drama over are petty and childish. We don't care. And we don't care about your explanations either.

We are all adults on here with much bigger issues weighing on our plates. And being subjected to your drivel is annoying.

Old 08-17-2011, 01:54 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,566,426 times
Quote:
I DIDN'T WANT HER TO!!!!
I was happy with the cable I never watched before and was happy with doing my own laundry. I've been doing it all day. My loads never finish that fast she must have screwed with it because the sheets were literally in the washer and then in the dryer AND DRY like 30 minutes later. Not possible.

And I am sorry to hear about everything going on with everyone but its not my fault that my mom's off spending money on cable for my room that I don't even watch when she can't even pay her other bills as it is. Its not my fault I say don't touch my stuff and then my sheets pull a houdini and miraculously are done in under 30 minutes.

I have my cell phone for my internet, I can watch TV online.
I don't need all the crap she's putting in the house.
You are smart, healthy, young, able-bodied, capable, and so far appear to be a huge big loser. Your life will not change until you make the changes. To make the changes you actually have to DO SOMETHING. Appreciate that you have free accommodation, and all that comes with something as generous as that, and make a very concerted effort to find a job. That means you get up early and go to businesses, make calls, whatever it takes.

The whining has to to stop. Now. Seriously.

Old 08-17-2011, 01:58 PM

13,981 posts, read 25,958,820 times
MM, late to the show, but Sixth in sending best wishes for a speedy recovery to your DD, and you too. The Jack is under Dew's sink if you need it.

I feel positively virtuous at the moment. I peeled and sliced a dozen peaches for the freezer, then made dog treats with the leftover bananas. I downloaded directions to make my own laundry detergent on the shopping forum. Probably won't follow through, because detergent is so often on sale, but it would give me a few points over my friend who I am competing with to save the most money.

Txt, I think if you were to search your post history here, and actually read some of the "problems" you speak about, you would get where the rest of us are coming from. You are luckier than many, and we just don't see you as a victim of anything but yourself.

Old 08-17-2011, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie View Post
Probably won't follow through, because detergent is so often on sale, but it would give me a few points over my friend who I am competing with to save the most money.
You might be right about that. I get ours at Sam's and it's pretty cheap. One thing I do to save money though it use vinegar instead of fabric softener. Works great.

Old 08-17-2011, 02:10 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,183,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie View Post
The Jack is under Dew's sink if you need it.

I feel positively virtuous at the moment. I peeled and sliced a dozen peaches for the freezer, then made dog treats with the leftover bananas. I downloaded directions to make my own laundry detergent on the shopping forum. Probably won't follow through, because detergent is so often on sale, but it would give me a few points over my friend who I am competing with to save the most money.
Yes it is. I resisted the urge to reach for it during someone's pity party. (I'm turning down all future invitations, BTW.)

Good for you Mattie! I've actally been making big bars out of hotel soaps for years, lol. Lately I've been thankful I listened to all my parents' Depression stories.

(Never toss out the cotton that's in the top of a bottle of pills. Save it to remove fingernail polish. I've got a couple hundred "How To Be Poor" tips to share!)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting