Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2011, 09:21 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,466,514 times

Advertisements

Eh...I guess I figure if I don't care enough to remember when they're on...then I must not be all that interested in them....If it's something we get but I missed and I'm interested in, I'll see if it's OnDemand. If it's not, then it's not....I honestly just don't care that much about TV usually. Never been much of a TV watcher....I get antsy.

Old 04-20-2011, 09:31 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,071,598 times
I'm not a big tv watcher either. When I met hubby, I didn't have cable. He complained about it. I told him he could buy it if he wanted to watch tv at my house. My entire world changed when I moved into his house. I never play music anymore. It interfers with tv viewing. Don't get me started. I try not to think about the sacrifices I made to love this man. 18 years of no stereo. LOL

Old 04-20-2011, 09:37 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,466,514 times
I'm more of a quiet house person. I love the silence. My mom always has to have something on - usually the TV - DH is the same way. The first thing he does in the morning is turn on the TV and he falls asleep to it also. Not sure if he knows the same button that turns it on also turns it off.......I could go for days without having anything on....I just waste time in other ways.... I can look around and redecorate the house in my mind...make plans and lists of things I have to do....read books, sit on the computer on CD or researching something I really don't need to research....the list is endless...it just doesn't often involve TV....

Old 04-20-2011, 09:39 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,189,293 times
TV: I keep it on in the background because AZ radio is horrible. In L.A. there were some great talk radio programs. Here it's all conservative politics all the time. I need to have noise in the background while I work. Old habit.

Lately I've had half an ear on Court TV because they've been following the Sedona sweat lodge trial. (Three people died in a sweat lodge built by a guru new agey guy who's been on Oprah and whose name escapes me.) At night I barely watch. Though I love Modern Family and wouldn't think of missing it. Also watch Amazing Race because they go so many unusual/ out of the ordinary places.

Old 04-20-2011, 09:56 AM

13,425 posts, read 9,957,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
TV: I keep it on in the background because AZ radio is horrible. In L.A. there were some great talk radio programs. Here it's all conservative politics all the time. I need to have noise in the background while I work. Old habit.

Lately I've had half an ear on Court TV because they've been following the Sedona sweat lodge trial. (Three people died in a sweat lodge built by a guru new agey guy who's been on Oprah and whose name escapes me.) At night I barely watch. Though I love Modern Family and wouldn't think of missing it. Also watch Amazing Race because they go so many unusual/ out of the ordinary places.

Me too! I also used to have talk radio on in LA while I worked. I couldn't have music on, so I used to listen to MrKABC, and Phil Hendrie, and Coast to Coast AM.

I also need the tv on all the time. I can't stand quiet. I sound like your hubs, mm. Although, I do turn it off to go to sleep, because I like to read myself to sleep, and I can't read with the tv on. This bugs MrFR because I fall asleep without turning the light out. If I turn the light out, I just wake up again.

Wow my life is interesting.

Old 04-20-2011, 10:06 AM

Wow, Finster! I know for a fact that I could not share a bedroom with hubby if he needed the light on.

For sleeping, I need complete darkness and the quiet swooshing sound of my ceiling fan to block out random noises.

Old 04-20-2011, 10:11 AM

1,302 posts, read 1,807,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Me too! I also used to have talk radio on in LA while I worked. I couldn't have music on, so I used to listen to MrKABC, and Phil Hendrie, and Coast to Coast AM.

I also need the tv on all the time. I can't stand quiet. I sound like your hubs, mm. Although, I do turn it off to go to sleep, because I like to read myself to sleep, and I can't read with the tv on. This bugs MrFR because I fall asleep without turning the light out. If I turn the light out, I just wake up again.

Wow my life is interesting.
I have to have 24 hour noise. I fall asleep with the tv on and it stays on until morning. I can't sleep without it on.

Old 04-20-2011, 10:12 AM

13,425 posts, read 9,957,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
Wow, Finster! I know for a fact that I could not share a bedroom with hubby if he needed the light on.

For sleeping, I need complete darkness and the quiet swooshing sound of my ceiling fan to block out random noises.
I know, he's a saint. It's not too bad though, he gets up a lot earlier than I do so he's passed out snoring by the time I go to bed, and doesn't really notice.

Old 04-20-2011, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingMassachusetts View Post
I have to have 24 hour noise. I fall asleep with the tv on and it stays on until morning. I can't sleep without it on.
I'd have separate bedrooms. I've always wanted separate bedrooms anyway. Hubby snores. I also like having the entire bed to myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
I know, he's a saint. It's not too bad though, he gets up a lot earlier than I do so he's passed out snoring by the time I go to bed, and doesn't really notice.
Lucky! Hubby goes to bed hours earlier than me too but I can't turn on the light to even find the bed.

I use the glow from my cell phone to make my way through the room. In the morning, he uses a flash light so he doesn't wake me up.

We both need complete darkness and quiet.

Old 04-20-2011, 10:38 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,189,293 times
Finster: Did you ever listen to Michael Jackson? (The radio one, not the music one.) I loved him. He interviewed all kinds of cool people. (And he's married to Alan Ladd's daughter so he knew all of old Hollywood and used to get those people to come on and talk.) He was great.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting