Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2011, 11:07 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,315,035 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
or chosen her boyfriend more carefully.
Hindsight is 20/20.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2011, 02:52 PM

1,677 posts, read 2,488,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
This is why it is so important to choose carefully who you have a child with.
And don't forget to check your crystal ball.

Old 05-28-2011, 09:30 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,373,081 times
Interesting reading. People think it is bad to sleep in the same room with a three year old child and have sex? Wow. From what I know, most three year old kids sleep like the dead, and would not notice any adult activity going on.

What do co-sleepers think about this? Can adults have sex with a three year old in the same room, sleeping?

Old 05-29-2011, 04:01 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,737,640 times
I think it would be confusing for a 3 or 4 year old to see Dad kissing and hugging and sharing his bed with a changing repertoire of women. I think most parents can agree with that. However, this is Dad's parenting decision and Mom cannot do anything about it. Hopefully she can provide a strong model for healthy adult relationships and reinforce that with her son as he grows.

Old 05-29-2011, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Interesting reading. People think it is bad to sleep in the same room with a three year old child and have sex? Wow. From what I know, most three year old kids sleep like the dead, and would not notice any adult activity going on.

What do co-sleepers think about this? Can adults have sex with a three year old in the same room, sleeping?

I can't believe people think it's ok to have sex in the same room as a child. Sleeping or not.

Old 05-29-2011, 10:23 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,716,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Oh yeah. How could a lowly single mother ever actually care about her son?? It MUST be baby daddy jealousy. GMAFB
And you think the dad doesn't care about the son? It's actually not what's better or not better as far as him bringing home his girlfriends - it's that the ex-girlfriend has no control over that and might as well just forget it and worry about how she parents the child.

When you decide to have children with someone, it's a little bit of a good idea to make sure you have the same general beliefs and attitudes on child raising.

Trying to control who he decides can be a guest in his house as the ex-girlfriend is not a good idea.

Old 05-29-2011, 10:30 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,716,559 times
Quote:
I can't believe people think it's ok to have sex in the same room as a child. Sleeping or not.
Now if the father came on here and asked our opinions on what he should or should not do, I think a lot of people would tell him they didn't think it was that good to be bringing home various women and that he should just spend his visitation time with his kid.

Yes it would be preferrable for both parents to dedicate themselves to the child and also to consider one another's wishes but that's not what it's about.

What do you suggest the OP do? She can really do nothing other than explain to him why she doesn't think he should do this but he can do whatever he likes which also means disregard everything she says about it.

Old 05-29-2011, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
And you think the dad doesn't care about the son? It's actually not what's better or not better as far as him bringing home his girlfriends - it's that the ex-girlfriend has no control over that and might as well just forget it and worry about how she parents the child.

When you decide to have children with someone, it's a little bit of a good idea to make sure you have the same general beliefs and attitudes on child raising.

Trying to control who he decides can be a guest in his house as the ex-girlfriend is not a good idea.

But it's not just an "ex-girlfriend". It's the child's mother. I didn't say a word about the father being good or not but he is certainly making a **** poor decision parading some random girl around his son.

Old 05-29-2011, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Now if the father came on here and asked our opinions on what he should or should not do, I think a lot of people would tell him they didn't think it was that good to be bringing home various women and that he should just spend his visitation time with his kid.

Yes it would be preferrable for both parents to dedicate themselves to the child and also to consider one another's wishes but that's not what it's about.

What do you suggest the OP do? She can really do nothing other than explain to him why she doesn't think he should do this but he can do whatever he likes which also means disregard everything she says about it.
If it were me? I wouldn't allow my son to sleep over there until ex and I could agree and stick to rules about visits.

Old 05-29-2011, 11:20 PM

782 posts, read 1,109,302 times
Quote:
If it were me? I wouldn't allow my son to sleep over there until ex and I could agree and stick to rules about visits.
You don't get to choose if the child visits or not if it's court ordered visitation. Plus who's to judge when he's sticking to the rules? She won't know unless she is there.. What you say sounds good here but is unrealistic. Unless she wants to take him back to court she has no say. Please read my previous post as to why.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting