Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2011, 11:17 AM

6,190 posts, read 7,981,496 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
Yes, really, if she is ever in your house. Colorado Code 18-6-601
I was saying a resolution hasn't been reached because she's lying to her mom and saying she's with my brother and her mom says she'll have the cops arrest him next time the girl sneaks off.....

Captain HeliMom of the SS Coptor doesn't have a legal peg leg to stand on if my brother has an alibi that checks out at those times her daughter says she is with him which he would have one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2011, 11:21 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,155,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
I was saying a resolution hasn't been reached because she's lying to her mom and saying she's with my brother and her mom says she'll have the cops arrest him next time the girl sneaks off.....
That's not a big deal. If she's not at your house, there is no reason to care what the girl is doing and saying.

Darn shame it took threats of police looking for a runaway for your mother to finally tell your son to stay away from her.

That's resolution. Time to move on from the drama.

Old 08-25-2011, 11:28 AM

Quote:
That's not a big deal. If she's not at your house, there is no reason to care what the girl is doing and saying.

Darn shame it took threats of police looking for a runaway for your mother to finally tell your son to stay away from her.

That's resolution. Time to move on from the drama.
HOPES.....
LE SIGH HOPESY

If she gets caught sneaking out and they call her in as a runaway they say look at our house for her, that means the cops will be here at the wee hours of the morning, waking us up.
Meaning we'll still be dealing with it.

If the girl still uses my brother as a cover and her mom tells the cops its him, they'll still have to look into it.

This girl is in the middle of taking a giant shiit in her mom's wheaties, she's INTENTIONALLY doing things to make her angry because she's sick and tired of having the rules she has, she's downright over it and she's dragging my brother into the middle of it.

Old 08-25-2011, 11:28 AM

11,642 posts, read 23,935,339 times
Quote:
I need some advice to offer my mom, I know she won't seek any out herself besides asking me yesterday what legally classifies as harassment.

My brother's girlfriend accidentally left her facebook open and she post EVERYTHING on there, her mom read everything.

Past stuff that's she's done with guys (her mom doesn't know with who and assumes its my brother), she's read about how she sneaks out all the time and with who. My brother's girlfriends mother doesn't speak very much english talking to her would be pointless and she is very religious, doesn't believe in birth control.

That's not the real problem.

My mom was with my brother the other day, they were picking or dropping off someone in my brother's girlfriends neighborhood and his girlfriends mom, whips her car in behind my mom's SUV blocking her into where she was, gripping her hands on her steering wheel GLARING at my mom, my mom ended up having to maneuver out of where she was and as soon as she took off so did his girlfriends mother, speeding after her, like tailing her, right on her azz.

I understand the girl's mother is upset, it is very understandable that she's upset after what she's read but my brother is not the only one in the wrong here. Her daughter is the one who made the decision to sneak out, her daughter made the decision to do what she has done in the past. While being angry is understandable this incident was totally uncalled for.

The girl is currently grounded, cell phone taken away, she very angry with her mom's actions.
My brother and her are still together and they see each other at school and when she goes out with her other friends because her mom has forbidden my brother to come over or hang out with his girlfriend.

My brother is a very popular kid and has quite a few friends in that neighborhood, it's not like they can avoid going to that neighborhood.
And he is 17 and she is 16.
How do you handle something like this?
There is really nothing to handle. So the girl's mother is mad. Let her be mad. I wouldn't make a bigger deal than the girl's mother has made. Let her look crazy.

Old 08-25-2011, 11:29 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,155,634 times
Quote:
HOPES.....
LE SIGH HOPESY

If she gets caught sneaking out and they call her in as a runaway they say look at our house for her, that means the cops will be here at the wee hours of the morning, waking us up.

If the girl still uses my brother as a cover and her mom tells the cops its him, they'll still have to look into it.

This girl is in the middle of taking a giant shiit in her mom's wheaties, she's INTENTIONALLY doing things to make her angry because she's sick and tired of having the rules she has, she's downright over it and she's dragging my brother into the middle of it.
You'll only have to deal with it once. After the police learn she's really sneaking to be with a 20 year old man, they'll never show up at your door again.

Old 08-25-2011, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma_bear View Post
There is really nothing to handle. So the girl's mother is mad. Let her be mad. I wouldn't make a bigger deal than the girl's mother has made. Let her look crazy.
Yeah but I over heard my mom on the phone with the SRO, she told the SRO she had to drive in the grass and on the sidewalk just to get out. That's not something a person should have to deal with.
And then getting a call from the SRO because the mother is making threats to put your son in jail....

I'm sorry but it's hard to just let that slide.

Old 08-25-2011, 11:32 AM

Quote:
You'll only have to deal with it once. After the police learn she's really sneaking to be with a 20 year old man, they'll never show up at your door again.
The police in my town are lazy, they'll take the easy route, easiest person to blame.

Old 08-25-2011, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by icibiu View Post
Your mom needs to understand what this womans expectations are of her daughter and your mom needs to respect them.
I think that by 16 it is up to the girl to respect her mother's wishes. It is not another mother's responsibility.

Quote:
Your mom needs to talk to your brother about how to respect women especially those that he cares enough about to call his girlfriend.
I don't understand where her brother is being disrespectful. It is not disrespectful to engage in consensual sexual acts with a person.

Quote:
Also your brother needs to get a little respect for himself, this girl posted stuff about what they do in private on facebook?!
I agree that this is unacceptable, but it is the girl who is doing this, not the OP's brother. I think he should ask her to remove the post because a couple's intimacy is not a spectator sport meant for entertaining the masses.

Quote:
Oh and tell your brother to stop having sex with this girl before he turns 18 because if mom is still mad she's likely to press charges.
This all depends on state law. The majority of states have an age of consent under 18 and about half the states have an "age gap" statute that protects young people just over the age of consent from being turned into criminals because of consensual sexual activity with someone who is close in age.

It is really important to know the age of consent laws in your own state as they vary so much that you cannot generalize about whether a person can even press charges.

Old 08-25-2011, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma_bear View Post
I think that by 16 it is up to the girl to respect her mother's wishes. It is not another mother's responsibility.

I KNOW RIGHT?

I don't understand where her brother is being disrespectful. It is not disrespectful to engage in consensual sexual acts with a person.

That's just it. When she comes over they cuddle, a kiss here or there, hold hands and they never really spent much time away from the house. They haven't really been that sexual.

I agree that this is unacceptable, but it is the girl who is doing this, not the OP's brother. I think he should ask her to remove the post because a couple's intimacy is not a spectator sport meant for entertaining the masses.

She was posting in messages to her friends about PAST guys. Which her mom doesn't assume are past guys, she assumes its my brother.

This all depends on state law. The majority of states have an age of consent under 18 and about half the states have an "age gap" statute that protects young people just over the age of consent from being turned into criminals because of consensual sexual activity with someone who is close in age.

It is really important to know the age of consent laws in your own state as they vary so much that you cannot generalize about whether a person can even press charges.
They aren't even a year apart.

Old 08-25-2011, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Yeah but once you go to bed how much can you really do?
Tie a bell around your child's neck?
How about stay up until the kids are asleep or out of your house? HELLO! Does your mother really go to sleep with a whole bunch of teenagers in he house? She is asking for trouble if she does.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting