Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2012, 03:29 PM

3,388 posts, read 3,905,045 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
I am rambling. I am sick in bed and typing with one hand on my Nook. I think I jinxed myself when I told txtqueen I never get sick. My top suspects are 1) illness transmitted from some newly acquired pets, 2) violent reaction to red quinoa, and 3) obviously, zombie apocalypse.
Sorry you aren't feeling well, Julia. If it's number 3, I suspect we will all be joining you shortly! Feel better soon!

Old 07-19-2012, 04:16 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,286,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Thanks. I am considering one of those; my sister loves hers.

We just want to simplify and not consume as much. We'd like to live so that we produce more than we consume, and we want to consume only healthy things when possible. By this, I mean not only food, but also information, energy, resources, etc.

I am rambling. I am sick in bed and typing with one hand on my Nook. I think I jinxed myself when I told txtqueen I never get sick. My top suspects are 1) illness transmitted from some newly acquired pets, 2) violent reaction to red quinoa, and 3) obviously, zombie apocalypse.
4.) Blame it on txtqueen.

Old 07-19-2012, 06:35 PM

2,763 posts, read 5,760,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
Saves boatloads! If not you could get the luna cup which serves the same purpose but is a cup not a bad lol. I love your granola nature julia
i'm with you - i have been using a diva cup for about 5 or so years, LOOOVE it.

Old 07-19-2012, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezfreak View Post
i'm with you - i have been using a diva cup for about 5 or so years, LOOOVE it.
I use cloth pads and sea sponges > : D. But most of my friends have the diva or the luna cup and love them .

Old 07-19-2012, 09:31 PM

2,763 posts, read 5,760,403 times
For the first time in 19 months, my son actually kissed me back!! He's always been one of those kids who hates hugs or kisses from mom, but we have a nightly ritual that daddy puts him to bed and on his way, he brings Andrew to me to give him a kiss goodnight. This time andrew walked to me, i said "Can momma have a kiss goodnight?" and he sucked his lips inward and put his face forward next to mine! It was so adorable.

He wouldnt do it for daddy either

Old 07-19-2012, 10:07 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,975,086 times
I have to admit tonight, I am so livid, I could just about drop a box of baby kittens in a effing volcano.

So TG was supposed to pick me up today from work. Instead his sister calls me and says she is picking me up. We're ALL were supposed to go over to his parents house for dinner, so I didn't think anything of it. Usually he has to work past 6pm so I didn't think anything of it at all.

I called him to see what time HE was going to be getting to his parents house, keep in mind he has my car.
He says midnight, that a bunch of units weren't fixed and they have to be done by tomorrow and the whole crew has to stay. M I D N I G H T!!!!!!!! Mothereffing midnight.

What pissed me off the most, is his supervisor was like "oh she'll be ok" NO I WON'T. I am not ok.

So here I am waiting up till he comes home because I am so paranoid he's going to fall asleep on the way home since he's been up since 6am and didn't get much sleep last night.
I am pissed because I don't have my car.
I am livid because the night was ruined.
I am beyond livid because I know he won't get paid for ALL his overtime.

And I most pissed because his supervisor is sitting there making decisions on if I am going to be fine or not. Who is he to judge that?

It's MY car, the supervisor doesn't get to make the decision on how late MY car is out of my use.
I am not ok.
He's all the way in boulder, he doesn't know the area all that well.

He told his supervisor that he HAD to pick me up.

It's my property, don't assume I'll just be ok with whatever happens.

Part of me wants to go apeshiznit and just be like Look, its MY car, it's MY say, if he has my car you have no business telling him I'll be fine with him with me not having it all night. Like I have no effing life and no where to go or anything to do.

And midnight, after he's been at work since 9 this morning, I think effing not.

At the same time, he is well loved by this company because he does put in hard work like this and is on his way to lots of good things and I want to be supportive then again, I would like to flip the eff out and be like THIS SHIZNIT DOES NOT FLY WITH ME.

Especially last minute, serious, it's 6 and I find out right then my night has just been bent over and effed in oblivion?

Old 07-19-2012, 10:11 PM

8,003 posts, read 11,727,362 times
Good night all!

Old 07-19-2012, 10:18 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,466,514 times
Night Mel....

Old 07-19-2012, 10:31 PM

8,003 posts, read 11,727,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Night Mel....
Night MM

Old 07-19-2012, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
I have to admit tonight, I am so livid, I could just about drop a box of baby kittens in a effing volcano.

So TG was supposed to pick me up today from work. Instead his sister calls me and says she is picking me up. We're ALL were supposed to go over to his parents house for dinner, so I didn't think anything of it. Usually he has to work past 6pm so I didn't think anything of it at all.

I called him to see what time HE was going to be getting to his parents house, keep in mind he has my car.
He says midnight, that a bunch of units weren't fixed and they have to be done by tomorrow and the whole crew has to stay. M I D N I G H T!!!!!!!! Mothereffing midnight.

What pissed me off the most, is his supervisor was like "oh she'll be ok" NO I WON'T. I am not ok.

So here I am waiting up till he comes home because I am so paranoid he's going to fall asleep on the way home since he's been up since 6am and didn't get much sleep last night.
I am pissed because I don't have my car.
I am livid because the night was ruined.
I am beyond livid because I know he won't get paid for ALL his overtime.

And I most pissed because his supervisor is sitting there making decisions on if I am going to be fine or not. Who is he to judge that?

It's MY car, the supervisor doesn't get to make the decision on how late MY car is out of my use.
I am not ok.
He's all the way in boulder, he doesn't know the area all that well.

He told his supervisor that he HAD to pick me up.

It's my property, don't assume I'll just be ok with whatever happens.

Part of me wants to go apeshiznit and just be like Look, its MY car, it's MY say, if he has my car you have no business telling him I'll be fine with him with me not having it all night. Like I have no effing life and no where to go or anything to do.

And midnight, after he's been at work since 9 this morning, I think effing not.

At the same time, he is well loved by this company because he does put in hard work like this and is on his way to lots of good things and I want to be supportive then again, I would like to flip the eff out and be like THIS SHIZNIT DOES NOT FLY WITH ME.

Especially last minute, serious, it's 6 and I find out right then my night has just been bent over and effed in oblivion?
This is the downfall of sharing a car. And while yes the supervisor did not need to say that the bf realistically could not just leave work :-P
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting