Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2012, 03:54 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,290,712 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternPilgrim View Post
Funny that I have not made a single religious argument in this thread. Nor have I appealed to the teaching of the Church. It's all in the fever swamps of your bigoted imagination.

You want to make this a religious topic so that it's easier for you not to think about.

Quite right. Being a parent is about loving your children, doing right by them, and wanting the best for them. Donor conception fails on that count.
WP,your past posts have pretty much cemented the fact you have a religious agenda so you can pretty much stop pretending this doesn't.

Old 08-14-2012, 03:55 PM

4,254 posts, read 5,609,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
It's no surprise really eleanora as is this is the same person who thinks the usa should be a christian run only country, and that all women were happier before the advent of feminism.

Yo Comments Are Wack! - YouTube

Old 08-14-2012, 03:55 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,290,712 times
Quote:

Quite right. Being a parent is about loving your children, doing right by them, and wanting the best for them. Donor conception fails on that count.
Which is your assumption not actual proof.

Old 08-14-2012, 03:59 PM

3,484 posts, read 2,873,492 times
Quote:
Funny that I have not made a single religious argument in this thread. Nor have I appealed to the teaching of the Church. It's all in the fever swamps of your bigoted imagination.

You want to make this a religious topic so that it's easier for you not to think about.
I'm not the one asserting that IVF means donor sperm. I'm not the one pretending that all adoptive children are orphans. I'm not the one pulling up "sources" from right wing Catholic organizations that no one takes seriously. I'm not the one refusing to admit that parenting is about more then thirty minutes of sperm meets egg.

You are attempting to make others adhere to your warped religious beliefs and a church run by men who don't have families or sex. It's not bigotry to point that out.

Quote:
No it doesn't. That is your assertion. It is not backed by facts. No one should be refused medical treatment because you find it religiously objectionable.

You can repeat the same assertions over and over again. The American public isn't going to ban IVF because it does not conform to your bizarre religious beliefs or strange notions of morality.

Old 08-14-2012, 04:02 PM

Quote:
It's no surprise really eleanora as is this is the same person who thinks the usa should be a christian run only country, and that all women were happier before the advent of feminism.
Yeah. I've read some of his more absurd threads. He wants to stop women from voting. I suppose if you think IVF is amoral you'll think turning women into property once they marry is also okay. It's like listening to someone from the 1700's who somehow found a time machine. I half expect a rant about how women shouldn't be wearing pants and slavery is really a wonderful idea!

Old 08-14-2012, 04:05 PM

Quote:
WP,your past posts have pretty much cemented the fact you have a religious agenda so you can pretty much stop pretending this doesn't.
Hilarious. This is not a religious topic and no religious arguments have been advanced. And yet, you can't keep yourself from injecting religion into the conversation - the very thing you accuse me of doing, and which I have not done.

Freud had a name for this, I think ...

Old 08-14-2012, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
Yeah. I've read some of his more absurd threads. He wants to stop women from voting. I suppose if you think IVF is amoral you'll think turning women into property once they marry is also okay. It's like listening to someone from the 1700's who somehow found a time machine. I half expect a rant about how women shouldn't be wearing pants and slavery is really a wonderful idea!
How about staying on topic?

Old 08-14-2012, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Hilarious. This is not a religious topic and no religious arguments have been advanced. And yet, you can't keep yourself from injecting religion into the conversation - the very thing you accuse me of doing, and which I have not done.

Freud had a name for this, I think ...
Morality and religion are one and the same for most people, including you. You can't bring up the religious argument because you know you're going to lose. You can't bring up the moral argument because most people see nothing immoral about addressing a medical condition. You can't even bring up stats because the only ones you can find have no validity.

Most people have a name for this: losing argument.

Quote:
How about staying on topic?
Your prior threads are completely relevant. You are talking about what you believe. We're also talking about what you believe. And what you believe is that I should be denied the right to vote because I am married and female. That's every bit as nuts as your belief that donor sperm IVF is immoral, does not make one a parent and adoption is what happens only when a child is orphaned.

Old 08-14-2012, 04:13 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,572,878 times
To support your argument please supply a valid, peer-reviewed study on the negative psychological impact of donor conception IVF, with a large subject group, and reviewers who are experts in the field of mental health. Studies published in religious publications will be considered irrevocably biased on this particular subject. Thanks.

Old 08-14-2012, 04:19 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,198,776 times
Quote:
and no religious arguments have been advanced.
Well, actually I did (Pope John Paul I refusing to condemn IVF - Post #3) but you totally ignored those posts so here you go: Argument #2:

"Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible."

~~Frank Zappa
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting