Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2012, 05:53 PM

2,382 posts, read 5,396,070 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Nothing wrong with that- better to witness this wonderful sight than to watch some woman who has had a partial sex change with a plastic hose coming out of a surgical incision...feeding a child conceived with a turkey baster... I love seeing young families our for a stroll with the father and mother and child...enjoying their wonderful life- natural normal stuff is great- Too much weirdness going on to put down a natural mother......long as the kid is not a projectile vomiting little monster- nothing worse than taking the kid in your arms after the mother has done her job and get second hand breast milk all over you chest...
Gee, I hope I don't live in your neighborhood - I'd hate for you to be subjected to the "weirdness" of my husband, myself and our donor egg/IVF conceived child out for a stroll....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2012, 05:54 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,566,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaNomus View Post
Another "big deal" news story. Sometimes I wonder why they waste ink and airtime on stupid stuff like this. If I were a student in that class, I would be annoyed about a baby being there distracting me from my studies, and a sick baby spreading germs, not breastfeeding. However, neither thing is headline news. If this is the biggest issue people have to get their panties in a twist about, they seriously need to get a life. And with all the murders, missing children, child abuse, and other major potential news stories that could be reported on, it's a shame that any news affiliate saw this nonsense as more worthy of broadcast.
I agree, that is also my annoyance with this story. Thousands of young woman (and some men) are sexually harassed by college professors daily, and yet this is the story to raise the ire. I don't get it.

Old 09-14-2012, 06:09 PM

11,495 posts, read 26,879,364 times
The breastfeeding is not the issue, to me. The students are paying quite a bit for every hour they are in class...I have a friend in a university here who says that every classroom hour costs her $100. It's probably more there. If everyone in the room is paying $100 just to hear you talk that day, you need to come in with your professor hat on, not your mom hat. If you went to a concert and the singer had her baby on the stage because she had babysitter issues at the last moment, would you feel ripped off?

The professor is trying to make it about breastfeeding, because she's likely to get sympathy for that. If she can make it all about breastfeeding in front of the class, then nobody can tell her anything without infringing on her right to breastfeed anywhere Instead, it's about poor planning and being unprofessional. She could get a substitute...there's probably even someone in her department, even a grad student, who could have taken her class for the day. All she would have had to do was email her syllabus to the sub. Not much usually gets done on the first day of class anyhow..

Old 09-14-2012, 08:04 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,183,567 times
She brings her sick child to her classroom and lets that sick child crawl around on the floor. Yes. Because a sick baby crawling around on the floor of your average college lecture hall is such a tremendously good idea.

Pretty sure she'd have flunked me when I pointed out how filthy the floor was and that I wasn't there to learn about that kind of culture.

Old 09-14-2012, 08:34 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,375,627 times
Inappropriate. Considering her subject area (anthropology), she's probably some granolafied douche bag. Since she knew ahead of time, she could have switched over to a formula bottle. I'm not criticizing breastfeeding. I'm also not criticizing nudity if you in essence "consent" to viewing it - in Greece, you are very apt to see it on many tourist beaches, so plan accordingly if you are offended. I'm criticizing breastfeeding in public. And furthermore, in a university setting while teaching class. This broad probably has a PhD in something, and her dissertation must truly add to the ranks of Pile it Higher and Deeper. There are hippy-dippy hot springs were she could probably do that to her heart's content. Of course, the Northampton MA crowd is going to rally in support of the situation ... everything boils down to "empowerment," instead of what it really is.

Old 09-14-2012, 08:40 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,822,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakeneko View Post
Gee, I hope I don't live in your neighborhood - I'd hate for you to be subjected to the "weirdness" of my husband, myself and our donor egg/IVF conceived child out for a stroll....
Don't worry I was not talking about husbands and wives...and if you have a donor egg-good for you- I just get irked when I see a couple of over all clad lesbians with a baby that looks like it has gone through a centrifuge...Saw the oddest thing in the park...I guess that is what got me going on the turkey baster...The child with the lesbian mothers....did not look that good...I guess there is no quality control when you don't know who the father is- no offence to lesbians...I like them...But Jezz if you are going to have a baby..get some good donor sperm. I will be getting some flak for this post...oh well...just having fun.

Old 09-14-2012, 08:42 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,183,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Don't worry I was not talking about husbands and wives...and if you have a donor egg-good for you- I just get irked when I see a couple of over all clad lesbians with a baby that looks like it has gone through a centrifuge...Saw the oddest thing in the park...I guess that is what got me going on the turkey baster...The child with the lesbian mothers....did not look that good...I guess there is no quality control when you don't know who the father is- no offence to lesbians...I like them...But Jezz if you are going to have a baby..get some good donor sperm. I will be getting some flak for this post...oh well...just having fun.
I'm not a lesbian nor do I have a child from donor sperm. And I am offended.

Old 09-14-2012, 08:45 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,462,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Yes this.

With all the problems in the world, complaining about a baby with loving parents? Ridiculous.

Old 09-14-2012, 09:30 PM

4,267 posts, read 6,184,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Yep.

Old 09-14-2012, 09:33 PM

4,267 posts, read 6,184,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
Inappropriate. Considering her subject area (anthropology), she's probably some granolafied douche bag. Since she knew ahead of time, she could have switched over to a formula bottle. I'm not criticizing breastfeeding. I'm also not criticizing nudity if you in essence "consent" to viewing it - in Greece, you are very apt to see it on many tourist beaches, so plan accordingly if you are offended. I'm criticizing breastfeeding in public. And furthermore, in a university setting while teaching class. This broad probably has a PhD in something, and her dissertation must truly add to the ranks of Pile it Higher and Deeper. There are hippy-dippy hot springs were she could probably do that to her heart's content. Of course, the Northampton MA crowd is going to rally in support of the situation ... everything boils down to "empowerment," instead of what it really is.
So it's the breastfeeding in public part that bothers you. Interesting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting