Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2014, 01:34 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,971,864 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace105
I would go into the school board, but I dont want to get into a fight and yell at them because when other parents went in, they got into a fight with the school superintendent.
Dont be afraid to take a stand,sometimes its all we can do!!!!!!!

Dont sit there while they do nothing... Protect your kids,who cares if a fight ensues!! (Things cant be resolved w/o one)

GOOD LUCK
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2014, 10:30 AM

4,734 posts, read 4,351,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilCookie View Post
Report it to the police. Tell the school that you're reporting it to the police, they can warn the boys' parents. Maybe a cop coming in to talk to them and the threat of getting a record will get them to keep their hands to themselves. Keep a very close eye on it though, because if these boys are really some bad seeds and it starts escalating, you should take her out of the school right away. A 7th grade boy punching a girl in the face is completely unacceptable, it's assault
Yes!

If the principal is unwilling to step in and help, then go straight to the police. It used to be that parents could talk to other parents about this, but one huge part of the problem is that today's parents weren't taught things like personal responsibility anymore than today's schoolchildren were, so that probably won't go anywhere. Even if it's just harassment, they may still be criminally responsible - they might also be civilly responsible as well, so you could always threaten the parents of the children and the school with a lawsuit. It doesn't pay to play nice with the schools anymore - get police involved, get lawyers involved, and get the community involved if the parents and the school itself won't do their frickin jobs. Period.

Old 02-07-2014, 11:16 AM

3 posts, read 2,519 times
My son is 8 he was recently told by another student that he was going to rape him. I reported it to the school asap but nothing has been done. My son has no idea what it means and nor should he. I feel like since he is the only white kid they dont give a crap about him.

Old 02-07-2014, 12:17 PM

120 posts, read 213,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aronbl View Post
My son is 8 he was recently told by another student that he was going to rape him. I reported it to the school asap but nothing has been done. My son has no idea what it means and nor should he. I feel like since he is the only white kid they dont give a crap about him.
When you say "I reported it to the school", do you mean talking face-to-face with the principal? If he/she is ignores you, go above him.

Old 02-07-2014, 03:36 PM

1,248 posts, read 2,174,928 times
Did the OP of this thread ever post a follow up?

Old 02-08-2014, 01:38 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,971,864 times
Unhappy *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aronbl
Thats very sad and mean....... I HOPE HE DOESNT EVER HAVE TO GO THRU THAT

Old 02-08-2014, 05:12 AM

7,965 posts, read 11,762,456 times
I'm so sorry you're going through this. It's not as if there weren't always bullies and meanness going on in schools, but it sure seems like it's gotten worse. I only have one left in high school...and I thank heavens that he is a kind, gentle, strong GIANT who doesn't pitch crap and doesn't get pitched crap.

He's the kind of kid who'll turn around slowly...raise an eyebrow and say, "You don't wanna pi$$ me off dude. Don't be an idiot. Touch me again and I'm tellin ya...I'm takin yer a$$ out."

As much as I detest violence, sometimes, especially when dealing with a "group" of kids...fear can be a great motivator. These bullying "rules" in school, seem to only teach the true bullies to be more careful in their attacks.

One question that you do have to get to the real bottom of though, is WHY your daughter has been singled out by these boys. Could it be that there is a girl....or some girls, that she doesn't like or who don't like her? Did she get into it with a girl, who then got the boys involved? Listen, I saw it all the time, when I was a kid and my kids all came home with similar stories. Listen, all it takes to get some boys to go ballistic on a girl..is to have someone he has the hots for...tell him horrible stories about "that little beyotch".

As awful as is seems, and as angry as we'd like to get at the boys, that kind of tells you more about girls that age, than it does about the boys. Get to the bottom of it. It's entirely possible that there's been a nasty little tiff (cyber?) going on with her and a (or some) other girl/girls. The little snots have likely convinced those boys that your daughter needs to be punished. Time do do some gathering of evidence yourself and some fixing (if possible). Good luck to you....because it's awful, what you're going through.

Old 02-08-2014, 02:52 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,922,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vmaxnc View Post
I didn't miss the point. Some kids (and adults) will never fight back, but many could if they had the right attitude and maybe a little training. On the meaning of fight back, yes, my examples involved the physical. But fighting back means standing up for yourself, whether it's for a job/promotion, an unruly neighbor with a messy yard, or any other situation we face daily. It means not simply accepting what happens to you. Teaching your kids to fight back and/or get help is great. Teaching them to run away from conflict is not.
Fighting back isn't always smart depending on what kind of kids one is up against.

If it's the kind of fighting that involves one-on-one and a little tussle in the dirt and maybe a black eye or two -- fine.

The problem in many schools today is that's not what a fight involves. In some places a fight means a dozen or more against one. And many of the dozen or more are carrying knives at the very least and they love the chance to use them.

One couple was telling me that they didn't believe their son when he told them he was scared to go to school in the 3rd grade. The mother went to the same school and had good memories but the neighborhood changed more than she had realized. She went to the school to meet with the administrator, teachers and the other parents with the kids and was schocked. She said they themselves felt intimidated by the "cholo" tough looks the other parents were giving them, that hardened stareddown and it was clear that the child was just like his parents.

So instead they transfered their kids to another school in the district and they did much better and were much happier.

Old 02-08-2014, 03:35 PM

16,824 posts, read 17,820,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madeline2121 View Post
Did the OP of this thread ever post a follow up?
Nope, but he has been busy posting in the computer forum on CD.

Old 02-08-2014, 05:33 PM

3,492 posts, read 2,228,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
Nope, but he has been busy posting in the computer forum on CD.
Nice observation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting