Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2015, 07:33 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,989,900 times

Advertisements

My brothers coming to visit which means hes going to see his formerly abusive deadbeat dad turned model citizen with money, atvs etc, guns all the fun stuff. He throws money in my brothers face to buy his love. Takes him to do fun stuff.

The guy was awful and I remember all too well.
My brother told me today that db and I are invited to come over for cook outs etc. His dad doesn't like db and I and I don't like him. We know how to act civil but I've always told myself one day I have to let him know how I feel.

Going to these cook outs and such means getting to spend more time with my brother, so I'll put on my happy face and play pretend for a little.

I just don't know how to go about it.

Old 05-17-2015, 09:11 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,281,476 times
So your brother's dad lives in TN and, even though he doesn't like db, he's invited both of you to his home for BBQ's. He didn't say, "Only your sister is invited because I don't like her boyfriend." He didn't say, "Tell your sister she's not welcome in my home." He said, "Tell your sister she and db are invited to come over when I BBQ."

If you want to see your brother as much as possible leave your attitude at the door and say, "Thanks for having us over. I'll have a cheeseburger, thanks."

Old 05-17-2015, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
So your brother's dad lives in TN and, even though he doesn't like db, he's invited both of you to his home for BBQ's. He didn't say, "Only your sister is invited because I don't like her boyfriend." He didn't say, "Tell your sister she's not welcome in my home." He said, "Tell your sister she and db are invited to come over when I BBQ."

If you want to see your brother as much as possible leave your attitude at the door and say, "Thanks for having us over. I'll have a cheeseburger, thanks."
He's only doing it to not **** off my brother.
How can I just forget the horrible things he's done that I've never gotten an apology for?
Plus I already mentioned I smile and wave and behave accordingly. It's the internal struggle.

Old 05-17-2015, 10:00 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,281,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
How can I just forget the horrible things he's done that I've never gotten an apology for?
Some people apologize. Most people don't. If you go through life expecting apologies for what people have done.... rottsa ruck.

Old 05-18-2015, 11:16 AM

6,418 posts, read 7,274,479 times
Kiddo started football club this week It was for 5 year olds and under so it was rather chaotic but parents could join in so it was good (wet and muddy!) fun! She even scored a goal when we had a parents versus kids match at the end!

Edit: Football being soccer, that is.

Old 05-18-2015, 12:08 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,256,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsku View Post
Kiddo started football club this week It was for 5 year olds and under so it was rather chaotic but parents could join in so it was good (wet and muddy!) fun! She even scored a goal when we had a parents versus kids match at the end!

Old 05-18-2015, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Some people apologize. Most people don't. If you go through life expecting apologies for what people have done.... rottsa ruck.
I guess I mostly just need someone to talk to about it.
I bottle IRL. Here's an outlet.

It just bothers me that he was such an awful man. He was barely a father to my brother, when he was around he treated my mom in ways no one should be treated, he was violent and angry, he broke things.

Now he just comes back into my brothers life throws money and toys in his face. He acts all holier than thou thinks he's a better person than even his own son. He's still one of those guys who think the women have their place and is very controlling.

He even told my brother that he doesn't like who he is but can't write him off because they're father and son. Funny, he didn't have any issue doing so for most of my brothers life.

You can try and cover poo with glitter...it's still poo underneath.

Old 05-18-2015, 08:57 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,321,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
I guess I mostly just need someone to talk to about it.
I bottle IRL. Here's an outlet.

It just bothers me that he was such an awful man. He was barely a father to my brother, when he was around he treated my mom in ways no one should be treated, he was violent and angry, he broke things.

Now he just comes back into my brothers life throws money and toys in his face. He acts all holier than thou thinks he's a better person than even his own son. He's still one of those guys who think the women have their place and is very controlling.

He even told my brother that he doesn't like who he is but can't write him off because they're father and son. Funny, he didn't have any issue doing so for most of my brothers life.

You can try and cover poo with glitter...it's still poo underneath.

Punch him in the babymaker! No, but seriously, sometimes you have to just let it go and realize some people are almighty ****heads. The only person you hurt carrying around baggage is yourself. Your Father likely doesn't think he treated you badly or doesn't care. The best thing you can do is to remove him from your life and not waste a thought on him.

Old 05-18-2015, 08:58 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,321,769 times
Quote:

Old 05-19-2015, 12:27 PM

4,280 posts, read 6,101,345 times
Quote:

As much as I dislike soccer, little kids playing soccer is one of the cutest things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting