Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2014, 05:09 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,975,086 times

Advertisements

I need to teach my boyfriend how to pick his battles with me.

I have to have help showering and he's happy to help do it because he cares and knows it needs to get done but he whines about having to do the shaving part too. I can't do it myself at all. I know I'm not really going many places but it's hot and I have on shorts and I despise hair, like I shave everyday.

It's not asking for much. I don't want hairy legs, I have people who come over and visit and I do occasionally leave the house and all I wear are tank tops and shorts so I need to shave.

Every shower is an ordeal, he always does it but only after whining.

Seriously, if I could do it myself or afford to go get waxed I would.

Plain and simple, I loathe body hair and with everything I'm having to go through being stuck with being hairy and gross is not one of the things I feel like dealing with.

How do you teach men to choose battles?

Old 05-20-2014, 05:24 PM

13,981 posts, read 25,962,532 times
How about trying Nair, or something of that sort, which doesn't require shaving?

Old 05-20-2014, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie View Post
How about trying Nair, or something of that sort, which doesn't require shaving?
I was the only one working at the time of the crash. Gotta conserve money right now. Luckily I've been doing so well at work my check this week should be good but will go towards bills.

I'm such a tiny person it's not that much of a chore lol.

I rather just go get a professional wax. I've got 3 areas I want done tho so it might be expensive.

Old 05-20-2014, 06:20 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,181,169 times
1) you are lucky to be alive and your BF should realize that and not complain about helping you.
2) let it grow and see how he likes it. I bet he won't, but that's what he gets.
3) he doesn't have a job?

Old 05-20-2014, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibbiekat View Post
1) you are lucky to be alive and your BF should realize that and not complain about helping you.
2) let it grow and see how he likes it. I bet he won't, but that's what he gets.
3) he doesn't have a job?
1. I'm agree and the bone was poking into my spinal cord(I never lost function it wasn't too much into the spinal cord) but I could have been paralyzed.
2. I can't punish my self to teach him a lesson. I am OCD when it comes to body hair. Can't stand it.
3. He was working with out neighbor and they got into it. He was going to get another one but it's nice having him here. I got promoted at work and I'm doing so well, my checks are easy to live off of.

It wouldn't bother him if I went all natural but that's not what I want and I can't bend over to shave my legs. I can do everything but that.

Old 05-20-2014, 06:27 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,466,514 times
If you are missing work while recovering, he isn't working and your car is totalled, the last thing I'd be spending money on is waxing. Buy a tube of Nair.

Old 05-20-2014, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
If you are missing work while recovering, he isn't working and your car is totalled, the last thing I'd be spending money on is waxing. Buy a tube of Nair.
Thanks. I'll look into it, he'd still have to do it for me tho.

Luckily all my bills are taken care of this month and I have another decent check coming to me this Friday.

I get my check to buy a new car tomorrow, so excited. I'm gonna spend under the check amount and live off the rest of it for the remainder of time I'm off work. My rental car is free and I'll be able to get an awesome car cause I'm getting a decent amount to buy a new car with.

Old 05-20-2014, 06:48 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,181,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
1. I'm agree and the bone was poking into my spinal cord(I never lost function it wasn't too much into the spinal cord) but I could have been paralyzed.
2. I can't punish my self to teach him a lesson. I am OCD when it comes to body hair. Can't stand it.
3. He was working with out neighbor and they got into it. He was going to get another one but it's nice having him here. I got promoted at work and I'm doing so well, my checks are easy to live off of.

It wouldn't bother him if I went all natural but that's not what I want and I can't bend over to shave my legs. I can do everything but that.
2) Honestly, I think you should get over it. I certainly wouldn't consider it a priority. I think asking him to do it every day is a bit much, and unnecessary. Try every 2-3 days.
3) I'm guessing you won't be working for a while...

Old 05-20-2014, 06:58 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,712,192 times
Oh my gosh! I hope you heal up soon. Glad you are okay, txt.

Old 05-20-2014, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibbiekat View Post
2) Honestly, I think you should get over it. I certainly wouldn't consider it a priority. I think asking him to do it every day is a bit much, and unnecessary. Try every 2-3 days.
3) I'm guessing you won't be working for a while...
Oh gawd my hair grows too fast for that. I know it's not priority but a lot of my freedom has been taken from me cause the accident and if I don't control the small amount of things I still have control over I'll go nuts.
As long as he keeps doing it I guess I'll deal with the whining. Lol.

I get to go back next month. I'll only be out like 4 weeks, I can go back and just not lift anything. I go in for a visit in a week and since I'm doing so well I'm going to try and get them to release me back to work earlier. I just got promoted and I need my job, I don't want to get demoted or replaced. I have to go back to work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting