Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2015, 04:50 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,573,294 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlvancouver View Post
Just a reminder that she also called out ("yelled at") this guy at the end of the movie in an attempt to shame him. Why she's allowed to voice her displeasure and the man in the movie isn't is a mystery.

She sat through the rest of the movie knowing she was ruining the experience for others by having kids too young to be there and then used her child's illness as a weapon to bully someone else. She was spoiling for a fight, got one, and is using it to garner sympathy.

The other theatre goers all have their own stories too but don't go on Huffington Post about it.

You'll note in her facebook page she got lots of negative feedback about her bad choice to bring a toddler to a movie and according to her she deleted them all as "haters" - the word of choice for dismissing alternate views.
Well said. Instead of blaming the rest of the World for her bad choices, she should look at her own bad manners.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2015, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
It is not the why he did it but rather the how he did it.
Mom seems to think it was appropriate, since she did the same thing, and was the reason for the whole fiasco.

A "Go Fund Me Page?" Sort of like "selling" your Kid for a free trip to Disneyland. How appropriate.

Old 05-30-2015, 05:02 PM

5,544 posts, read 8,317,781 times
and I am feeling for the 9 year old. Can you imagine trying to enjoy the movie with a seat bouncing 2 year old and a laughing/noisy other child? and then someone calls out to control your kid and then Mom embarrasses everyone with yelling at the guy at the end?

Sometimes the normal kid(s) get overlooked and it is a shame.

Maybe 9 year old needs one on one time out with Mom or Dad sometimes too.

Old 05-30-2015, 05:17 PM

3,515 posts, read 3,688,723 times
Also, am I the only one creeped out by this?

Quote:
To the man who stopped me by the bathroom saying you enjoyed our Vito: Thank you
That just sounds a bit off. "I had to say how much I enjoyed your kid lovingly shrieking his way throughout a whole movie."

I don't know what is worse, the possibility that she made that up or that some guy followed her out of the theater and stopped her by the bathroom just to say that.

"I often hang out by cinema bathrooms, complimenting single moms on their enjoyable toddlers."

Old 05-30-2015, 08:56 PM

1,562 posts, read 1,492,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
Rofl. Oh course society has to accept its members problems. You do know that is why societies exist right? To share problems and benefits in order to benefit the group as a whole.

We all benefit from the inherent safety nets and protections society provided for everyone at some point in their lives but some how if any one of us is "disturbed" in any way, in a public place no less, suddenly society can no longer bear that burden. The burden of a laughing child. What's wrong with people today that the presence of a laughing child in a public venue warrants the kind of vitriol the mother faced and this thread has generated. Be thankful that these are the kinds of problems that get you all wound up instead of real ones.
No, I think you may be confused. Societies come together for "the common good". That is, there are interests that we all share; the rule of law, contract enforcement, defense, etc. That does not mean that various individual problems, one of which we all have, should be shared by all. One child having cancer or any other malady, as tragic as it may be, does not mean the entire society should treat all children as if they have such a malady, or be burdened by it; quite the opposite. It is social rule that dictates a disruptive child in a crowded theatre be removed rather than be allowed to disturb everyone else.

Old 05-30-2015, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juram View Post

That just sounds a bit off. "I had to say how much I enjoyed your kid lovingly shrieking his way throughout a whole movie."

I don't know what is worse, the possibility that she made that up or that some guy followed her out of the theater and stopped her by the bathroom just to say that.

"I often hang out by cinema bathrooms, complimenting single moms on their enjoyable toddlers."

That would be creepy if true. Chances are its not, since how many same people would tell her they enjoyed being tortured during a Movie they paid to see. Or this guy was there stalking children.

Yep creepy... Or there could be a possibility the Guy was being Sarcastic, and Mom thought it was a compliment. That's more likely the Truth.

Old 05-30-2015, 09:14 PM

11,795 posts, read 12,035,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
A movie is where you sit quietly in the dark and experience a show. When you can do that, you can go to a movie.
^^^^^^^^

Thought this was worth repeating.

Old 05-30-2015, 09:25 PM

3,125 posts, read 3,024,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theoldnorthstate View Post
and I am feeling for the 9 year old. Can you imagine trying to enjoy the movie with a seat bouncing 2 year old and a laughing/noisy other child? and then someone calls out to control your kid and then Mom embarrasses everyone with yelling at the guy at the end?

Sometimes the normal kid(s) get overlooked and it is a shame.

Maybe 9 year old needs one on one time out with Mom or Dad sometimes too.
Yeah, no kidding. I'll go for that. I had a friend growing up...her younger brother has very severe autism. Everything revolved around him, which I understand, but I do think it was hard on her. She probably would have appreciated it if her parents could find a competent sitter and take her out somewhere every now ad then. She was a very good big sister...she deserved it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juram View Post

He probably spent the whole movie thinking about what a pain in the tail the child was, then felt guilty after her little "announcement" and felt like he had to say something to make her feel better after the whole ordeal.

Old 05-31-2015, 07:14 AM

6,617 posts, read 6,545,986 times
At the price you pay for theatre tickets these days, that was an expensive 1 1/2 hours to sit with a loud child, not only for the mother, but for the other theatre-goers who went to enjoy the movie.

Including a stress free enjoyable outing with her older son, her money would have been far better spent on getting the youngest child a sitter.

Old 05-31-2015, 09:00 AM

19,480 posts, read 25,159,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gouligann View Post
At the price you pay for theatre tickets these days, that was an expensive 1 1/2 hours to sit with a loud child, not only for the mother, but for the other theatre-goers who went to enjoy the movie.

Including a stress free enjoyable outing with her older son, her money would have been far better spent on getting the youngest child a sitter.
I read that she already had a babysitter at her house for the youngest baby.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting