Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2015, 03:14 PM

20,048 posts, read 18,332,164 times

Advertisements

What makes YOU want to run away from your kid(s)?!

This is a thread for pooped out parents that desperately need to vent!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2015, 04:34 PM

11,495 posts, read 26,910,532 times
The only time I ever wanted to run away was when I had postpartum depression. I packed a bag a couple times but didn't actually go.

I'm lucky that my kids are so responsible and well-behaved. I see other kids running wild in stores and I'd probably want to run away if mine were doing that.

Old 06-08-2015, 04:49 PM

1,599 posts, read 1,812,574 times
Ugh. When my daughter won't stop relentlessly asking me questions/talking. She has a bad habit of repeating herself endlessly until you respond to her. Doesn't matter if it's a question or statement, she'll say it over and over until you acknowledge it. Barely a breathe in between. We have been trying to work with her on this, but on days that I'm extra busy or if she starts chattering when I have a chaotic moment, I have trouble properly addressing it, so we make progress than backtrack.

Old 06-08-2015, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog_Mom View Post
The only time I ever wanted to run away was when I had postpartum depression. I packed a bag a couple times but didn't actually go.

I'm lucky that my kids are so responsible and well-behaved. I see other kids running wild in stores and I'd probably want to run away if mine were doing that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pennies4Penny View Post
Ugh. When my daughter won't stop relentlessly asking me questions/talking. She has a bad habit of repeating herself endlessly until you respond to her. Doesn't matter if it's a question or statement, she'll say it over and over until you acknowledge it. Barely a breathe in between. We have been trying to work with her on this, but on days that I'm extra busy or if she starts chattering when I have a chaotic moment, I have trouble properly addressing it, so we make progress than backtrack.
Great posts! Keep 'em coming!

Old 06-08-2015, 05:36 PM

10,196 posts, read 9,905,117 times
When my 8 year old and 9 year old bicker a lot. Most of the time they get along but after a long break from school they will just be at eachother. And I HATE it! My son pushes buttons, my daughter over reacts. I want them both to shut it.

I have what o call "mommy brain breaks" where I go to my room and the kids have to give me a brain break. The more they interrupt th longer I will have to take. Even if dinner is late. They respect the brain breaks.

Old 06-08-2015, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlyingBird View Post
When my 8 year old and 9 year old bicker a lot. Most of the time they get along but after a long break from school they will just be at eachother. And I HATE it! My son pushes buttons, my daughter over reacts. I want them both to shut it.

I have what o call "mommy brain breaks" where I go to my room and the kids have to give me a brain break. The more they interrupt th longer I will have to take. Even if dinner is late. They respect the brain breaks.

I've heard of parents locking themselves in the bathroom or closet. LOL! Good way to runaway and stay home all at the same time!

Old 06-08-2015, 11:05 PM

6,418 posts, read 7,261,809 times
Sometimes I want to run away, but when I feel like that I realise I've usually forgotten to take my medicine or I'm starting to have an anxiety attack so meds, a cup of tea and a lie down usually fixes it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pennies4Penny View Post
My kid does the same, and if I'm having a bad day I just can't take it and tell her she has to be quiet for a little while which thankfully she usually understands and listens to.

Old 06-08-2015, 11:21 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,448,492 times
I have a 15 year old. Nuff said.

Old 06-09-2015, 06:08 AM

5,849 posts, read 6,202,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by picklejuice View Post
I've heard of parents locking themselves in the bathroom or closet. LOL! Good way to runaway and stay home all at the same time!
I have a clear and vivid memory of my brother and I sitting outside our parents' room crying after my Mom had locked herself in there. I was about 4 and my brother 2.

Once I had kids, it was one of the many things I understood (and appreciated more) about my Mom. She always seemed calm and patient around us; more so than I am capable of being.

Old 06-09-2015, 07:35 AM

15,811 posts, read 20,573,398 times
I'm pretty laid back, so not much gets to me. My G/F will want to cry when her son is sticking his hand into his diaper and pulling out poop and throwing it, but I have to laugh because it's funny. I usually tell her to go pour herself a glass of wine and I'll handle it.

However.....I can't handle "Cailliou".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting