Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2016, 08:37 PM

2 posts, read 1,740 times

Advertisements

My son is 17 and has started seeing this girl who I hate with everything in me she is evil and I wish she wasn't in the picture ,they use to date like three years ago.. then do to her cheating on my son they broke up ...know they r together again ..I have told her stay away from my son and she smiles at me then hugs my son and kisses him and I want to beat her up ....but I can't she's 14 years old ,,,and yes they r having sex....she is very sexually active ..my son knows how I feel about her .but I know he will continue to see her no matter what. Knowing this im putting my morals aside because its my son and dont want a bigger wedge then is already between us plus he is 4 months from turning 18 ..i told my son u will not spend the night at her house because its not right even though her mom is all for it this girls exboyfriend is 24 yrs old and lived with her and her mom for over a year ..just to give u an idea of her life ..she also cuts herself,drinks,and smokes pot god knows what else .so one day my son was sapose to go to work .he worked at mc d's anyway he walks in and i ask y r u not at work he tells me to shut up before he hits me ....omg im like whatv did u just say to me ??? And he gets close to me and repeats himself ..and he is alot bigger then me ...so my reaction to him was you need to leave ...which is what he wanted so he can be with that girl come to find out he has losr his job now and i havent seen him sense ..what do i do?? I would die for my son ..and he threatens to cause me bodly injury i have been so hurt and stressed out i got into a car crash because my mind was wondering on my way to work ...what do i do just let him go ? But i cant have him hit me ..,.so lost please help!!!!!!l

Old 01-14-2016, 09:03 PM

1,329 posts, read 2,630,556 times
There are a lot of churches and some town governments that have groups to help with situations like yours. Ask a church or town hall for a domestic violence group.

There is probably a statutory rape crime he could be charged with if he has sex with a girl that young, especially with the age difference -- no matter if it's consentual.

Old 01-14-2016, 09:12 PM

1,254 posts, read 1,059,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nico7 View Post
There is probably a statutory rape crime he could be charged with if he has sex with a girl that young, especially with the age difference -- no matter if it's consensual.
That isn't going to work in Connecticut.

Quote:
Finally, minors UNDER the age of 16 and at least 13 years old can consent to sex with anyone no more then 3 years older then they are.
He's 17 and she's 14 so it is legal.

https://www.age-of-consent.info/states/Connecticut

Old 01-14-2016, 09:47 PM

2,753 posts, read 3,313,170 times
Sign up your son for an AmeriCorp program which is intended to engage adults in intensive community service. It turns people around and it can help your son in the future. He needs to be 18 though.

AmeriCorps | Corporation for National and Community Service

When a teen turns abusive it's natural to think "Why?" and automatically turn the blame to yourself as a parent. Abusive and aggressive manners are not stages that your son will grow out of. He needs to learn the consequences for his actions. You need to have boundaries and if he crosses those boundaries you need to take action to show what he is doing is wrong.

Old 01-15-2016, 06:19 AM

720 posts, read 919,936 times
call the cops if he threatens you.

Old 01-15-2016, 07:55 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,416,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurting heart View Post
My son is 17 and has started seeing this girl who I hate with everything in me she is evil and I wish she wasn't in the picture ,they use to date like three years ago.. then do to her cheating on my son they broke up ...know they r together again ..I have told her stay away from my son and she smiles at me then hugs my son and kisses him and I want to beat her up ....but I can't she's 14 years old ,,,and yes they r having sex....she is very sexually active ..my son knows how I feel about her .but I know he will continue to see her no matter what. Knowing this im putting my morals aside because its my son and dont want a bigger wedge then is already between us plus he is 4 months from turning 18 ..i told my son u will not spend the night at her house because its not right even though her mom is all for it this girls exboyfriend is 24 yrs old and lived with her and her mom for over a year ..just to give u an idea of her life ..she also cuts herself,drinks,and smokes pot god knows what else .so one day my son was sapose to go to work .he worked at mc d's anyway he walks in and i ask y r u not at work he tells me to shut up before he hits me ....omg im like whatv did u just say to me ??? And he gets close to me and repeats himself ..and he is alot bigger then me ...so my reaction to him was you need to leave ...which is what he wanted so he can be with that girl come to find out he has losr his job now and i havent seen him sense ..what do i do?? I would die for my son ..and he threatens to cause me bodly injury i have been so hurt and stressed out i got into a car crash because my mind was wondering on my way to work ...what do i do just let him go ? But i cant have him hit me ..,.so lost please help!!!!!!l

What do you expect? You're sitting here saying how you want to beat up his girlfriend, so you have raised him with violence in your heart. Not fun when it turns around on you is it?

Old 01-15-2016, 08:12 AM

1,329 posts, read 2,630,556 times
You might also try the Guardian Angels community service organization.

New Haven, CT Guardian Angels Programs
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting