Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2016, 09:29 PM

19,480 posts, read 25,159,022 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by anglonorseman View Post
I feel i should be allowed to do what I want, how I want, and for me to be free in my familial house.
Did you pay the down payment for the house? Did you pay the mortgage each month on the house? Did you pay the taxes on the house every year?

If you can say "Yes" to all of those things than you can call it "my house". Otherwise, it is the house that you grew up in or your father's house.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2016, 09:30 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,251,365 times
Bwahahahahaha.

Old 11-24-2016, 09:35 PM

1,734 posts, read 1,203,549 times
Quote:
I feel i should be allowed to do what I want, how I want, and for me to be free in my familial house.
Well, then, fair is fair.

Your father – and your brother – should be allowed to do as they want and be "free" as well. Why should that be reserved for you? And if that means being dismissive to you or ignoring you or not entertaining you ... I guess you should be just fine with it. Anything else would be "weird."

Are you "having us on a bit" here?

Old 11-24-2016, 11:16 PM

32 posts, read 23,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by germaine2626 View Post
Did you pay the down payment for the house? Did you pay the mortgage each month on the house? Did you pay the taxes on the house every year?

If you can say "Yes" to all of those things than you can call it "my house". Otherwise, it is the house that you grew up in or your father's house.
No, I didn't. But then it's pretty obvious that i should be comfortable in my own house.

Old 11-25-2016, 05:49 AM

13,496 posts, read 18,195,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma_bear View Post
Your father is 80. The days of him entertaining you are over. Why don't you go to church with him? Why don't you take him out for a meal or to see a movie?
Right, if the OP is on the level.

He thinks his father may have Asperger's, and he is po'ed that this 80 year old man (whom he suspects may have Aspergerge's) does not entertain him and pay more attention to him.

Yes, he is "weird" as he asked in the subject line, though I would probably use a different word.

Old 11-25-2016, 06:52 AM

15,218 posts, read 10,318,759 times
I have no words for the OP that wouldn't be considered rude so I shall refrain from any further comment.

Old 11-25-2016, 07:00 AM

19,480 posts, read 25,159,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by germaine2626 View Post

Quote:
No, I didn't. But then it's pretty obvious that i should be comfortable in my own house.
Perhaps, I misunderstood. I thought that you lived someplace else and were just visiting your father in his house. And, if you are 42 years old you probably moved away many, many, many years ago.

But, do you still live in the same house and pay rent to your father? In that case, you might be able to call it "my own house" just like people who rent an apartment call it "my apartment" even though they don't actually own the building.

But, if you are just visiting, perhaps, your father is upset because you are visiting too often, or not buying the food and making meals when you visit, or not doing the dishes & cleaning when you visit. At age 80, I bet that he is not working anymore, and you are working, so I am betting that he is expecting you to pay for the restaurant meals and movie tickets and other expenses.

Are you treating your father with respect when you visit?

Old 11-25-2016, 07:05 AM

2,495 posts, read 1,872,885 times
Quote:
I'm confused here. Does your father stop you from doing what you want, how you want to do it or restricts your freedom? I mean, does this 80-year-old man lock you in the house and not allow you to leave? Does he refuse to allow you to eat? Watch TV? Go to a movie? Practice your religion?

On the other hand, shouldn't your father be allowed to do what HE wants, how HE wants to do it and to be free in HIS "familial" house? Ditto for your brother.

Old 11-25-2016, 08:09 AM

772 posts, read 1,060,534 times
I honestly think OP is just bored so he's starting all these random threads that just points to him (assuming no mental disability) as being the best weird one.

Or perhaps, OP is really a child because his posts really fits read like a tween's postings not a 42 year old who is apparently holding a life together somewhere else till he goes visit his father and regresses to a 12 year old.

Old 11-25-2016, 08:21 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,176,449 times
Why do you visit so often?

Do you invite yourself, or does he invite you?

Do you think it's possible that he doesn't want a house guest every other week? Especially one who thinks he should be treated like a guest and not family?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting