Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2017, 01:01 PM

14,785 posts, read 24,080,364 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Congratulations on proving the detective wrong!

And, I assume they nailed the perp, and he's locked up for life? Was he surprised to see you alive and in the witness stand?

oh no he drove off and commited suicide a few hours later the cops found him dead behind the wheel he killed himself .

Old 12-09-2017, 06:02 PM

426 posts, read 362,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flowerlily68 View Post
I am furious right now! For some background: Three weeks ago a girl at my son's school took a liking to him and asked to go out but he declined, wasn't interested in her. She didn't like that and started stalking him, leaving unwanted notes, managed to find out where he lives and started leaving "gifts" on our doorstep. He told her again he wasn't interested but she kept pursuing so I finally talked to the school and they said they would handle it; apparently not.

Earlier today my son along with his friend was walking back from school when she approached them. My son told her to leave him alone yet again and she used some colorful language and as he walked past her she took out a can of mace and maced him in the face! It didn't stop there though, my son tried to get away but she continued to mace him and then knocked him down and started scratching his face! My son just started swinging and punched her hard in the face, at which point according to both my son and his friend she cussed at him, started crying and ran away. My sons friend managed to call me and I left work, picked him up and took him immediately to the hospital. Both to see how bad it was and also for documentation. She really managed to do some damage. Needless to say I plan to press charges against this psycho girl. But I can only imagine the parent(s) of the girl will try to as well. While I am certainly against men hitting women (or anyone hitting anyone for that matter), I think under these circumstances (continually being maced unprovoked, while scratching) my son was well within his right to hit her to get her to stop.

What are your thoughts? They are both 16 in case anyone was wondering.

The problem is there are TONS of guys where, if the girl asks 4-10 times, the guy eventually gives in and they date happily for an extended period of time.

So when the guy said no 3 times, the girl thinks it is totally normal to ask another 7 times.

We also cannot know for sure the mace was intentional. Maybe he bumped into her and she accidentally began to spray him?

We do not have a video of the encounter. Maybe your son punched her in the face first and then she maced him and he just changed the story to get out of trouble.

Old 12-09-2017, 06:05 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,298,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zesty2 View Post
The problem is there are TONS of guys where, if the girl asks 4-10 times, the guy eventually gives in and they date happily for an extended period of time.

So when the guy said no 3 times, the girl thinks it is totally normal to ask another 7 times.

We also cannot know for sure the mace was intentional. Maybe he bumped into her and she accidentally began to spray him?

We do not have a video of the encounter. Maybe your son punched her in the face first and then she maced him and he just changed the story to get out of trouble.
Making lots of excuses here.

Maybe, maybe, maybe.

Accidentally began to spray him? Totally normal for a girl to ask a guy out multiple times? He changed the story to get out of trouble?

Yeah ok.

Old 12-09-2017, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Making lots of excuses here.

Maybe, maybe, maybe.

Accidentally began to spray him? Totally normal for a girl to ask a guy out multiple times? He changed the story to get out of trouble?

Yeah ok.

When a case goes to trial, these are issues the defense is going to raise.

Having your side go, "MY SON IS ALWAYS HONEST!"

is not going to help your case.

It IS totally normal for girls that age to ask a guy out multiple times and it IS totally normal for kids to change their story to get out of trouble.

Old 12-09-2017, 07:14 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,298,921 times
Quote:
When a case goes to trial, these are issues the defense is going to raise.

Having your side go, "MY SON IS ALWAYS HONEST!"

is not going to help your case.

It IS totally normal for girls that age to ask a guy out multiple times and it IS totally normal for kids to change their story to get out of trouble.
Neither of US are going to be in court. I'll leave the legal advice to the OP's counsel.

It is not "totally normal" for girls to keep asking out the same guy over and over and over again. Its weird and messed up. Take a hint and move on.

Old 12-09-2017, 08:27 PM

123 posts, read 173,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flowerlily68 View Post
I am furious right now! For some background: Three weeks ago a girl at my son's school took a liking to him and asked to go out but he declined, wasn't interested in her. She didn't like that and started stalking him, leaving unwanted notes, managed to find out where he lives and started leaving "gifts" on our doorstep. He told her again he wasn't interested but she kept pursuing so I finally talked to the school and they said they would handle it; apparently not.

Earlier today my son along with his friend was walking back from school when she approached them. My son told her to leave him alone yet again and she used some colorful language and as he walked past her she took out a can of mace and maced him in the face! It didn't stop there though, my son tried to get away but she continued to mace him and then knocked him down and started scratching his face! My son just started swinging and punched her hard in the face, at which point according to both my son and his friend she cussed at him, started crying and ran away. My sons friend managed to call me and I left work, picked him up and took him immediately to the hospital. Both to see how bad it was and also for documentation. She really managed to do some damage. Needless to say I plan to press charges against this psycho girl. But I can only imagine the parent(s) of the girl will try to as well. While I am certainly against men hitting women (or anyone hitting anyone for that matter), I think under these circumstances (continually being maced unprovoked, while scratching) my son was well within his right to hit her to get her to stop.

What are your thoughts? They are both 16 in case anyone was wondering.
Notify the police ASAP and file a report. My guess is that this would be settled out of court - depends on the DA. Then I'd go ahead and initiate a civil suit against the girl's parents if they have any money - might be worth $100K, possibly more. They definitely should pay damages.

Old 12-09-2017, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Neither of US are going to be in court. I'll leave the legal advice to the OP's counsel.

It is not "totally normal" for girls to keep asking out the same guy over and over and over again. Its weird and messed up. Take a hint and move on.

For the people advising a lawsuit, the person who started this thread is going to need to think of these things.

You cannot just ignore them or make decisions on emotions. That is a great way to lose the case and if the boy did initiate the encounter, the boy's parents could be opening themselves up to all kinds of counter-charges that would not be there if they never sued in the first place.

And it is TOTALLY normal for a 19 year old or younger girl to do that.

If you object to the word normal, then let me put it this way: It happens ALL the time at that age, so she is not going to view her persistence as a negative.

Kids change so quickly in high school that you cannot even really blame them for asking again, especially considering if he already said no, he cannot be anymore negative towards him, so there is no penalty for her to keep asking.

Old 12-09-2017, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montclairion View Post
Notify the police ASAP and file a report. My guess is that this would be settled out of court - depends on the DA. Then I'd go ahead and initiate a civil suit against the girl's parents if they have any money - might be worth $100K, possibly more. They definitely should pay damages.

The damages would be nowhere near $100,000.

Why would you advise blowing this out of proportion?

Old 12-10-2017, 07:56 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,940,989 times
Quote:

Yet more excuses as to how the girl was right and the guy was wrong. Lots of assumptions to ensure that the girl bears no responsibility for her actions.

Old 12-10-2017, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Yet more excuses as to how the girl was right and the guy was wrong. Lots of assumptions to ensure that the girl bears no responsibility for her actions.

You can't enforce a punishment on someone for asking a question.

She has the right to keep asking him if she wants.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting