Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2018, 04:13 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,744,701 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harpaint View Post
The average American woman over 20 weighs 169 lbs, hardly petite. Most gain during pregnancy and have not returned to their original weight after only 3 mos.
Cool story. Otoh, this is a specific woman who is very petite. Links have been provided, there are even pictures.

Old 09-18-2018, 04:19 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,031,799 times
Quote:
The average American woman over 20 weighs 169 lbs, hardly petite. Most gain during pregnancy and have not returned to their original weight after only 3 mos.
Post #1 has a link with a video of the woman. If you think that woman is fat, you have a seriously warped view of women's bodies.

I would much rather have that woman sitting next to me, even with a baby strapped to her, then to have this guy spilling out of his seat and into mine.

Old 09-18-2018, 04:25 PM

50,828 posts, read 36,538,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
No, its not perfectly acceptable. Most sporting venues have codes of conduct against foul language, and it can result in being asked to leave. Of course an occasional word typically isn't a problem, but if someone is going to have to sensor themselves because of a nearby baby, I'm guessing its not the occasional f bomb.
Irresponsible conduct will not be tolerated at Lambeau Field or in its parking lots and, in some cases, may result in arrest and/or ejection from the game. The following will not be tolerated:

[snip]
  • Foul or abusive language or obscene gestures
Https://www.packers.com/lambeau-fiel...ode-of-conduct
Well go to a game next Sunday and tell me how many are adhering to that, and who is enforcing it. I don't know many people who don't let a curse word or two fly when their team gets intercepted.

Aside from that, the poster who was called "boorish" stated only that he "likes to yell" at games, and said not a word about cursing.

Old 09-18-2018, 04:31 PM

9,446 posts, read 6,584,523 times
I hadn't seen the pictures before. I wouldn't consider her either "very petite" or "fat". Are you saying that the stadium should make their decisions based on their estimation of the size and weight of each "specific woman"? Now THAT would really be a "cool story"!

Old 09-18-2018, 04:34 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,188,633 times
Quote:
I hadn't seen the pictures before. I wouldn't consider her either "very petite" or "fat". Are you saying that the stadium should make their decisions based on their estimation of the size and weight of each "specific woman"?
Are you? You seem concerned about her and the baby taking up too much space.

I go to all kinds of concerts, sporing events, etc. We can't pick who we sit by. That's just how it is. If people can sit on a plane for hours at a time with a kid on their lap for free, I don't see why someone couldn't do it at a football game.

Old 09-18-2018, 04:39 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,031,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Aside from that, the poster who was called "boorish" stated only that he "likes to yell" at games, and said not a word about cursing.
I don't know anyone who would be concerned about yelling "touchdown" or yelling "go,go,go" in front of a small child. If there are things you don't want to say in front of a child, then they're probably falling under the foul language category.

Plenty of people are able to go to sporting events and have a good time without sounding like a drunken sailor.

And before you say it... No, I'm not a prude and there is no clutching of pearls.

Old 09-18-2018, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibbiekat View Post
Are you? You seem concerned about her and the baby taking up too much space.

I go to all kinds of concerts, sporing events, etc. We can't pick who we sit by. That's just how it is. If people can sit on a plane for hours at a time with a kid on their lap for free, I don't see why someone couldn't do it at a football game.

Yes, I would rather not sit next to a parent with a child on their lap in both situations, and I think most other people feel the same. I have no idea why one business allows it and the other doesn't. But I have observed that airlines change seating frequently to accommodate families with children.

Old 09-18-2018, 04:51 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,188,633 times
Quote:
Yes, I would rather not sit next to a parent with a child on their lap in both situations, and I think most other people feel the same. I have no idea why one business allows it and the other doesn't. But I have observed that airlines change seating frequently to accommodate families with children.
The extra oxygen masks are only on one side of the plane. That's why you might see a lap child moved from one seat to another. Not sure what that has to do with anything. We all have to sit by people we'd rather not. That's life. If she's not taking up any more than 1 seat, it's not a big deal.

Old 09-18-2018, 05:40 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,118,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Are you yelling obscenities? A 3 month old isn't going to know what your saying, and they're definitely not going to remember any of the words your saying. I'd be more concerned about what adults around you are thinking about your boorish behavior.
Boorish behavior is yelling at a football game????

Old 09-18-2018, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibbiekat View Post
The extra oxygen masks are only on one side of the plane. That's why you might see a lap child moved from one seat to another. Not sure what that has to do with anything. We all have to sit by people we'd rather not. That's life. If she's not taking up any more than 1 seat, it's not a big deal.

The thread subject is seating at the stadium, and apparently it is a big deal to them. Possibly they have had problems with parents with babies inadvertently infringing on others' space due to the seat size. I don't know, but they have the right to set their own rules. That's life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting