Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2018, 06:02 AM

16,825 posts, read 17,723,474 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harpaint View Post
I hadn't seen the pictures before. I wouldn't consider her either "very petite" or "fat". Are you saying that the stadium should make their decisions based on their estimation of the size and weight of each "specific woman"? Now THAT would really be a "cool story"!
I am saying the concern from th poster I quoted about not sitting next to her and her 15lb baby “because they would take up too much space” is nonsense. And thstyour supposition that she and her baby together take up more space than the typical male fan is also nonsense.

Old 09-19-2018, 07:23 AM

596 posts, read 889,636 times
I'm picturing the baby drifting off to sleep and every time the Packers score, the crowd goes wild and the poor thing is jarred awake. Time after time, for hours. I don't care if the fans are cursing or not. That makes no difference to a 3-month old. It's the level of noise I would worry about. If the earplugs solve that problem, then that's wonderful. But I can't imagine they would cancel the noise completely.

Old 09-19-2018, 07:29 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,160,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SactoBankerGirl View Post
I'm picturing the baby drifting off to sleep and every time the Packers score, the crowd goes wild and the poor thing is jarred awake. Time after time, for hours. I don't care if the fans are cursing or not. That makes no difference to a 3-month old. It's the level of noise I would worry about. If the earplugs solve that problem, then that's wonderful. But I can't imagine they would cancel the noise completely.
Babies that young can sleep anywhere through anything. It's cute some if you keep pretending your concern is for the baby.

Last edited by Kibbiekat; 09-19-2018 at 08:13 AM..

Old 09-19-2018, 07:38 AM

596 posts, read 889,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibbiekat View Post
Babies that young can sleep anywhere through anything. It's cute you know lol keep pretending your concern is for the baby.

What are you implying? What do you think my concern is for? I raised two children to adulthood. I don't believe that infants should be taken everywhere. They don't belong in a bar, or a strip club or an NFL game. That's just my opinion. Part of being a parent is sacrificing. Sometimes you can't go everywhere you want to go. When my younger son was 4 months old I pumped milk and got a babysitter so I could go to an AC/DC concert. I would have done the same if I went to a football game.

Now if an infant is on an airplane, I have 100% sympathy. It's just an unavoidable situation. I once sat next to a single mother on a flight and held her baby for two hours so she could get some much-needed rest. People that are angry about crying babies on planes are jerks.

Old 09-19-2018, 08:53 AM

2,451 posts, read 3,213,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
No, its not perfectly acceptable. Most sporting venues have codes of conduct against foul language, and it can result in being asked to leave. Of course an occasional word typically isn't a problem, but if someone is going to have to sensor themselves because of a nearby baby, I'm guessing its not the occasional f bomb.

Irresponsible conduct will not be tolerated at Lambeau Field or in its parking lots and, in some cases, may result in arrest and/or ejection from the game. The following will not be tolerated:
[snip]
  • Foul or abusive language or obscene gestures
Https://www.packers.com/lambeau-fiel...ode-of-conduct
When did yelling automatically mean yelling obscenities?

Old 09-19-2018, 09:10 AM

1,644 posts, read 1,663,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SactoBankerGirl View Post
What are you implying? What do you think my concern is for? I raised two children to adulthood. I don't believe that infants should be taken everywhere. They don't belong in a bar, or a strip club or an NFL game. That's just my opinion. Part of being a parent is sacrificing. Sometimes you can't go everywhere you want to go. When my younger son was 4 months old I pumped milk and got a babysitter so I could go to an AC/DC concert. I would have done the same if I went to a football game.

Now if an infant is on an airplane, I have 100% sympathy. It's just an unavoidable situation. I once sat next to a single mother on a flight and held her baby for two hours so she could get some much-needed rest. People that are angry about crying babies on planes are jerks.
I couldn’t rep you again but I agree 100%,

Old 09-19-2018, 09:48 AM

11,936 posts, read 13,099,640 times
It's really obvious some of you have never been to an NFL stadium.

If you are close to the sidelines, the seat in front of you is on your knees and the person next to you is on top of you. My husband and I are not overweight a bit and seats everywhere are tight. We've probably been to 15 NFL and SEC stadiums including Hard Rock, Mercedes-Benz, Bank of America, Met Life, and Soldier Field. We will add Jerry World to this list in November.

If you are up in the stands, sometimes the pitch is so steep, I'd be scared to walk up to my seat with a baby let along hold one.

The club boxes would be the only place you could comfortably sit with a baby.

There isn't any room between your seat and the person next to you or in front of you. And with literally half of our country obese, at least one person is going to be spilling over into your seat already.

This has nothing to do with yelling or drinking.

Old 09-19-2018, 10:16 AM

1,644 posts, read 1,663,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
It's really obvious some of you have never been to an NFL stadium.

If you are close to the sidelines, the seat in front of you is on your knees and the person next to you is on top of you. My husband and I are not overweight a bit and seats everywhere are tight. We've probably been to 15 NFL and SEC stadiums including Hard Rock, Mercedes-Benz, Bank of America, Met Life, and Soldier Field. We will add Jerry World to this list in November.

If you are up in the stands, sometimes the pitch is so steep, I'd be scared to walk up to my seat with a baby let along hold one.

The club boxes would be the only place you could comfortably sit with a baby.

There isn't any room between your seat and the person next to you or in front of you. And with literally half of our country obese, at least one person is going to be spilling over into your seat already.

This has nothing to do with yelling or drinking.
The baby alone would be a challenge not to mention the diaper bag.

Old 09-19-2018, 11:05 AM

15,546 posts, read 12,012,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
And yet, everyday, thousands of people manage to walk to their seats without a problem. The baby would have been strapped to her mother, so it wouldn't be any harder than walking up any other stairs.

Do we even know that her seats were way up high? Yeah, there is typically less leg room in the upper section, but with the 3 month old baby strapped to her chest, leg room doesn't really matter. And if she was lower down, there is much more room. True that there could be an obese person sitting next to her, but I don't see how that is the mother's problem.

Old 09-19-2018, 11:06 AM

15,546 posts, read 12,012,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaxwell View Post
When did yelling automatically mean yelling obscenities?
I never said it did...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.