Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2018, 07:13 AM

407 posts, read 370,314 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
I have not seen any evidence that they had bleacher seats, plus it sounds like it's a policy throughout the stadium.
Yes - my point was that maybe they had the policy because of those seats just to avoid issues for those sitting there. Not that she had the bleacher seats.

Old 09-18-2018, 07:50 AM

15,546 posts, read 12,024,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
St. Louis was always near the bottom of the league in attendance, it was not like they had every seat filled. This particular game was a sold out rivalry game so there is just not much room. I can see why they would charge the kid that considered.
Except a vast majority of sports venues do allow children under a certain age in without a ticket. It has nothing to do with attendance or needing to fill seats. You really think a 3 month old baby is going to sit in their own seat?

The St. Louis Cardinals allow children 3 and under in the stadium without a ticket. They have one of the highest attendance numbers in baseball year after year.

Old 09-18-2018, 07:55 AM

15,546 posts, read 12,024,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VAviaCA View Post
One point about the Packers/Lambeau Field. There is still some old-school bleacher seating at Lambeau. I can see an argument where someone with an unticketed infant/toddler may take up too much room on a bleacher seat with their care-giver vs. being confined to one actual seat where there is no wiggle room.
Most baseball stadiums have bleachers seats, and still allow young children in without a ticket. Even with a bleacher seat, you need to sit in your assigned seat. You can't just spread out and force others out of their paid seats.

Old 09-18-2018, 08:21 AM

407 posts, read 370,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Most baseball stadiums have bleachers seats, and still allow young children in without a ticket. Even with a bleacher seat, you need to sit in your assigned seat. You can't just spread out and force others out of their paid seats.
Yes, I agree. Just trying to think of some reasons why they might have a policy like that. I personally think it's a ridiculous policy and was actually surprised that it exists.

Old 09-18-2018, 08:25 AM

13,713 posts, read 12,439,565 times
It is the Packers, this shouldn't surprise anyone.

And in a state with a fandom that puts newborns on the waiting list for season tickets, its hardly surprising.

I have to wonder if its more about people bringing in a 1 year old that's "going to sit on my lap" than a three month old, and rather than check birth certificates just drew a hard line.

Old 09-18-2018, 10:26 AM

2,039 posts, read 3,280,243 times
I was 2 months old when my folks took me camping for the first time.

Baby formula attracts bears.

My dad lost a hiking boot the first night, throwing them from the tent in an attempt to ward off the bear.

Eventually, the banging together of pots and pans convinced the bear to leave.

At least thats how the story was told to me, I was too young to remember.

Old 09-18-2018, 10:50 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,192,076 times
I took my 3 month old hiking. People either thought I was a super hero or an idiot.

Old 09-18-2018, 11:34 AM

50,816 posts, read 36,501,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katenik View Post
I'm glad you brought this up, as I have been wrestling a bit with this issue.

I have an extra ticket to a concert soon, and I am thinking of inviting my 13-year-old nephew. I saw the same performer (a fairly wholesome country artist) a year ago, and there was no pot-smoking, making out, or anything else untoward occurring in the audience. The venue sells alcohol, but at $13/pint for beer, no one was getting drunk. It's lawn seating, and last year I shared my extra beach towel with a couple of unaccompanied high-school kids who came unprepared for the damp grass, and they did not seem out of place there. Good idea, or not?
13 year olds go to concerts all the time. I don't see what's different between a country artist and Taylor Swift. My last concert was Green Day, and the lead singer asked if any kids played guitar. They brought a 12 year old up on stage, handed him a guitar, and he was amazing, not just playing, but running around the stage, jumping up and really wailing. It was the highlight of the concert!

Old 09-18-2018, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JONOV View Post
It is the Packers, this shouldn't surprise anyone.

And in a state with a fandom that puts newborns on the waiting list for season tickets, its hardly surprising.

I have to wonder if its more about people bringing in a 1 year old that's "going to sit on my lap" than a three month old, and rather than check birth certificates just drew a hard line.
They can't lie about where the child is sitting because every seat is sold out, for the entire season. There simply aren't extra seats they could put the child in, so no need to question it or check birth certificates.

Old 09-18-2018, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
St. Louis was always near the bottom of the league in attendance, it was not like they had every seat filled. This particular game was a sold out rivalry game so there is just not much room. I can see why they would charge the kid that considered.

The mother an idiot? I would not go that far. Questionable judgement to bring a infant to a rivalry game with high emotions in a state known for alcohol abuse? Absolutely.
The I guess mom shouldn't bring the baby anywhere in the state they live in?? I'd think there'd be more drunks in the local bars than in the stands, if beer is $13 for a draft.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting