Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2019, 03:41 AM

10 posts, read 9,907 times

Advertisements

What age did you buy a baby bouncer for your baby? Is it safe for newborns? How to choose a good one? Thanks in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2019, 12:14 PM

1,860 posts, read 1,244,829 times
yes safe for newborns if its is designed for newborns. The Mamaroo 4moms swing bouncer thingy is expensive but its the best one ive seen. and its for newborns.

Old 06-20-2019, 03:11 PM

8,620 posts, read 5,646,935 times
Are you crazy? You don't put newborns in "bouncers."

Old 06-20-2019, 03:24 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,900,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodysbusiness View Post
She is not talking about upright bouncers, but things like this.

Old 06-20-2019, 03:25 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,900,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodysbusiness View Post

When can I use a baby bouncer?-81nv0pnmfkl._sy679_.jpg

When can I use a baby bouncer?-812rrdyjiyl._sx522_.jpg

Old 06-20-2019, 03:27 PM

12,229 posts, read 21,494,931 times
I put my almost 5 month old in hers this past week. She knew how to turn around in a circle right away. She hasn’t “bounced” yet. Baby needs to be able to hold head up well without wobbles, and be sure to read the instructions on how to hang it and what kind of doorway you need.

We have this one which is under $25:

https://www.amazon.com/Evenflo-Exers...er+even&sr=8-4

Old 06-21-2019, 01:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nana053 View Post

Attachment 212069

Attachment 212070
Exactly! Where you can fix the baby easily and safe!

Old 06-21-2019, 11:26 AM

8,590 posts, read 12,336,894 times
If you're asking about the chair type bouncers like those shown above, than I would say once the head is a bit steadier. I know I put my kids in one at a fairly young age with no issues.

If you're asking about bouncy things that they sort of stand up in, 5 or 6 months. They'll be too small before than. I bought my son the first exer saucer that was made. He loved that thing! His 2.5 years older sister was envious. I had my hands full keeping her out of it.

Old 06-25-2019, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moore33 View Post
What age did you buy a baby bouncer for your baby? Is it safe for newborns? How to choose a good one? Thanks in advance
Thank everyone to be a member of this thread! You helped me to make a decision on choosing the best bouncer! After your replies I decided to search for extra info on this issue and realized that bouncers are ok for newborns too. You just have to be careful when choose one to opt the bouncer which fits babies I was wondering if it's safe for small babies and I was told that it's a completely reliable option to make your baby feel cozy lying in it. After reading a wide range of moms' blogs, especially I'd recommend you this one https://www.evababygear.com/best-baby-bouncers/ I made a decision of ordering a bouncer which vibrates and plays music while my princess is having a nap Do you have the same one? Which music your kids like most?)

Old 06-25-2019, 12:19 PM

5,847 posts, read 6,180,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moore33 View Post
Thank everyone to be a member of this thread! You helped me to make a decision on choosing the best bouncer! After your replies I decided to search for extra info on this issue and realized that bouncers are ok for newborns too. You just have to be careful when choose one to opt the bouncer which fits babies I was wondering if it's safe for small babies and I was told that it's a completely reliable option to make your baby feel cozy lying in it. After reading a wide range of moms' blogs, especially I'd recommend you this one https://www.evababygear.com/best-baby-bouncers/ I made a decision of ordering a bouncer which vibrates and plays music while my princess is having a nap Do you have the same one? Which music your kids like most?)
I had bouncers similar to that for both of my kids (now 11 and 8). That thing was the single most important baby/toddler item I've used for my children, ever. I would use it all throughout the day. If we were eating dinner, they were plunked down next to us in the bouncer. If I was in the shower, it was next to me on the floor. If I was folding laundry, it was at my feet etc. There were safety rules I followed- the bouncer was always on the floor, never elevated on a counter or table. They were never carried while in the bouncer (I always carried the bouncer somewhere and then put them in it and, of course, I tried not to ever have them unsupervised while they were in the bouncer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting