Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2022, 06:58 AM

9,875 posts, read 7,757,486 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by papafox View Post
Revisiting my post 18 months later......

All I can say is that I feel VINDICATED that I never had kids, now that inflation is at modern historical levels of 10-15%

Hell......I'd probably consider SELLING my kids in these times if I had them...but thank God I don't have to worry about that.

Honest to god....I'd rather serve 2 years in state prison (at least with non-violent criminals) than have my own kids, still a fraction of 18 years of torture.

Its not just the direct cost of kids, its the lost opportunity costs from being able to work in a career I love that not only pays me well, but ALSO gives me a lot of time off to enjoy my money combine with 300% overtime commonly being handed out to work on a day off.
Just wondering why you chose Papa as your user name if that's something you never want to be...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2022, 07:30 AM

1,137 posts, read 1,100,029 times
Wow. Imagine signing up to an online forum just to proclaim that you’re glad you didn’t have kids.

I might sign up to an internet forum just to proclaim I’m glad I never had to spend 2 years in jail

Old 06-15-2022, 07:36 AM

16,493 posts, read 8,281,655 times
Default re

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraG View Post
Just wondering why you chose Papa as your user name if that's something you never want to be...
haha, good question. Papas usually have not just kids but grandkids too.

Old 06-17-2022, 03:28 PM

2,534 posts, read 1,870,274 times
It seems to be not the right time to have a baby. What I also worry about is the future. When the babies come of age, will there be any decent jobs they can live off or be able to afford shelter with high prices?

Old 06-17-2022, 04:36 PM

16,493 posts, read 8,281,655 times
Default Re

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridarebel View Post
It seems to be not the right time to have a baby. What I also worry about is the future. When the babies come of age, will there be any decent jobs they can live off or be able to afford shelter with high prices?
Only if they’re highly paid it seems.

Old 06-17-2022, 06:44 PM

14,344 posts, read 11,738,230 times
Quote:
Well, one thing's for sure. When a baby born today "comes of age," let's say 21 years from now, the ranks of Boomers will be very greatly thinned out, leaving a lot more room for them.

Old 06-19-2022, 01:14 PM

1,344 posts, read 1,745,675 times
Quote:
Excellent point that is extremely valid and worrisome, especially with automation taking over so many jobs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
Only if they’re highly paid it seems.
I'm afraid so.

Old 06-19-2022, 02:17 PM

17,415 posts, read 16,574,230 times
The baby formula scarcity is really unnerving. Not all mothers can breastfeed their babies and young infants do not do well bouncing around on their formula brands.

It used to be that our country looked out for the innocents.

Old 06-19-2022, 06:47 PM

1,344 posts, read 1,745,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
WTF.

What is the point of this? Ok you hate kids, you see them as a major burden and you're happy you never had them. I can tell you that no matter how hard things get most people NEVER think of selling their kids. Good grief.

I really dont understand what your point is particularly here? You seem to have a lot of anger or something towards people who are parents.

Dose of you own medicine, huh?

There are WAY TOO MANY busybody parents who are nosy AF and always ask CF people why they don't want kids, and then go on to tell them that they'll change their mind someday, and then usually quickly followed by the dumbest question usually soon follows....

"Who will take care of you when you are old"

Why can't parents quit asking CF people when they will have kids, and all the inevitable follow-up Qs?? Seriously.

Do parents ever think that asking such a question might make an infertile person seriously uncomfortable? Luckily that isn't my situation, but its totally inappropriate for parents to be going down such a road.

Did it ever occur to you that maybe.......just maybe CF people get annoyed and sometimes angry w parents because of their relentless pushing of kids on people who want to be CF?

Old 06-20-2022, 08:20 AM

16,080 posts, read 21,181,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by papafox View Post
Did it ever occur to you that maybe.......just maybe CF people get annoyed and sometimes angry w parents because of their relentless pushing of kids on people who want to be CF?
I hope you realize that asking if you plan to have kids is not the same as 'pushing kids' on people.
Sure some people (often your own family) can go overboard with expectations and questions, but there are a whole lot more people who don't give a flying fig about someone's parenting status. For the most part asking if someone has or plans to have kids is small talk, a way to figure out common ground. And it's completely acceptable to answer those questions with a simple 'no' without going into detailed explanations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting