Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How will you react toward your gay or lesbian child?
Outburst of rage, then disown and reject the child. 4 3.54%
Lecture/berate the child about God and ethics and then remain indifferent to his or her needs/opinions/concerns. 2 1.77%
Remain neutral yet you refuse to support any GLBT activities or events. 12 10.62%
Be supportive, empathetic, concerned, and helpful. 95 84.07%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2009, 10:53 PM

1,863 posts, read 4,299,870 times

Advertisements

I would be tickled pink to have a gay son or daughter. I would also be very nervous about their safety against people who would do them harm for who they love.

Old 03-11-2009, 11:21 PM

12,015 posts, read 11,292,857 times
My child would be MY CHILD! I believe that EVERY person is unique - with their own needs, wants, personality, etc. I would love MY CHILD for these most precious reasons, and accept him/her unconditionally. The only thing I have a hard time dealing with is pure hatred and meanness - which I would abhor no matter what sexual inclination ANYONE has, whether it was my child or not. I have seen so much hatred and callous behavior - I simply cannot stand it.

Old 03-11-2009, 11:35 PM

300 posts, read 1,015,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kali's Grandma View Post
Ya know....I finally have to say this....

Why is it, when a gay man/woman comes out of the closet, they expect to be either accepted with open arms or rejected immediately?

Why are the parents/friends/family not given a chance to absorb the information?
When these people have no clue...thinking their child is like everybody else, grandchildren on the way...blah blah blah, This is a major fact to absorb.

Especially in deeply religious families. Or in families that the men thump their chests and say "Me Man?"

I mean come on be fair...ya'll have been dealing with this for years and you expect everybody else to deal with it within minutes?

If you think about it, it's not really just about you unless you choose it to be.
You just NAILED it (nearly). Im glad there are still reasonable people here.
TO the core: I would start 'lecturing' and if it wouldnt help, i'd throw him/her out at the age of 18.

There shouldnt be any kind of absorbing the info, because no-one really wants their kids to grow gay. Its not right, its like a mental disease or something.

I cant believe so many voted "be supportive" blah blah blah. ARE YOU SERIOUS? How liberal can it be. Be conservative, be smart, be religious. Be anything. JUST DONT ACCEPT THE NEW DAWN!
Dont be supportive, it just encourages other kids to do it. Monkey see monkey do.
This is a huge deal people, dont you get it? Plague sweeping over the nation.

HELP US KU KLUX KLAN, Nation of Islam, Mormons, Jehovah witnesses, protestants. What ever. SOMEONE HELP THIS NATION!

Old 03-12-2009, 06:16 AM

756 posts, read 2,219,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinnishAmerican View Post
TO the core: I would start 'lecturing' and if it wouldnt help, i'd throw him/her out at the age of 18.

There shouldnt be any kind of absorbing the info, because no-one really wants their kids to grow gay. Its not right, its like a mental disease or something.

I cant believe so many voted "be supportive" blah blah blah. ARE YOU SERIOUS? How liberal can it be. Be conservative, be smart, be religious. Be anything. JUST DONT ACCEPT THE NEW DAWN!
Dont be supportive, it just encourages other kids to do it. Monkey see monkey do.

HELP US KU KLUX KLAN, Nation of Islam, Mormons, Jehovah witnesses, protestants. What ever. SOMEONE HELP THIS NATION!

Maybe you would be better off not living in this nation......

Yeah, just what we need...more KKK....do us all a favor and move.....

Old 03-12-2009, 07:26 AM

2,016 posts, read 5,206,195 times
Quote:

Thank you, Jerry Falwell. You are either brain-washed or a troll.

Old 03-12-2009, 08:28 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,640,468 times
Quote:

Monkey see monkey do? Really? Because I have absolutely no desire to sleep with another woman. At all. In fact, it grosses me out -- just like sleeping with a man grosses out lesbians. I can't imagine deciding to be gay becuase thats what is 'in'. Ew. I like men, it is hard wired in me to like men. I couldn't change it even if I wanted to. That you think that sexuality can be an either/or proposition makes me think that you could be gay. You should just accept who you are, you will be a much happier person if you do.

Old 03-12-2009, 10:31 AM

300 posts, read 1,015,042 times
It does.
Kids aint like adults. Teenagers wanna try everything and be "unique."

Monkey see, monkey do.
Im right, you know it.

Old 03-12-2009, 10:37 AM

1,636 posts, read 4,229,602 times
Quote:
It does.
Kids aint like adults. Teenagers wanna try everything and be "unique."

Monkey see, monkey do.
Im right, you know it.

What monkey are YOU taking after?

Old 03-12-2009, 10:42 AM

2,027 posts, read 4,209,874 times
Quote:

Lol.

Seriously people, there's no point arguing with this person. Chalk it up to trollishness, have a laugh at his expense, and then move on. Those of us who would support our children can't take this person too seriously.

Old 03-12-2009, 10:42 AM

821 posts, read 2,038,549 times
How about the Gay or Lesibian kid Disowns the parent for being a closed minded, Judgemental, Selfish and obviously unloving parent...

I would not want my child to be gay/lesibian but if one of my children came to me and said that they were I would love them the same way it did before he told me he was gay that does not change who the person is.. I would was be more scared for them I would not want them to have to face people like FINNISHAMERICAN in their lives.

"FinnishAmerican
I cant believe so many voted "be supportive" blah blah blah. ARE YOU SERIOUS? How liberal can it be. Be conservative, be smart, be religious. Be anything. JUST DONT ACCEPT THE NEW DAWN!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting