Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2009, 06:06 PM

2,016 posts, read 5,206,195 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connecticut Pam View Post
Did anyone get to see the babies on the Dr.Phil show? ..healthy for the most part but very small.

Everyone take a deep breath and think about these kids!
RESPONSE:

(1) How do you know that they are "healthy for the most part"? What part? 20%, 30%, what? This has not been ascertained yet. The goal has been to keep them alive thus far.

(2) Yes, let's take a DEEP cleansing breath and think of the thousands of children (and families) in our country who have been left homeless due to loss of jobs and home foreclosures. Today I saw a video online about families in OC, CA who are now homeless due to the family losing jobs and home and now living in motels in CA - Mom, Dad, and 4 children in a 1 bedroom motel room. The family living in the room said that they hope to get into an apartment in a few months as the mom just got a job at a hospital. The video went on to say that as soon as this family leaves the hotel, there is a whole list of others who are waiting to get in.

I can't even believe how people like this, people who have worked their entire life to pay taxes, are responsible for their actions, are getting the shaft, while others like Octo-Mom get rewarded for their ultra-selfish actions.

Do you want to know why people are angry? It's because of stories like this. Things have not been this bad economically since the Great Depression and some people are hurting more than others. Where's the home for the people who have been decimated by the economy? Loss of job? Loss of home? Where are their donations? Hand-outs? (Government and Private)?

Why doesn't Dr. Phil feature 10-20 families on every show and post a toll-Free number so that viewers can donate? I'm beginning to think that the only people who get help are the irrresponsible of America; those who do wrong (both at the corporate level and at the private citizen level).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2009, 08:28 PM

1,986 posts, read 4,067,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connecticut Pam View Post
Bottom line, these babies didn't ask to be born, they are here, they are live human beings and our concentration should be on them now. The babies are all that matters right now. Everyone has so much to say about "octomom" that they tend to forget these 14 children. What should we do with them? Crucify them because their Mom has some odd behaviors? I don't think so.
Why should we do anything with them? They're not ours. We did not negligently bring them into the world with absolutely no plan in place and no home to put them in. Their MOTHER should be the one who DOES SOMETHING WITH THEM, not us.

Quote:
Of course Nadia and family being in this new neighborhood is going to create some problems with the photographers who are a pain to begin with and with newspapers but again, the insanity has to stop so these kids can be taken care of properly.
The photographers are what Suleman wants. She did this for publicity and money. How will she get those great big fat lips on TV and in magazines if there isn't any photographers in the neighborhood?

Quote:
Did anyone get to see the babies on the Dr.Phil show? I did and they are absolutely beautiful...perfect babies...healthy for the most part but very small. If you had seen them perhaps all of this talk about "octomom" would stop. Nadia herself admitted she needs help with all aspects of this whole thing and I think that is the first step towards finding out why she did what she did.

Everyone take a deep breath and think about these kids!
All babies are absolutely beautiful. Let's all take a deep breath and think about all those thousands of kids whose families have lost everything in foreclosures, tornadoes, hurricanes, lost jobs, etc.. Let's think about all those kids who live in the slums of our large cities. Let's think about all those babies born to drug addicts.

Suleman brought those babies (all 14 of them) INTENTIONALLY, KNOWING she couldn't take care of them. ANY family deserves more considerations than she does. SHE NEEDS TO TAKE CARE OF HER KIDS BY HERSELF OR GIVE THEM UP.

Old 03-16-2009, 09:45 PM

1,004 posts, read 2,345,558 times
I feel sorry for these kids.

Old 03-16-2009, 10:12 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,184,631 times
Oh lordy the chick is like a freaking energizer rabbit- she won;t quit. $1000 on makeup??? Good grief, I'm almost 50 & I don't think I have spent that much my ENTIRE life on makeup!!!

Yeah I'd love to see Octomom near the Duggers- I bet ole Michelle, and JIM, could teach her a thing or two about PARENTING. I may not agree with their specific lifestyle, but ya gotta give them kudos .

Old 03-17-2009, 08:58 AM

14,975 posts, read 16,464,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyma View Post
Oh lordy the chick is like a freaking energizer rabbit- she won;t quit. $1000 on makeup???
I wonder what it will be next?

Old 03-17-2009, 09:00 AM

14,975 posts, read 16,464,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bignhfamily View Post
I feel sorry for these kids.
We all do. Think about how much they will dislike their own mother. Even if (and I don't think this is going to happen) the kids are taken away from her and they have no contact with her, they will get older and find out who their mother is. They will learn how they were just little toys in a game to their own mother and that their own mother didn't even view them as human. I couldn't even begin to imagine how terrible that would feel.

Old 03-17-2009, 09:36 AM

1,788 posts, read 4,755,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyma View Post
Oh lordy the chick is like a freaking energizer rabbit- she won;t quit. $1000 on makeup??? Good grief, I'm almost 50 & I don't think I have spent that much my ENTIRE life on makeup!!!

Yeah I'd love to see Octomom near the Duggers- I bet ole Michelle, and JIM, could teach her a thing or two about PARENTING. I may not agree with their specific lifestyle, but ya gotta give them kudos .
Kudos for making their older children lose their childhood raising the younger ones? Kudos that "alone time with mom" is a REWARD and not a given?

No. The Duggars don't get any kudos. Nadya Suleman is crazy. So are the Duggars. It's just two slightly different forms of bat-shyte crazy.

Old 03-17-2009, 10:04 AM

1,462 posts, read 4,868,386 times
Why does it always have to come down to hurting "us" in the pocket..I am not a rich person as probably the majority of you are not and maybe Nadia is two bricks shy of a full load but those kids...my God...they do need people to help them. Gloria Allred has her nose in anything that gets her in the public eye and I think that this is just something else. Dr. Phil has been working with Nadia and there is a group of people already going into this house that Nadia's FATHER bought to childproof it. What I want to know is why hasn't anyone been this brutal on the Druggers who have I believe 18 or 19 kids now? She keeps popping them out one after the other...they have their own tv show...that's ok though, right? Like I said, it is about the BABIES now, not our pockets, your pockets, calling them a litter..whatever...the BABIES.

Old 03-17-2009, 10:09 AM

Again, no one says that money is the only way to help Nadia with these kids. She needs people to physically go into her home and help with feeding, changing, rocking and other things..not money. I wouldn't give her a red cent either but if I lived on the West Coast closer to where she is, I would go in and help with the babies....I wouldn't be able to not go. All kids deserve a chance no matter how they come into this world...blame can't be put on them because they didn't ask to be here but now that they are...time to help and stop criticizing.

Old 03-17-2009, 10:12 AM

Sooooo it is ok for the Druggers to have 18 or 19 kids? It is ok for them to go on tv which is supplementing THEIR income. Is it anyone's opinion that just because the Druggers are married it is ok for them to have 18 kids? Talk about economy and breaking the bank..there is no way the Druggers are taking care of all these kids on their own...do I hear Government help here too? Come on...fair is fair. Didn't the Druggers just build a new home?? Where did that money come from?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting