Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2009, 12:47 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,464,090 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZugZub View Post
I wasn't. I was merely pointing out the fact that everyone saying the Duggars worked for everything they have are mistaken. They did NOT earn everything they have. Much of it was given to them. I never claimed it was given to them by the government, so don't put words in my mouth.
The Duggars are messed up I'll give you that. But, at the same time, at least they are not leeching off the government and committing disability fraud. At least their babies do not cost hundreds of thousands of dollars just to conceive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2009, 01:38 PM

1,986 posts, read 4,067,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
The Duggars are messed up I'll give you that. But, at the same time, at least they are not leeching off the government and committing disability fraud. At least their babies do not cost hundreds of thousands of dollars just to conceive.
I have absolutely no respect for the Duggars. They ARE messed up, you're right.

Suleman is the lowest life possible. Using kids the way she is, is the most revolting thing a person can do.

Remember at the very beginning when news first broke about her? She had stated that she wanted a TV show and 'gave Oprah and Diane Sawyer first chance' of signing her up for one? Her plan was to be a network family advice psychologist (Kind of like Phil McGraw, who, by the way is NOT a licensed psychologist. Nothing he says means anything since he is not really who he claims to be.).

I think people have forgotten that was her original point of having all those kids. She expected the money to roll in and a TV show out of it.

Old 03-17-2009, 01:43 PM

3,842 posts, read 10,513,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZugZub View Post
I wasn't. I was merely pointing out the fact that everyone saying the Duggars worked for everything they have are mistaken. They did NOT earn everything they have. Much of it was given to them. I never claimed it was given to them by the government, so don't put words in my mouth.
Being given things/bartering/whatever the Duggars do within their circle of believers is nothing compared to using federal student loan money & disablity to pay for IVF treatment for the conception of children she has absolutely no way of caring for in any regard; be it financial; emotional; social, etc b/c she has no intention of taking on that responsibilty b/c everyone else has & always will do it for her.

The Duggars use their older children to raise the younger children. That is whole different debate.

The Duggars are not stupid just like Nayda Suleman is not stupid. They are completely aware of what they are doing.

If anything, both parties are getting the last laugh...the Duggars are racking in $$ from TLC based on their very different lifestyle & Nayda Suleman hit up the trash show circuit based on her train wreck lifestyle.

Both have pimped out their children for income. It's how they go about doing it that raises eyebrows. The Duggars come across as extremely "wholesome" whereas Nayda Suleman comes across as someone with a huge chip on her self-righteous shoulders. Had she added some sugar & fakeness to her sarcastic & egotisical comments, she might have already been on her way to a tv show.....just like Kate from Jon & Kate.

Old 03-17-2009, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy night View Post
I have absolutely no respect for the Duggars. They ARE messed up, you're right.

Suleman is the lowest life possible. Using kids the way she is, is the most revolting thing a person can do.

Remember at the very beginning when news first broke about her? She had stated that she wanted a TV show and 'gave Oprah and Diane Sawyer first chance' of signing her up for one? Her plan was to be a network family advice psychologist (Kind of like Phil McGraw, who, by the way is NOT a licensed psychologist. Nothing he says means anything since he is not really who he claims to be.).

I think people have forgotten that was her original point of having all those kids. She expected the money to roll in and a TV show out of it.
The idea of her being a network family advice psychologist is hilarious. I don't think I ever heard that one. I wonder what kind of advice she would give?

And, as I'm sure you know from reading my posts, I fully agree that rolling in the dough was the entire reason she pulled this scheme in the first place. It's sickening and dispicable.

As far as the Duggars, they don't compare to Nadya. Both her and the Duggars have severe issues but I think there's a distinct difference. The Duggars had so many kids mainly for religious reasons. I mean, yes, they've gotten publicity and money. But I don't think that was their main goal. I just think they have very warped and misguided beliefs.

And AT LEAST the Duggars didn't commit disability fraud or use student loans when they weren't students. And AT LEAST the Duggar kids weren't created in a lab.

Old 03-17-2009, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
The idea of her being a network family advice psychologist is hilarious. I don't think I ever heard that one. I wonder what kind of advice she would give?

And, as I'm sure you know from reading my posts, I fully agree that rolling in the dough was the entire reason she pulled this scheme in the first place. It's sickening and dispicable.

As far as the Duggars, they don't compare to Nadya. Both her and the Duggars have severe issues but I think there's a distinct difference. The Duggars had so many kids mainly for religious reasons. I mean, yes, they've gotten publicity and money. But I don't think that was their main goal. I just think they have very warped and misguided beliefs.

And AT LEAST the Duggars didn't commit disability fraud or use student loans when they weren't students. And AT LEAST the Duggar kids weren't created in a lab.
I hear you, and I agree.

Old 03-17-2009, 05:58 PM

1,692 posts, read 3,538,808 times
I'm sick of her and this story. Lets me why don't we all have several kids at once and call Dr. Phil and see if he will help us. Along with other people and while we are waiting lets go to Disney land. Every penny she gets from whatever needs to be taken from her. How is she different from AIG she is taking money from the tax payer from what she did and knew she was doing. Now she sits back with her Jolee lips saying mabe it wasn't a great idea. WEll look what she getting while the rest of us can't get jobs and sure can't take our kids to Disneyland.

Old 03-17-2009, 08:14 PM

I read about her taking her other 6 to Disneyland this morning. Seems she thinks they need some mom time *gag* before the babies get out of the hospital.
14 kids,
hotels,
video games,
$1,000 manicures,
Disneyland,
new house,
welfare,
foodstamps,
disability,
Hmmm, what an odd list.

Old 03-17-2009, 08:25 PM

What? She took them to Disneyland on top of everything else?

Old 03-17-2009, 09:17 PM

396 posts, read 1,035,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLoveLost View Post
Octomom may get new $565K home in California

Prudential Realty listing agent Mike Patel says Ed Doud, Nadya Suleman's father, is the purchaser of the 2,583-square-foot house in the city of La Habra, and the deal is expected to close on Friday.

Octomom may get new $565K home in California | KOMO News - Seattle, Washington | National & World News

How dumb are her parents???? Guess he'll be filing for bankruptcy too soon!

UGH!!!
Alright, I have had it with this topic. Reason being because of the children who are involved. I think for their sake that it is time for people to move on from all of this, and let the situation, and susequntly, the kids be. They are going to have enough to deal with, and they don't need thoughtless people constantly reminding them of what has happened here. They are innocent. In other words, none of this is going to help them. What is done is done, and it will hopefully never happen again.
Do us all a favor and drop this. I am sure you can find someone more deserving to pick on, because at this point and if you continue, you are truly going to hurt them.

Old 03-17-2009, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by old biddie View Post
I am sure you can find someone more deserving to pick on, because at this point and if you continue, you are truly going to hurt them.
Their mother is the one who hurt them. No one else could possibly begin to even remotely compare to her in so far as "hurting" them.

And she is certainly more deserving of being picked on than probably almost anyone else in the country. "Picking on" her is getting old and annoying, I'll give you that. But she deserves ALL of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting