Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2009, 04:38 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,543,680 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm_mary73 View Post
Remember, Georgia is part of the Bible Belt.
I thought about that, but religion being a consideration in custody would be unconstitutional, wouldn't it? If a practice shows to be detrimental to the child, I think they'd address the act itself and not the religious belief behind it. Don't mean to go off topic but I'm curious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2009, 06:11 PM

745 posts, read 1,504,726 times

Old 07-27-2009, 06:48 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,543,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StephM View Post
What's that?

Old 07-27-2009, 06:55 PM

14,785 posts, read 24,080,364 times
It does not sound very good for the father at all I mean he had this really nice home and he would not allow his child to stay with him at all ? Yeah that will look really good to the family court judge hearing this case . It sounds like she does not have a thing to worry about especially since his actions show that he does not really want the child but he instead wants to not be paying child support . I see his game and so will the judge if he is worth a grain of salt. No Judge in the family court was born yesterday and I think they will see what he is trying to do here and I hope he gets his butt chewed out and then some . I think he is an jerk for not letting his child stay with him while she was in btwn apts that is disgusting behavior for a so called father to display . I hope the judge burns him good .

Old 07-27-2009, 07:03 PM
JS1

1,896 posts, read 6,767,525 times
After going through a nasty divorce and custody battle with my ex-wife, I take anything women say with a grain of salt.

My ex-wife can convince anyone who is not capable of critical thinking skills that she is far and away a better parent than I.

The following is my description of the situation and it should be viewed with the same critical thinking skills that should be applied to the OP, that being that one should not believe everything you read. But here goes anyway...

My ex-wife has no job, refuses to look for a job, is $60,000 in debt in credit card bills, refuses to pay them, refuses to even file for bankruptcy (at least to avoid getting sued), won't let our youngest son wear shoes with shoelaces (he's 9 years old!), won't take the children to school every day (they miss 10 to 30 days of school a year because "they're ill" yet they're never ill on the weekend when I visit with them), and won't make the children cut their fingernails or get a haircut.

She is what you would call "white trash" or just "trash" if you prefer.

I would have had a good chance at winning custody but she and her crooked lawyer bumped off the unbiased guardian ad litem and got a biased guardian ad litem to take her place. The biased guardian ad litem, who didn't like me from day one, conspired with my ex-wife's crooked lawyer to cheat me out of custody.

Since then, they have moved to another state (more than six months ago), so once I save up a few bucks for a lawyer, I will again ask for full custody from the new state pursuant to the Uniform Child Custody Jurisdiction and Enforcement Act.

While I'm not accusing the OP's story of being false or biased, I wish that people would understand that there are always two sides to every story, and it sure would be nice if a courtroom would hear both sides fairly.

Old 07-27-2009, 07:24 PM

14,785 posts, read 24,080,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JS1 View Post
After going through a nasty divorce and custody battle with my ex-wife, I take anything women say with a grain of salt.

My ex-wife can convince anyone who is not capable of critical thinking skills that she is far and away a better parent than I.

The following is my description of the situation and it should be viewed with the same critical thinking skills that should be applied to the OP, that being that one should not believe everything you read. But here goes anyway...

My ex-wife has no job, refuses to look for a job, is $60,000 in debt in credit card bills, refuses to pay them, refuses to even file for bankruptcy (at least to avoid getting sued), won't let our youngest son wear shoes with shoelaces (he's 9 years old!), won't take the children to school every day (they miss 10 to 30 days of school a year because "they're ill" yet they're never ill on the weekend when I visit with them), and won't make the children cut their fingernails or get a haircut.

She is what you would call "white trash" or just "trash" if you prefer.

I would have had a good chance at winning custody but she and her crooked lawyer bumped off the unbiased guardian ad litem and got a biased guardian ad litem to take her place. The biased guardian ad litem, who didn't like me from day one, conspired with my ex-wife's crooked lawyer to cheat me out of custody.

Since then, they have moved to another state (more than six months ago), so once I save up a few bucks for a lawyer, I will again ask for full custody from the new state pursuant to the Uniform Child Custody Jurisdiction and Enforcement Act.

While I'm not accusing the OP's story of being false or biased, I wish that people would understand that there are always two sides to every story, and it sure would be nice if a courtroom would hear both sides fairly.
Granted divorces are not nice and you sound like you are wounded so therefore I will take your story with a grain of salt . You sound very bitter . how was her lawyer crooked because he made you pay money for your child ? if the judge believed her and not you then obviously the judge was not capable of critical thinking skills huh ? I know that there are two sides to every story . I just see men being the ones who find it easier to walk away than the moms .

Old 07-27-2009, 08:02 PM
JS1

1,896 posts, read 6,767,525 times
My wife was the one who filed for divorce because she didn't like being forced to live on a budget. She drove me into bankruptcy by spending money we didn't have on our joint credit card.

Yes, I am bitter, no question about that, but I am seeing a psychologist and a psychiatrist because the stress got so bad I couldn't function (didn't sleep properly, didn't shower, didn't eat three meals a day, wore dirty clothes instead of doing the laundry, etc.)

My children are failing school, overweight, no friends, never go outside, play video games almost around the clock, yet it's "my fault" for everything under the sun.

Her lawyer was crooked because he purposely did something unethical against the first guardian ad litem just to force her to recuse herself from the trial because now she has a conflict of interest against one of the two lawyers. My ex-wife didn't even pay her share of the GAL fees.

The second GAL turned in her written report 19 days late (state law says it must be submitted 20 days prior to the hearing; she waited until the last day) and the court didn't give a ****. The written report said that my house didn't have any children's toys or clothes. That's because I put them away in the drawers like any civilized person! The report noted that the mother's home was a little messy but poo-pooed it as being a result of her home being smaller. Yeah that's not biased. No big deal that she left the children's bicycles outside to rust away while mine were stored inside where they belong.

The GAL also wrote in her report that I abandoned the children while we were visiting with their grandfather. Reality is that I had to drive to Starbucks to use their internet for 20 minutes (connect to my employer's server to grab a couple gigabytes of data) so that I could work. If I don't work I don't get a paycheck and then she gets no child support.

Why is it that it's OK for the mother to watch TV all day instead of work, but when I work while I'm on "vacation" it's a "bad thing"?

I don't expect anyone to believe me; I'm used to it. But it does feel better for me to get this off my chest simply by writing this. Thanks for reading.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting