Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2009, 07:42 PM

3,387 posts, read 6,628,924 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
My point is - vagina never goes back to its original state after so many kids, even though it's "muscles". That's all...

Speak for yourself, mine was tighter after my DD than before I lost my virginity.

Those muscles are like any other ones, if you use them and excersise them, they stay in good shape, if not; you get the "bulldog eating mayo while throwing hotdogs down hallways" look.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2009, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 121804 View Post
The article has some misconception as it said that hospitals & insurance companies do not allow VBACs, which is incorrect. VBACs are allowed, most insurance companies will pay for them as long as proper verificiation has been completed.
I agree.

I had a successful VBAC and the insurance covered all of it, with no issues, in fact they readily agreed to cover it, apparently a vaginal birth is cheaper than surgery.

Of course they had to do plenty of med record checks, and a few extra tests and an extra ultrasound (to check the uterus incision), but it was no problem.

Old 12-17-2009, 08:28 PM

3,422 posts, read 10,905,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cav Scout wife View Post
"bulldog eating mayo while throwing hotdogs down hallways" look.
I have never heard this one and am trying really hard to picture what you are describing!

I have heard "like waving a pencil around".

Old 12-17-2009, 08:36 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,139,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisdol View Post
I have never heard this one and am trying really hard to picture what you are describing!

I've heard "effing" a mayonnaise jar. LOL

20yrsinBranson

Old 12-17-2009, 09:53 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,176,449 times
Quote:

funny... I'm trying really hard NOT to picture it.

Old 12-18-2009, 05:01 AM

4,469 posts, read 7,196,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 121804 View Post
Supposedly they do have the choice as they have stated as have their parents. The concern is their ability to handle the "secular" world & what comes along w/ it due to their extreme religious upbringing (being modest, no dancing, etc)

I really do enjoy the family but do wonder about their daughters being let go...it is one thing to say they can go off to college or become a lawyer...it is another to give them the confidence & encouragement to do so.

I think we all know that they truly want the daughters to get married and start popping out babies 9 months later.

Again, I am a fan of the show, but some things that are not said on the show are pretty evident.
Additionally, there's college and then there's college. It's not a big expansion to attend, say, Bob Jones or Harding. If suddenly Jinger got an itch to attend Smith or Berkeley or SCAD or NYU, that would rock her world.

Last edited by Aconite; 12-18-2009 at 05:10 AM..

Old 12-18-2009, 05:07 AM

4,469 posts, read 7,196,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaSideBay View Post
My point exactly.
I think too many people try to slam this family because they do not share their religious views. I think a lot of people try to justify there distaste for the family by nit-picking at every aspect of their lives; trying to find fault and point out minuscule things as being "poisonous" to their children's lives.
I don't share their religious viewpoint. That much is correct. OTOH, if they were similarly isolated ands had the same family structure and were Pagan or Muslim or Catholic, I'd still think they were creepy.
I do, however, homeschool. And I think their kids are wrapped in cotton wool. You don't have to live in isolation to be a homeschooler-- though if you want to isolate your children, absent a small religious academy nearby you probably have to homeschool.

Old 12-18-2009, 08:11 AM

3,842 posts, read 10,513,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aconite View Post
Additionally, there's college and then there's college. It's not a big expansion to attend, say, Bob Jones or Harding. If suddenly Jinger got an itch to attend Smith or Berkeley or SCAD or NYU, that would rock her world.
There is an extreme control in that home based on concerns of the secular world. I guess "I" am of the mindset that you raise your kids w/ wings & let them fly. If they fall & get hurt, you are there to watch them stand up, skake themselves off, and try again.

The girls come across as very kind, smart, and pretty confident. I would just hope they have the ability to live w/o their husband monitoring their ovulation cycle. And of all the girls, Jinger is the one who looks like to wants to run and not stop until she is far away. There are clips of her looking bored out of her mind and rolling her eyes. It's great.

But, as I've said before, what "we" think & what this particular family believes and lives everyday...it doesn't matter.

I am just glad I had the chance to test the waters a little. Ironically, the older I get, the more conservative I get

Old 12-18-2009, 11:34 AM

Quote:

You ever seen the jowls on a true bulldog,and how out of shape and floppy they are? Picture those covered in mayo, then go from there, lol...

Old 12-18-2009, 12:01 PM

3,422 posts, read 10,905,303 times
You know how you can't un-see some things? I am now trying really hard to un-think this image!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting