Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2009, 12:06 PM

1,196 posts, read 2,937,769 times

Advertisements

What happens to this family when their 15 minutes is up? Who foots the bill then?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2009, 12:15 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,496,212 times
Let's see...they are totally debt free, wear used clothing, don't send their kids to college...not to mention, I doubt they are spending up a storm with the money they get from TLC....I really doubt money will be an issue......

Old 09-03-2009, 12:22 PM

4,264 posts, read 9,289,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cool rob View Post
What happens to this family when their 15 minutes is up? Who foots the bill then?
Since they had alot of kids before they ever had a TLC show and seemed to be doing fine I doubt if it will matter much when their time in the spotlight ends. Being debt free goes along way in helping with expenses.

Old 09-03-2009, 06:23 PM

4,550 posts, read 11,709,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
Your saying I am stupid because I say I can judge??

Maybe your not familiar with the christian bible, its says they are not supposed to judge, well some people actually believe that and say things like "its not for us to judge", well it is for me. Sorry that logic escapes you.
Please go into more detail. Your logic totally escapes me

Old 09-03-2009, 06:37 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,467,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
as long as you are ok being judged the same way...
Absolutely. Of course it goes both ways. I can't say that it really has any impact on my life, I am still going to do what I think is best.

Old 09-03-2009, 06:39 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,467,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Let's see...they are totally debt free, wear used clothing, don't send their kids to college...not to mention, I doubt they are spending up a storm with the money they get from TLC....I really doubt money will be an issue......
The fact they don't send their kids to college is how they manage to keep them stupid and brainwashed. That is why these children will probably grow up and be just like their parents. Because they don't know any better. The girls will never realize there are other ways to live, they don't have to be breed mares, they can have jobs and independent lives.

Old 09-03-2009, 06:45 PM

3,842 posts, read 10,522,511 times
Quote:
The fact they don't send their kids to college is how they manage to keep them stupid and brainwashed. That is why these children will probably grow up and be just like their parents. Because they don't know any better. The girls will never realize there are other ways to live, they don't have to be breed mares, they can have jobs and independent lives.
Maybe their children are happy and content...how would YOU know if they are not just b/c they don't go off to college. Tons of kids don't go off to college...thus, are they stupid & brainwashed?

And your incredible bigotry towards them makes you no better in the raising of your child who you are brainwashing & making stupid by forcing your ideas down that child's throat due to your own fears & insecurities.

Maybe they are quite content. None of us know if they are or are not...so calling them stupid just shows that you are the actual one with issues...again, just another one of your extreme postings on the horrible artocities of the male race.

Old 09-03-2009, 07:01 PM

4,550 posts, read 11,709,584 times
Quote:
Lindsey my darling you seem very annoyed that these people are so happy and I wonder why that is? I am totally thinking you are clearly jealous!!! Just let them be happy and settle down...it is ok for a family to be different from you yet happy. Being miserable is not the only option you know

Old 09-03-2009, 07:15 PM

4,264 posts, read 9,289,428 times
Quote:

So if one doesn't go to college they are stupid? I guarantee that attitude will irritate alot of people. Sorry college doesn't equal intelligence anymore than no college equals stupidity.

Old 09-04-2009, 04:37 PM

577 posts, read 2,063,305 times
Quote:
I know their situation can seem strange and confining, but many people in the US live pretty simple lives and are quite happy with it, even when presented with different options and lifestyles. A few years ago I would have agreed that this was bizarre and unfair to the children but as I've been exposed to different lifestyles it makes more sense. Not for MY life, mind you, but for them if it works, great.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting