Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2012, 04:30 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,462,628 times

Advertisements

To clarify:

FAFSA is merely the form you fill out to see if financial aid is available. Not the aid itself. You don't "qualify" for FAFSA.

Free Application for Federal Student Aid

Once the form is submitted, you may or may not qualify for financial aid. Financial Aid includes student loans, which may be subsidized or unsubsidized depending on family income.

Sorry, that was irritating. Back to the discussion at hand.

Old 05-26-2012, 09:35 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,706,825 times
I just deleted nearly 30 posts in a row that had nothing to do with the OP's problem. Enough with the hijacking and picking fights ... back to the topic, please.

Old 05-26-2012, 10:25 AM

6,190 posts, read 7,973,967 times
There really isn't anything left to say though.
This horse has been beat and now the flies have come in.

It's plain and simple, she's 18 year old, she legally an adult. She didn't like the rules so she left and then everyone tried to manipulate her into going back to where she had to follow rules she didn't want to follow and everyone had an issue with her not wanting to follow those rules. While her priorities may not have been the best she's still an adult and has the legal right to make those decisions now.

The solution is simple. Wait.
One day she'll change, maybe. Who knows.
In the mean time all anyone can do is stay supportive.

Most importantly if you WANT your adult child to stay at home during college the best way to accomplish that is to not make it miserable for them to do so.

Old 05-26-2012, 01:18 PM
pll

1,112 posts, read 2,486,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
I just deleted nearly 30 posts in a row that had nothing to do with the OP's problem. Enough with the hijacking and picking fights ... back to the topic, please.
Any one know where sc068 went? That goodness you regained control of this thread. I dropped off about 40 comments ago..

Old 05-26-2012, 03:04 PM
pll

1,112 posts, read 2,486,880 times
"thank"

Old 05-29-2012, 02:29 PM

103 posts, read 250,728 times
I wanted to give an update on my daughter. I got a call today from her counselor at school and she said that she will NOT be graduating and will NOT walk the stage at graduation. She made 67 in a class for the semester because she just wanted to blow off her Senior year. She barley passed anything at all. This was the class we got into an argument about when she left the house. It was all because she was supposed to go and take the test and instead she was off with this guy she is living with now skipping class. Her teacher said that there was nothing that she could do because the system was locked. Today is the last day of school so it is final. I called her and let her know what was told to me about her not graduating and she did not know that she failed. She was surprised and I was pissed because this is exactly what I told her not to do. She knows best though right? I swear I am getting beyond exhausted at how stupid this generation is. The sad thing is that all her drug buddies managed to pass and are graduating. So what does she do? She turns her phone off so she can get her smoke and drink on. She doesn't care. We paid for a cap and gown, invitations etc. for nothing. The consequence is what we will suffer not seeing our daughter walk and she will happily ignore us and smoke her life away. I was trying to talk with her and she was at a after school party. That is all she cares about. She is such a brat. Nothing left to do. I am tired of being disrespected by her. She gets on facebook and the guys mom talks as if my daughter is her daughter. So if she cares so much about her why didn't she push her to graduate. The system is jacked. Just because you are 18 does not mean you are ready to take on the world. So over it!

Old 05-29-2012, 02:33 PM

6,497 posts, read 11,816,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sc0628 View Post
Just because you are 18 does not mean you are ready to take on the world. So over it!
So sorry about that. Now it's time for her to deal with the consequences.

So, what do you plan to do with her room?

Old 05-29-2012, 02:37 PM

1,298 posts, read 2,239,142 times
does she have a car? who pays for it? If my 18 year was to leave, period, planned or not...the car stays. ( unless it's to college, she drops out, or fails, car comes home.) she moves out, she moves out...it's going to happen, sorry it was on bad terms...best to stick to your guns...

Old 05-29-2012, 02:55 PM

We are renting so we have our whole house pretty much boxed up.&nbsp; We will be moving to a different city.&nbsp; I am thinking of changing my cell phone number as well.&nbsp; She has my facebook if she really needs to get a hold of me and she knows how to get a hold of her aunt.&nbsp; I think it is time for her to learn what a consequence is.&nbsp; Her teacher said for some reason she acts like things are going to magically going to work itself out.&nbsp; This is what her dad and I have been trying to tell her.&nbsp; She has a Disney idea of life.&nbsp; It will all work out in the end.&nbsp; Sometimes it does and with her dad and I in the picture it seems to have been that way because we have always been her safety net.&nbsp; Not anymore though.<br>

Old 05-29-2012, 03:15 PM

She has no license, no car now no diploma and couldn't pass a drug test to save her life right now.&nbsp; She is pretty much dependent on the guy she is with.&nbsp; Probably what he wants since he can get her to do whatever he wants.&nbsp; She is an idiot and out of her freaking mind right now.&nbsp; She is throwing her life away and could care less.&nbsp; She says she is seizing the moment, but really she is just smoking it away.&nbsp; She is unable to deal with reality so she is self medicating.&nbsp; We can turn all of this around, but she will have to come home for us to get her back on track.&nbsp; She needs counseling and possibly drug rehab.&nbsp; I say that because her behavior is very addict driven. She does not seem to have any self control.&nbsp; Pot is not that bad, but when you are smoking 24/7 then there is a problem.&nbsp; She needs to get help.&nbsp; She has to want it though.&nbsp; I can't want it for her.&nbsp; Sigh...&nbsp; Praying<br>
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting