Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2010, 09:01 AM

4,507 posts, read 9,077,495 times

Advertisements

DH-Medium Brown
Me-Blue
DS-Dark Brown
DD-Hazel (started out red head with smokey blue eyes, ended up blond with hazel eyes).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2010, 09:28 AM

2,467 posts, read 4,869,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
Do you think it's possible that they just appear less vivid because the rest of your coloring isn't as stark of a contrast to the eyes anymore? What I'm saying is that skin and hair color become less vivid and washed out. Often blue eyes look more vivid on a dark haired person----or someone with very pale skin and hair. These are the people who have the winter or spring coloring. As they age, their hair often isn't as dark because it becomes grey or they dye it lighter to cover the grey. Their coloring isn't as sharp and becomes more a summer fall coloring because hair and skin color become muted.
It might be possible. It could also be possible that I'm so used to seeing my eye color when I look in the mirror that they don't stand out to me like they used to. I do know that I haven't lightened my hair in any way and thankfully there isn't any grey yet. So my hair color is pretty much the same color it was 25 years ago. (I did dye my hair lighter once back then, but I let it grow out shortly afterwards.) My skin color might be a bit darker now than it was back when. I know I definately have more of that dark circling around my eyes then I once did.

Whatever the reason is, I just know that my eyes don't look as vivid as they once did.

Old 02-01-2010, 10:38 AM

2,540 posts, read 6,240,925 times
My dd's eye color was also very dark as a newborn. My dh has dark brown eyes and I have hazel eyes. Dd has beautiful blue eyes.

Old 02-02-2010, 09:37 AM

895 posts, read 4,254,257 times
DH - blue
ME - Brown (my dad had brown eyes but my mom has blue)

DD1 - blue
DD2- blue
DD3 - one green, one brownish-blue
DD4 - Blue

Old 01-22-2014, 05:03 PM

1 posts, read 1,685 times
I have green eyes. My mother had brown and father has blue. My kids have green eyes. Their dad has brown eyes. I don't know of any other relative beyond my one brother with green eyes. My other 2 brothers have brown eyes.

Old 01-22-2014, 05:27 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,785,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justagirl2 View Post
I have green eyes. My mother had brown and father has blue. My kids have green eyes. Their dad has brown eyes. I don't know of any other relative beyond my one brother with green eyes. My other 2 brothers have brown eyes.
True green eyes are unusual and are usually due to mutations of the OCA gene, this would explain why so many people people in your family have it. In all likelihood if you are of northern European decent it was a mutation carried by your mother, since blue eyed people rarely care that mutation without expressing it.

Old 01-22-2014, 05:38 PM

22,680 posts, read 47,882,510 times
I have green eyes... everyone else in the family has brown, including both parents.
I am also the only one without dark brown hair.

Old 01-22-2014, 09:58 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,252,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
I have green eyes... everyone else in the family has brown, including both parents.
I am also the only one without dark brown hair.
I have green eyes too. Three of my siblings have brown and one has hazel. My mother had brown. My father had very pale blue, like water. I was the only blonde child. My father was a blonde. Everyone else had/has brown hair.

Old 01-22-2014, 10:40 PM

5,413 posts, read 6,725,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mainer61 View Post
In my family there are blue eyes and hazel eyes. In my husband's family, everyone has blue or green eyes. Our daughter had blue /gray eyes. She is 21 now with green eyes...and they are beautiful.

Both my parents are blue eyed blonds....I was born with dark hair and dark brown eyes....my hair turned blonde and my eyes turned blue.

Last edited by Jaded; 01-24-2014 at 12:42 AM..

Old 01-23-2014, 03:43 AM

6,418 posts, read 7,271,881 times
I have blue eyes, father of my child has green eyes, she ended up with blue eyes - she is very Finnish looking with blue eyes and blond hair! (but her hair will turn dark when she gets older, late teens or so, exact same thing happened to me and her father)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting