Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2010, 05:44 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,318,510 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Childfree35 View Post
It's funny how some moms think, because it's precious to you. It has to be precious to me. If your baby is hungry, then get your azz up and use the restroom.

I've been around women and talking and visiting. All of a sudden her breast pops out. No warning no nothing! Just the breast and the baby. wtf.

Maybe you should take YOUR azz to the bathroom if you feel it's such a great place to eat!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2010, 05:50 PM

Some more for NoExcuses:

Thailand:

Zimbabwe:

Old 04-08-2010, 05:50 PM

2,652 posts, read 4,799,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by formercalifornian View Post
If you want to be treated with consideration and respect, you might start by learning how to treat others accordingly. Telling someone to "get your azz to the bathroom" is rude, especially for someone who must certainly be aware of a breastfed baby's need to nurse on a regular basis. After all, if you're visiting, these women must be your friends. Is this typically the way you treat your friends? Next time you find yourself in this position, I suggest that you take the opportunity to excuse yourself politely from the visit.

I'm beginning to think that people on both sides of this issue lack basic decorum and civility.
I didn't and don't say anything. I try to stay clear of this type of crap. Babies nurse what every couple of hours. So, what's the reason for the nursing rooms in some restaurants/malls?

Friends, yes. I said, damn can I turn first. She laughed and said, oops, excuse me. Or, laughed and said, damn you've seen a breast before. Yeah, I have. But, not yours, heffa.

Old 04-08-2010, 05:51 PM

Quote:
I didn't and don't say anything. I try to stay clear of this type of crap. Babies nurse what every couple of hours. So, what's the reason for the nursing rooms in some restaurants/malls?

Friends, yes. I said, damn can I turn first. She laughed and said, oops, excuse me. Or, laughed and said, damn you've seen a breast before. Yeah, I have. But, not yours, heffa.

Heffa? Your feelings towards women and children are just....glowing....aren't they?

puke

Old 04-08-2010, 05:57 PM

2,652 posts, read 4,799,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Heffa? Your feelings towards women and children are just....glowing....aren't they?

puke
Yes, they are. I love my friends and their children

Because the moo-thers say it's so. Doesn't make it so.

Old 04-08-2010, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Yes, they are. I love my friends and their children

Because the moo-thers say it's so. Doesn't make it so.

Doesn't make WHAT so? You are making ZERO sense. And your little dig against mothers just adds to your sterling reputation.

Old 04-08-2010, 06:41 PM

2,719 posts, read 5,360,634 times
You can't discount something because it's outside of your experience. I have most definitely seen firsthand women who make a very big production about breast feeding in public. They will sit on a bench in the mall and overtly dramatize setting themselves up to breast feed. You can just tell that they are doing this for show and they look around constantly to see if people are watching them.

I think people like that have issues of their own and desire attention of some kind. Maybe they think by doing this people are going to look at them and think, "Oh, look at that wonderful mother..." Maybe they are exhibitionists and get some satisfaction out of making people uncomfortable (whether that discomfort is legit or not). I really don't know what the reason is but I have seen it many times in malls, in parks, and on public transportation.

I think most breast feeding moms exercise discretion but there definitely are those who make a big production out of it in order to get attention.

Old 04-08-2010, 06:46 PM

50,382 posts, read 64,021,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Wrong. In many countries, nursing women are naked from the waist up.
This is not Africa.

Old 04-08-2010, 06:49 PM

20,797 posts, read 9,746,160 times
cleasach and that is all most of us were saying before this thread got out of hand...well said.

Old 04-08-2010, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
This is not Africa.

::looking around:: OMG! You're right! It's not!

Pretty sad that the supposed "leader of the free world" can't realize what a supposed "third world" country does - that BFing is a-ok and should be encouraged and not hidden!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting