Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2011, 07:18 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,869,570 times

Advertisements

Sandusky needs to be put into protective custody for his sake, for the sake of his victims who are probably afraid he will try to intimidate them in person, for the sake of finding how far this nest of inequity has spread, for the sake of any parent who has a child and might put that child into a similar situation--learn from these mistakes!

And of course any serial pedophile is a classic narcicisst and psychotic personality--
there is no real empathy there and great skill at creating two different personas
He is like the Russian dolls with one inside the other---
Sandusky has multiple personable personas that he shows to the world at large and even his family but the people who only see the real inner Sandusky fall into two categories--his victims, especially the ones with him the longest, and other pedophiles...
And if you think Jerry Sandusky does not know other pedophiles--think again...
Like to like or "cada oveja con su pareja" as the Mexican proverb goes--"every sheep with its pair"

I guarantee you there are photos, emails---some type of paper trail that will show Sandusky is a true serial child abuser--
unless the investigation went on so long that he managed to shred all that physical evidence---
my understanding is that most offenders like this want trophies of their victims--photos, physical items--that they can connect to if the prey is not available...
I know there are photos of him with these boys taken at Second Mile events and used for advertising the program--
Imagine how that made him feel if it was used in newspaper story or advertising outreach for donations and he KNEW that two of the boys in the photo were his "boys", his victims....
that is pretty powerful drug...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2011, 12:15 AM

5,589 posts, read 8,405,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKrab View Post
I don't. I think he is psychopathic. I am not a psychology major, but he seems to fit the bill. For instance he was caught at PSU by a couple different people but still had the nerve to go back to the Latch building everyday and keep his office there as nothing ever happened. Before he was caught he was giving a speech about protecting children with his foundation! Then his interview on Monday night. I really think he is a sick creepy man, and usually they don't feel what they did is wrong or feel guilt or remorse even if the whole world despises them.

I think that is going to be his defense. Hence why his attorney let him do that interview on Monday.
I thought I was gonna throw up the way he answered Costas' question about whether he was s*xually attracted to young boys. What normal man would not immediately and vehemently deny that? He is sick, and I don't mean that in a "needs help" kind of way. But I can see his M.O. -- he tries to make it sound like it's just silly "jock" stuff, and anyone who would read anything more into it must be the crazy one.

Old 11-20-2011, 09:35 AM

that defense won't fly--
he KNEW what he was going was wrong--(which is why he kept it hidded) vs someone who is criminally insane and does not know right fro wrong--

I know that Sandusky's interview with Costas seems to ring all the bells in the world and announce his pedophile status--
but I also remember the case in Australia when a baby was stolen out of her family's tent when they were camping--the mother swore a dingo (wild dog) did it....but there was lack of evidence to support her story...the mother did herself no good with the media because she refused to cry in public to show her loss...
the media crucified her and she was eventually put on trial for killing her baby--convicted and later released 4 yrs later when an important piece of her daughter's clothing was found outside a dingo lair
Trial by media - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Lindy Chamberlain-Creighton - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The point is that the media's "image" of her as someone capable of killing her own infant daughter was significant and the fact that the Crown government suppresssed evidence that would have moderated that point of view in the eyes of the jury...

There are plenty of child molesters who vehemently deny their guilt at every opportunity--
so while I was not impressed at Sandusky's responses--
WE did not see his facial expressions along with the verbal response--
I find that facial/body gestures usually offer more insight into the accuracy of the words being used...
I have seen other video interviews in past with Sandusky where he is asked questions that in hindsight have some borderline connection to child abuse--and he will fail to maintain eye-contact, look away from the interviewer--
I think those are much more telling about what he is actually thinking at that time--
and would be more likely to suggest guilty knowledge/behavior...

I think it was very telling that while Sandusky was immediately available to make that interview call with Costas he was not at the studio to make a personal interview--
I think his lawyer was smart in having him do that off-camera...
in person I think it would have been more revealing of his guilty nature...

Old 11-21-2011, 10:42 PM

1,237 posts, read 1,948,979 times
He's gonna clip himself. Mark my words, I tell ya...Mark my words.

Old 11-22-2011, 07:23 AM

I don't want that to happen--and probably anyone who was a victim directly or their families want that--
Sandusky needs to be crucified in court and see himself exposed for the rapist he is--
that would be the best punishment he could face
and one way for healing to start

the prosecution needs to get some psychological insight into what a pedophile would be doing in situation like Sandusky is facing and frankly with a new judge on the case I would hope they would seek an adjustment of the first bail hearing--
get him into protective custody

Old 11-22-2011, 09:06 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,821,616 times
In yet another story embarrassing to Pennsylvania, a Sandusky victim forced to leave school because he was bullied over being a person to bring this scandal public. Wonder where these kids learned that behavior from? Some pi$$-poor parenting, in my opinion...

"...the alleged victim who, according to reports, was blamed for the firing of longtime Penn State football coach Joe Paterno..."

Parents who elevate football to the status of religion, and teach kids that sports come before academics and other priorities, plus teaching disrespect of people who are different and have differing opinions breeds this kind of behavior.

Alleged Sandusky Victim Bullied, Leaves School - WNEP (http://www.wnep.com/wnep-alleged-sandusky-victim-bullied-leaves-school-20111121,0,4362200.story - broken link)

Old 11-22-2011, 10:29 AM

Apparently Paterno came out with a media blip about no hazing but think that is less than convincing--
the school needs to set severe penalty--but frankly (and I am very sorry for that brave young man) it was pretty unrealistic to think he could make those accusations and NOT get backlash for doing so...

I don't condone it--but anyone who knows football in PA (or any other football frenzied state) should be able to anticipate being ostracized for something of this magnitude--
I mean watch "All the Right Moves" and see what happens to Tom Cruise's character for telling the coach HE was the one who screwed up in that last game...and that was just a podunk high school...

partly this is also poor education about the nature of pedophelia abuse--some people think the kids are borderline "homo" anyway so they might have encouraged that abuse...
again -- not condoning that attitude--but I have read comments and know that some stupid perceptions are out there

Old 11-22-2011, 11:21 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,821,616 times
...and not to mention where this high school is located is a fairly out-of-the-way redneck locale...I'm sure tolerance is not something that is preached by the majority of parents around there.

Old 11-22-2011, 02:23 PM

786 posts, read 1,593,699 times
As time marches forward, more and more is coming out as I personally suspected it would. It goes much further than Sanduskey, Paterno, McCreary, the school president, etc. I suspect it will end up in the Pennsylvania Supreme court and involve the state police and the PA judicial system, yes, a state cover-up. I'm sorry to say that's how bad this may become. Football is a cult in PA for many and throughout the US, men are known to get depressed at the end of football season, it's a fact, not my suspicion. Football is huge at Penn State and it does color the entire state and the university when something of this magnitude is occuring over a period of 15 years. Football brings in millions of dollars every year to many big universities across the country and money can be very powerful in ignoring injustices. I think it's a chance for us all to take pause, and think about what kind of society are we becoming when so many look the other way when something so horrific is occurring. We don't want to get involved anymore, fearful that we will be harmed in some way, it's called narcicism, looking out for #1, screw everybody else, nothing else matters. Well, this is what happens and don't think it's only at Penn State, it's all over and has been for decades. I'm so sorry that so many boys had their lives ruined by being raped, molested, and betrayed. To answer your question, I personally AM embarassed by this situation because there are many sitting around hoping they don't get caught up in this scandal to save their own asses, because they knew what was going on and did nothing. Board of trustees is going to get nailed and it won't stop there. Just wait and see. When it's all said and done, it will be a state scandal, far beyond Penn State University.

Old 11-22-2011, 04:11 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,972,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Yuk View Post
In yet another story embarrassing to Pennsylvania, a Sandusky victim forced to leave school because he was bullied over being a person to bring this scandal public. Wonder where these kids learned that behavior from? Some pi$$-poor parenting, in my opinion...

"...the alleged victim who, according to reports, was blamed for the firing of longtime Penn State football coach Joe Paterno..."

Parents who elevate football to the status of religion, and teach kids that sports come before academics and other priorities, plus teaching disrespect of people who are different and have differing opinions breeds this kind of behavior.

Alleged Sandusky Victim Bullied, Leaves School - WNEP (http://www.wnep.com/wnep-alleged-sandusky-victim-bullied-leaves-school-20111121,0,4362200.story - broken link)
This is, to me, not just a matter of football fanatics. This is how important it is to get the money that football brings into that area of the state. This kid was bullied for reporting a crime against him. The school obviously has misplaced priorities and so does the community that supports that school. I am totally disgusted that this brave student was forced out of his school for doing the right thing. What is wrong with our society?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania