Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2006, 01:42 AM

330 posts, read 1,976,923 times

Advertisements

I agree with lititz , who cares about that insane creep, dont give him any news time, focus on the family that lost these children. I dont even know what to say myself, its just sickening and sad. Criminals should have zero rights, i know this fool is dead and thats great, but get ready this coutry is heading in the wrong direction, dont blame the president its much deeper then that. We are in some bad times.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2006, 08:10 AM

2,091 posts, read 9,048,239 times
Im from Oregon, and we've been hearing all about this horrific tragedy. Its beyond heartbreaking and sickening, there just arent words to describe this. To happen to children. Children who have been brought up w/non-violence and peace, I cant get the images out of my head either.
I hope the families of the girls, as well as the shooters innocent family, somehow know they have the prayers of a nation.
- IMO, this senseless massacure is about as bad as it gets. sigh.
I may have never been there, but my thoughts, prayers and heart are in Pennsylvania right now.
Tiffany

Old 10-03-2006, 11:52 AM

1,793 posts, read 3,350,727 times
Another two have died in the hospital, bringing the total to 5 minus the gunman. At least he did the families a favor by not putting them through a long, drawn-out trial with competency hearings, insanity pleas, blah, blah, blah. I just can't imagine how that community feels; its inclination to mistrust the "outside" must have just moved up more than a few notches.

Old 10-03-2006, 12:42 PM

1,330 posts, read 5,094,483 times
I hope he burns..

I am shocked that any of those little ones are still alive. GSW and young kids are not a good combo. Keeping our fingers crossed here that the rest pull through.

Old 10-03-2006, 10:14 PM

5,701 posts, read 24,161,036 times
This is a time to pray and take initiatives to prevent this atrocity from taken place in our country.

Old 10-04-2006, 08:47 AM

13 posts, read 74,011 times
Lancaster is such a beautiful and peaceful place. I don't live too far from there. I can't believe something this tragic would happen there, or anywhere for that matter. I guess it just goes to show that no one is safe anywhere anymore. It makes me really sick. My heart goes out to all the families.

Old 10-04-2006, 09:03 AM

1,118 posts, read 4,758,007 times
I'm carrying this over from the "Amish" thread, as there are two of these on the same topic:
I saw on our local Philadelphia news that there is a fund set up for people to donate money to help the families with funeral expenses for the girls. Thought I'd post it here in case anyone might want to donate:
[CENTER]
The Nickel Mines School Victims Fund
care of HomeTowne Heritage Bank
P-O Box 337
Strasburg, Pennsylvania, 17579
[/CENTER]

Old 10-04-2006, 10:36 AM

1,742 posts, read 4,342,858 times
Thanks adream, for posting the information about the fund to help the families of the shooting. Everyone in this county is thinking about the tragedy. There are few smiles and little laughter, no matter where you go. I can't tell you how often I've pasted buggies on the road and have seen the children riding in those buggies laughing and waving to passing cars, and I wonder if the victims of the shooting could be the same children I've seen riding in those buggies, or even pictured on the postcards that I've sent to relatives from here. It sickens me knowing that the violence of our world has polluted the peaceful world of the Amish.

Old 10-04-2006, 12:18 PM

991 posts, read 4,618,488 times
I have visited Lancaster so many times in the past years. I love this area, as I love most of Pa. I cannot imagine the grief these people are feeling right now. I will pray for this community always. I can only say that what is wrong with this world now?

Old 10-04-2006, 12:38 PM

1,118 posts, read 4,758,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lititzman2003 View Post
Thanks adream, for posting the information about the fund to help the families of the shooting. Everyone in this county is thinking about the tragedy. There are few smiles and little laughter, no matter where you go. I can't tell you how often I've pasted buggies on the road and have seen the children riding in those buggies laughing and waving to passing cars, and I wonder if the victims of the shooting could be the same children I've seen riding in those buggies, or even pictured on the postcards that I've sent to relatives from here. It sickens me knowing that the violence of our world has polluted the peaceful world of the Amish.
We lived in the Philly area for many years - well, DH was born and raised in PA - we traveled to the Lancaster area many, many times. (Actually, we got our Golden Retriever in Lititz.)

We stick to the tourist areas, and not venture too far off the main roads into the Amish farmstead areas out of respect for their privacy. We always felt that their way of life was commercialized enough, we didn't want to intrude further.

It is incomprehensible to me that anyone would hurt ANY child, but to murder the sweet children of these peaceful people...

Then on top of it to see an Amish man interviewed in last night's news saying that they will forgive. "This is what we do, this is who we are, there is no other way." Did anyone else see that interview on the Philadelphia newscast? It touched me to the deepest level of my soul. The Amish people truly have a lesson to teach the entire world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania