Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2014, 05:33 PM

15,145 posts, read 27,800,655 times

Advertisements

I might have missed it but didn't notice mention of Yuengling.

My husband would add: cup cheese (YUCK) - and he loves his sweet Lebanon bologna (someone did mention that), also: shoofly pie and some kind of peanut butter rolls w/peanut butter frosting (forget what they are called). He's from Lebanon PA originally, I'm from Pgh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2014, 06:10 PM

4,277 posts, read 11,793,315 times
Chef Boyardee Chef Boyardee Statue Unveiled in Milton | WNEP.com

Old 02-12-2014, 04:01 AM

3,863 posts, read 6,298,999 times
ki0eh, love that story! I heard years ago that he was indeed a real chef. Been eating that stuff since I was a kid--who hasn't? I still indulge sometimes. Thanks!

Old 02-12-2014, 08:08 PM

1,271 posts, read 2,594,670 times
Plenty of memories, but since I don't live in PA anymore I only get a taste of it when I visit and gain a few pounds by the time I leave lol!

Wixon's Shoo Fly Pie
Frozen Run Black Bear Mountain Birch Beer
Seltzer's Sweet Lebanon Bologna
Potato Chip Brands: Middleswarth, Goods Homestyle, Martin's, Utz, Bickels, Hartley's (use to come packed in wax paper bags)
Pretzels, Wege of Hanover Broken Pretzels, Tom Sturgis, Snyders
Pardoe's Perky Peanuts
Ice Cream: Hershey's, Weis, Turkey Hill
Frozen Custard and Carmel Corn at Knoebels
Apple Dumplings
Roadarmel's Chicken in Elysburg, PA
Potato Cakes and Polish/Ukrainian Ethinic Food in the Coal Regions, much of this has disappeared sadly.
Poppyseed rolls, kielbalsa

Lost my taste for Tastycake, the just don't taste the same to me as they did years ago.

PA Dutch dishes, that is ones that I have not seen at restaurants in PA for years, Schnitz Un Knepp, PA Dutch Style Chicken Pot Pie with the noodles, not the pie crust, PA Dutch Style Chicken and Waffles, Corn and Apple Fritters, Apple Butter, Scrapple, never had much love for Chow Chow, Sous and Head Cheese.

Speaking Yuengling, they are bringing back their Ice Cream, I don't think I ever had it but they got out of business in 1985.

Yuengling's Ice Cream, PA | Yuengling Dairy | Pennsylvania Creamery

Old 02-13-2014, 10:54 AM

I've not had the chance to try this Yuengling's Ice Cream. Hope to find some in the future.

So blauskies, you've listed some of my favorite things above! I'll have to put some chicken and waffles on the menu now -- hope you're happy.

Old 02-13-2014, 02:41 PM

Has anyone tried DelGrosso's pasta and pizza sauces? The family also runs a small amusement park in Tipton, PA.

Old 02-13-2014, 05:53 PM

15,145 posts, read 27,800,655 times
How could I forget Billy Boy Pizza? (I know they aren't that great, but for some reason I always have to buy kits when I get back for a visit)

Old 02-17-2014, 10:30 AM

28,917 posts, read 30,284,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo13 View Post
I might have missed it but didn't notice mention of Yuengling.

My husband would add: cup cheese (YUCK) - and he loves his sweet Lebanon bologna (someone did mention that), also: shoofly pie and some kind of peanut butter rolls w/peanut butter frosting (forget what they are called). He's from Lebanon PA originally, I'm from Pgh.

Old 02-17-2014, 10:34 AM

28,917 posts, read 30,284,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blauskies View Post
Plenty of memories, but since I don't live in PA anymore I only get a taste of it when I visit and gain a few pounds by the time I leave lol!

Wixon's Shoo Fly Pie
Frozen Run Black Bear Mountain Birch Beer
Seltzer's Sweet Lebanon Bologna
Potato Chip Brands: Middleswarth, Goods Homestyle, Martin's, Utz, Bickels, Hartley's (use to come packed in wax paper bags)
Pretzels, Wege of Hanover Broken Pretzels, Tom Sturgis, Snyders
Pardoe's Perky Peanuts
Ice Cream: Hershey's, Weis, Turkey Hill
Frozen Custard and Carmel Corn at Knoebels
Apple Dumplings
Roadarmel's Chicken in Elysburg, PA
Potato Cakes and Polish/Ukrainian Ethinic Food in the Coal Regions, much of this has disappeared sadly.
Poppyseed rolls, kielbalsa

Lost my taste for Tastycake, the just don't taste the same to me as they did years ago.

PA Dutch dishes, that is ones that I have not seen at restaurants in PA for years, Schnitz Un Knepp, PA Dutch Style Chicken Pot Pie with the noodles, not the pie crust, PA Dutch Style Chicken and Waffles, Corn and Apple Fritters, Apple Butter, Scrapple, never had much love for Chow Chow, Sous and Head Cheese.

Speaking Yuengling, they are bringing back their Ice Cream, I don't think I ever had it but they got out of business in 1985.

Yuengling's Ice Cream, PA | Yuengling Dairy | Pennsylvania Creamery
I make the pot pie with home made noodles all the time, never had chicken and waffels, as it never seemed to appeal to me? Love, love, love, chicken croquettes. And yes, regarding Tastycakes, not much tastes the same any longer....I don't know if our palates change, or they've cut back on igrediants or both?

Nice trip down memory lane in your post, thank you.

Old 02-19-2014, 05:27 PM

153 posts, read 309,305 times
K'NEX Toys: made in pennsylvania in an eco-sensitive factory.
Coolest toys around and still very relevant.

K'NEX - The World's Most Creative Construction and Building Toys.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania