Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2016, 05:42 AM

9 posts, read 15,265 times

Advertisements

*sigh*

Yes thats a sigh a relief.

Finally moving out of Philadelphia after 35+ years.

Took a while to sell our house...but it was worth the wait.

Now dont get me wrong...not all of those years were bad....but...a good portion of them werent enjoyable. at all.

My parents will still be living in Philly so that gives me the "only" reason to visit. Otherwise id stay away permanently.

No this isnt a Philly bashing thread....im sure there are many of those.

Anyway we are moving to the Amity gardens area....nice house, good chunk of land....quiet....

Biggest thing is quiet...and more quiet.

Did I say quiet?

Just wanted to say hello to all my soon to be Berks county neighbors. I promise to leave behind whatever bad habits I picked up while living in the city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2016, 05:47 AM

24,421 posts, read 23,084,509 times
I can't rate most of Berks highly enough, although Reading itself doesn't lend itself to very high praise. Welcome to the keystone county of the keystone state.

Old 03-23-2016, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
I can't rate most of Berks highly enough, although Reading itself doesn't lend itself to very high praise. Welcome to the keystone county of the keystone state.
Thank you!

Old 03-28-2016, 11:15 PM

429 posts, read 719,976 times
Welcome to Berks. Get involved in community events and you'll feel more like a local quicker. Amity Gardens has more new-to-the-area residents than some small towns, so you'll fit in fine.

If you like to hike and you like the quiet, may I recommend hiking to the top of Monocacy Hill just outside the Gardens. You feel like you're on top of the world. You can see for miles in every direction. Most Sundays they have guided hikes on various topics and I highly recommend the Wildflower Walks on April 10th & 17th at 1:30. So much beauty that gets overlooked! (Oh, the hikes are free. Info at monocacyhill.org.)

I don't envy a long commute, but I understand what you're looking for. In a year or so the 422 bypass should be upgraded and the cattle chutes will be but a bad dream. But for now.... grrrr.

Anyway, welcome, neighbor.

Old 03-30-2016, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanie Beanie View Post
Welcome to Berks. Get involved in community events and you'll feel more like a local quicker. Amity Gardens has more new-to-the-area residents than some small towns, so you'll fit in fine.

If you like to hike and you like the quiet, may I recommend hiking to the top of Monocacy Hill just outside the Gardens. You feel like you're on top of the world. You can see for miles in every direction. Most Sundays they have guided hikes on various topics and I highly recommend the Wildflower Walks on April 10th & 17th at 1:30. So much beauty that gets overlooked! (Oh, the hikes are free. Info at monocacyhill.org.)

I don't envy a long commute, but I understand what you're looking for. In a year or so the 422 bypass should be upgraded and the cattle chutes will be but a bad dream. But for now.... grrrr.

Anyway, welcome, neighbor.
Thanks for the welcome!

The long commute shouldnt be an issue at 430am (I hope).... My hours are extremely flexible and during bad weather I can easily work form home

I showed my wife some photos shot from Monocacy Hill and she loved it! We are both outdoor types...camping, geocaching etc....so it sounds perfect!

Im just looking forward to the quiet and the lack of congestion.....I know it will take a little to get used to.

Old 03-31-2016, 08:52 PM

4,927 posts, read 14,221,706 times
I was just up in Berks + Schuylkill Counties this past week.

I started breaking out in hives as I got further away from King of Prussia.

Last edited by rainrock; 03-31-2016 at 09:56 PM..

Old 03-31-2016, 09:05 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,886,422 times
You will love it! It's great.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania