Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2007, 02:22 PM

4,343 posts, read 14,778,572 times

Advertisements

Can someone please tell me how big the Sovereign Center is? How many seats? Is it more like a theatre or arena? How is traffic in that area? Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2007, 08:43 AM

24,415 posts, read 23,070,474 times
I think it can seat like 8 or 10 thousand, not sure. It does get alot of big name acts and they play hockey in it and even arena football. There is plenty of parking nearby and a few good places to eat but traffic can get bad if the show is during rush hour. Along the major highways, 422 and 222 you'll find plenty of restaurants. Go about a mile west into West Reading and you'll find the Vanity Fair outlets plus many shops along Penn Street. The Wyomissing/ Berkshire Mall area has lots of shopping and restaurants as well as hotels.

Old 03-05-2007, 12:50 PM

Thanks for the information

Old 03-06-2007, 07:29 AM

4,416 posts, read 9,141,500 times
It's a gold mine in an otherwise bad area. On 5th st just down from the arena there is a good bar/restaurant called the Ugly Oyster. I know the owner. I really knew him well when the place opened in 91 and I had been working in a Marketing Office down the rd. I had been traveling to various towns in PA and sometimes other states. I stopped in to say hi ia few years ago. He was happy to see me and the place has really become fairly upscale. He started as a typical neighborhood bar but worked hard to improve the image and clientele.

Old 03-08-2007, 04:50 AM

OK, now I need to know if you go to a concert there and have general admission (floor) seating, how crazy is it down there? I'm going to a rock show and I want good seats but I don't want to be in the middle of a pitt. They have tix available for general admission so I'm considering buying them instead of seats off to the side. What would you suggest? I've never been there before and don't know what to expect.

Old 10-11-2008, 08:51 PM

6 posts, read 30,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
Can someone please tell me how big the Sovereign Center is? How many seats? Is it more like a theatre or arena? How is traffic in that area? Thanks.
If you are still trying to find information out about this, here is the information you requested:

Size: I would say that it is about 1/4 mile x 1/5 mile in all.
Seats: 7083 seats, not counting the "box seats" or "executive seating"
Theatre or Arena: both, they change it. i have witnessed this happen. Its kinda cool actually.
Traffic: if the smileys dont sum it up this will
You exit the parking lot and think this isnt so bad......you go on...youre thinking oh my god this is worst then i thought...you go on more...you start crying cause you cant get out of the f^%#en city.

Hope this helped

Now the second question down further
all i am going to say is: HELMET. ok?ok

Mind me asking who you are seeing. By any chance is it Meatloaf? if it is... I wish you all the luck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania