Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Pensacola
 [Register]
Pensacola Escambia County, Santa Rosa County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2015, 01:58 PM

6 posts, read 12,164 times

Advertisements

Is the area around the country club or "old barrancas" probably not a good area for a young family? Would you suggest cordova park over this area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2015, 08:23 AM

6 posts, read 12,164 times
I am looking at a house at 4125 Lynn Ora Drive. This area is east of the airport, just south of Langley. Can you tell me anything about this area?

Old 01-22-2015, 03:48 PM

672 posts, read 811,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucyreh View Post
Is the area around the country club or "old barrancas" probably not a good area for a young family? Would you suggest cordova park over this area?
Just anecdotal and over ten years old.

Visiting with a group of friends about ten years ago, One friend walked from Navy Blvd to the house we were staying at near the country club. Probably going to spell this wrong, He walked down old corry field road (don't know if that's correct) to barrancas and was jumped and mugged by about eight teens that came from some projects nearby. About a block from barrancas. The officer told him he was very unwise to be walking in the area at night. Even with a friend he wouldn't recommend it.

So with that little information from someone who doesn't live there, I would say ten years ago I wouldn't want to raise a family in that area. I had a very bad impression.

Old 01-21-2020, 12:40 AM

2 posts, read 2,025 times
Just in case anyone needs an update, the 32514 area near Scenic Hills Country Club is a busy and great area to live. A lot of beautiful new construction going on, near grocery stores, banks, restaurants, shopping, hospital, University of West Florida, other schools, perfect locations. Apartments, condos/townhomes, patio homes, and houses! Also, older dwellings for sale because of the new construction and growth. Sales in that area are up because it is a desirable place to live. (There are also some less than nice places interspersed in the area near Hwy. 29, so you have to be selective.) From there toward Pace and around Scenic Hwy, some of the most expensive and beautiful places in town, until you get to the Olive Rd/Johnson Rd area. They are still there, but there are other areas that are not as desirable. I have lived here since the 60s. It is a wonderful place to live. As most others have said, even in older posts, northeast is the way to go. Santa Rosa County, if you have children. The main difference I have noticed over the years is the population and traffic growth, which is good!

Old 01-21-2020, 12:47 AM

2 posts, read 2,025 times
In response to DHULT, there are two "country club" in Pensacola. One is near the Naval Air Station and Warrington; it is The Pensacola Country Club. The other one, in the northeast part of the county, near the University of West Florida and Santa Rosa County, is Scenic Hills County Club. I didn't want anyone to get the impression that one could walk from Navy Point to the country club I referenced!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Pensacola