Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Pensacola
 [Register]
Pensacola Escambia County, Santa Rosa County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-01-2017, 07:10 PM

1 posts, read 1,664 times

Advertisements

I just returned to the Albany, NY area from Pensacola Beach. I was already thinking of moving south to Charleston, SC, but fell in love with Pensacola Beach. Granted, I can't afford to live there. People suggest Gulf Breeze, but I can't afford to live there either. There are few listings for Gulf Breeze on Aparments.com or Zillow.com. So I am looking anywhere near route 110 so I have a straight shot into Pensacola Beach, but I am concerned about the crime and don't know the areas. I have written down the list of towns to avoid from the one poster.

I can't move right this minute. In a month I should get word about a financial situation, then I have to sell my home, which should go fast, and then I can move. Right now I don't want to pay more than $750 for a 1BR apartment. I have saved Chapins Landing (prob too expensive), Ashley Club, Cordova Regency, Jamestown Estates, Sandalwood and Ember Ridge to my desktop to check in the future.

Could someone from the Pensacola area help me? Are these good places to live?

Thank you so much from another person wanting desperately to get out of another Albany!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2017, 05:18 PM

123 posts, read 332,571 times
It's a bit hard to judge where exactly you would want to live based on your posting but I don't think you would want to live near I-110 as that area is older and may not satisfy some of your requirements. I would suggest that you take a look at Apartments.com https://www.apartments.com/apartments/pensacola-fl/ to narrow down your search based on what you perceive as your geographic needs in conjunction with your housing needs and your financial abilities. The nice thing about Apartments.com is that it shows you where the apartments are on a map and you may find this beneficial if your dead set on staying close to I-110. I would suggest that you take a look at US-90 (aka Scenic Highway) that runs along the bay as you can turn on 17th AV and it will take you directly to the bay bridge that you will need to cross to get to the beach. Another area to look at would be north in the area of University Parkway as this is where a lot of apartments exist that are rented by University of West Florida students. The reality is that Pensacola is pretty easy to navigate around in you can easily jump on I-110 from Davis Highway or you can take Scenic Highway to 17th Av to get to the beach. Sorry I can't help you on the question of crime as I live the Pace/Milton area and I don't consider it a hardship to drive 40 minutes to the beach.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Pensacola