Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Pensacola
 [Register]
Pensacola Escambia County, Santa Rosa County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2019, 07:16 AM

1,599 posts, read 1,429,361 times

Advertisements

CVS is airlifting in a supply of meds to the ranters

Please take your pills
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2019, 09:55 PM

10,743 posts, read 13,375,951 times
Moved here from Atlanta. Love it!

Old 08-30-2019, 08:40 AM

2 posts, read 2,135 times
I moved to a town just outside of Pensacola 2 years ago and couldn’t agree more with you. This part of Florida just seems “backwards”. There is a lot of drugs, everyone you meet has a family member who has OD’d multiple times on heroin, all of my neighbors have a family member in prison, the whole town feels like I’m in the 70’s or 80’s. Some bills you can’t pay online or over the phone, just cash in person or a paper check snail mailed. The bank I’m with here, you can’t even make deposits at the ATM!
The people are very territorial about their land, god forbid your tree branch drops a leaf on their lawn, guns are drawn! And all they talk about is their property lines.
Being from the north,I’m not used to having neighbors so close, and will definitely consider moving to at least a 10 acre parcel sooner rather than later. As a medical professional, the pay here is very bad, and jobs are scarce.
People here have NO sense of humor. Definitely like moving to another planet!!!

Old 08-30-2019, 09:25 AM

251 posts, read 260,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sickoflife View Post
I moved to a town just outside of Pensacola 2 years ago and couldn’t agree more with you. This part of Florida just seems “backwards”. There is a lot of drugs, everyone you meet has a family member who has OD’d multiple times on heroin, all of my neighbors have a family member in prison, the whole town feels like I’m in the 70’s or 80’s. Some bills you can’t pay online or over the phone, just cash in person or a paper check snail mailed. The bank I’m with here, you can’t even make deposits at the ATM!
The people are very territorial about their land, god forbid your tree branch drops a leaf on their lawn, guns are drawn! And all they talk about is their property lines.
Being from the north,I’m not used to having neighbors so close, and will definitely consider moving to at least a 10 acre parcel sooner rather than later. As a medical professional, the pay here is very bad, and jobs are scarce.
I'm just going to throw this out there, but I feel like you're either lying or you moved to Venezuela by accident. I live in the area as well. I haven't paid cash or check for a bill in YEARS. Every bank I've seen has mobile deposits and ATM deposits. The heroin problems are everywhere including Florida. I'd suggest if you hate it that much you move back north.

Old 08-30-2019, 02:22 PM

1,717 posts, read 1,982,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexia1997 View Post
I'm very familiar with the Pensacola/Eglin/Niceville area. I've also visited the outer banks and lived in NC in the military.

My advice is don't move. It's a different world, kind of like stepping back in time. Think of the movies Doc Hollywood and My cousin Vinnie non-stop, but for real life, twenty four hours a day.

I know of a few soldiers who have been harassed by the locals and local police for being minorities. There are areas of Pensacola/Niceville/okaloosa and escambia county that unless you have lily white skin and speak the unintelligible southern drawl then you avoid unless you want your corpse found swinging from a tree the next morning. All my military colleagues place the children in the few private schools available due to the abysmal school system here. Every single one of them.

And amazingly the local city and county governments don't seem to want business or military to bring people here as it would upset their apple cart of the good old boy deep south redneck white trash world, ran by their deep south redneck white skinned KKK police and their white skinned judges that protect them. I personally know of other members who have told their command either approve their transfer out of here or they will leave the army.

On the other hand the beaches are beautiful.

Okaloosa County Sheriff Charlie Morris Behind Bars

Walton County replaces Confederate Battle flag with Original

Plane flying Confederate flag buzzes city

2 ex-prison guards in KKK sentenced for plot to kill black inmate
I never saw anything like this when I lived down there.

Old 09-01-2019, 10:58 AM

10,743 posts, read 13,375,951 times
Wow. A few of you really to move to another location. I've been here for about 6 months now and find the people of the area to be friendly, warm and helpful. I have seen no overt racism. The area does lean decisively right - a lot of boats fly Trump 2020 flags. However, I'm very much a liberal and have not felt uncomfortable. If you take time to explore the area and meet folks, I think you will like it very much.

Old 09-20-2019, 03:35 PM

10,147 posts, read 15,036,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sickoflife View Post
Not sure where you're from in the Northeast, but maybe your moniker name says it best … you wouldn't be happy anywhere. I am retired from the northern NYC suburbs, and have family in various parts of Florida. For me, Pensacola and the North Gulf Coast in general is absolutely awesome. One thing I especially like is, unlike the east coast of Florida, I don't feel like I'm stuck in Brooklyn when I'm in P'Cola, and although at my age I don't hang out at beaches very much, my kids and grandchildren assure me that the northern Gulf Coast beaches are the world's best.

Old 09-21-2019, 05:49 AM

18,949 posts, read 43,571,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTMountaineer View Post
Not sure where you're from in the Northeast, but maybe your moniker name says it best … you wouldn't be happy anywhere. I am retired from the northern NYC suburbs, and have family in various parts of Florida. For me, Pensacola and the North Gulf Coast in general is absolutely awesome. One thing I especially like is, unlike the east coast of Florida, I don't feel like I'm stuck in Brooklyn when I'm in P'Cola, and although at my age I don't hang out at beaches very much, my kids and grandchildren assure me that the northern Gulf Coast beaches are the world's best.
The sad thing is people read posts like that and actually believe it! Guns drawn if leaves fall in your neighbor’s yard? Puhleeze!

I pay all of my bills online, so maybe that person needs to find a new bank. And no, I don’t have a family member that has “OD’d multiple times on heroine”.

Old 09-23-2019, 04:12 AM

42 posts, read 55,870 times
To the anti White Racist above.
I've live in Pensacola for 15 years.
From the segregated Mid west.
I have worked, lived and my white kids have minority spouses. There is tons of work here for everyone
We have a huge Gay population too.
Most of the shooting crimes, are black on black drug stuff. As in all cities.
YOU ARE A HORRIBLE PERSON TO GENERALIZE.
Funny. I saw an old white dude helping a young black chick change a tire on I-10 yesterday. A group a white military boys helping an old black couple push their car from the road last week. When I shop at Belk sometimes I'm the only white. Delightful Bell employees. Are you picking up what I'm setting down?
We don't put up with homeless camps or give away free needles like Freeattle, we are good. You are a brainwashed, BIGOT.
Beautiful beaches. Work everywhere. America has a job surplus of 7 million. So GFY..

Old 09-23-2019, 04:28 AM

42 posts, read 55,870 times
To the " liberal " above.
Just curios on what Democratic ideas you are OK with? I consider myself responsible, I could care less who does what just leave me alone government.
Don't kill live baby's. Don't take my gun. I won't pay for your transition surgery Immigrants must be legal, ect. #KAG
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Pensacola