Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Pensacola
 [Register]
Pensacola Escambia County, Santa Rosa County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2020, 02:41 PM

18 posts, read 25,523 times

Advertisements

I can't believe this is even a question, but my husband and I are considering moving to Pensacola, but am a bit daunted by what we are reading about mask wearing. Does Pensacola have a group of people who believe scientists? While we enjoy a diversity of perspective, we don't want to be the only ones who believe that climate change is real and that science matters. We do not mind if our neighbors fly a Trump flag, but we don't want to be the only ones without one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2020, 06:54 AM

2,558 posts, read 2,902,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWHATL View Post
I can't believe this is even a question, but my husband and I are considering moving to Pensacola, but am a bit daunted by what we are reading about mask wearing. Does Pensacola have a group of people who believe scientists? While we enjoy a diversity of perspective, we don't want to be the only ones who believe that climate change is real and that science matters. We do not mind if our neighbors fly a Trump flag, but we don't want to be the only ones without one.
Just a question, with those concerns, why would you want to move to Pensacola?

Old 10-12-2020, 09:37 AM

18 posts, read 25,523 times
Humm - because it is pretty and charming and we have work there...

Old 10-12-2020, 11:24 AM

2,558 posts, read 2,902,918 times
Quote:

Wondering if you are so concerning about the people there. I have lived all over including off shore. I have found if one minds their own business, keeps opinions to themselves, you will fit in anywhere.

Old 10-13-2020, 06:59 AM

2,752 posts, read 2,584,614 times
Quote:

Doubt you will find anyone who doesn't believe the climate is changing, it has since the beginning of time. How much "man" influences it is another story. Like everything else politics has infected what is called science today. Money and power can blur the lines where needed. I believe most people want the same things deep down, concentrate on that and you will be fine.

Old 10-13-2020, 01:01 PM

4,958 posts, read 2,236,377 times
Quote:
We are just a "pretty and charming" group of diseased, Trump-lovin', science deniers.

Old 10-14-2020, 03:28 AM

10,744 posts, read 13,382,247 times
Quote:
I live about 30 minutes from Pensacola proper. Yes, you see Trump flags all over the place. But, no one has criticized me when I wear my "Joe" hat or t-shirt. Yes, you see some folks not wearing masks, but most do. You won't be the only ones in the area that trusts science and ignores this administration's folly. You'll be fine.

Old 10-14-2020, 07:58 AM

13,258 posts, read 22,833,444 times
A few weeks back, I actually did see the living stereotype of the Trump anti-science weirdo who was screaming at the employee at the Best But in Destin responsible for mask enforcement about how coronavirus was a scam and masks didn't do anything.

I miss the days when the area was heavier on Air Force research scientists and lighter on the Mike Huckabee crowd that lacks all sense and reason.

Old 10-14-2020, 08:16 AM

13,615 posts, read 7,927,714 times
It's truly amazing to me what passes for "science" these days.

The same crowd claiming that a boy can be a girl are telling us that mask wearing is "believing science".

Old 10-14-2020, 08:23 AM

4,022 posts, read 1,875,920 times
Right - I believe science. But it's hard to find it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Pensacola