Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2013, 10:10 AM

41 posts, read 51,140 times

Advertisements

Did you get those names off the military association website? I sent messages to everyone that was listed on that website that had any association with taegu korea around those years. but so far no messages back
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2013, 10:25 AM

14,477 posts, read 20,652,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessicalynn927 View Post
Did you get those names off the military association website? I sent messages to everyone that was listed on that website that had any association with taegu korea around those years. but so far no messages back
military dot com
Unit Roster
188TH MILITARY POLICE COMPANY
14 names were listed.....Adam 88-89, Cummings 89-90, Smith 85-86.
The other 11 names were before 1985 or after 1990.

Old 01-17-2013, 10:27 AM

ok ill go to the website right now thank you

Old 01-18-2013, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessicalynn927 View Post
Thanks for your continued help ill check out those spellings as well. the reason I put that smiley face in the comment was because it was looking up at ur commet with a smile I didnt mean no disrespect by it
Alvarado

Albarado

Old 01-18-2013, 09:19 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,049,575 times
These might be some possible leads.

Alec Oliverio, Morgantown, WV

A. Olivero, Clarksburg, WV

Angel Marie Alvera, Martinsburg, WV (could be relative if spelled that way.)

Even if those aren't associated him, let me tell you about West Virginia. I'm in Pittsburgh, less than an hour away from the WV boarder. My mother was from WV. One thing about WV, everyone knows everyone and everyone is related to everyone. It's not a very populated state. Even if you find someone in one city, they could know him if he lives in a different city or even out of state or in another country. So, I recommend finding some forums for West Virginia where you might be able to post his picture. I will email the picture to my very distant cousin (I'm related to him in some family tree that only makes sense to him). He knows everyone down there.

Old 01-19-2013, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post

Alec Oliverio, Morgantown, WV
A. Olivero, Clarksburg, WV
Angel Marie Alvera, Martinsburg, WV

let me tell you about West Virginia. My mother was from WV. One thing about WV, everyone knows everyone and everyone is related to everyone. So, I recommend finding some forums for West Virginia where you might be able to post his picture.
Many times it is easier to find someone that knows the person, that to find the person themselves.
Why look for the one person, when you can look for the 50+ people that might know them?

West Va. is a great "look for me" state if every knows everybody.
In many states nobody knows anybody.

Old 01-19-2013, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by howard555 View Post
Many times it is easier to find someone that knows the person, that to find the person themselves.
Why look for the one person, when you can look for the 50+ people that might know them?

West Va. is a great "look for me" state if every knows everybody.
In many states nobody knows anybody.
I'm not exaggerating. I've got a story for you. A friend of mine invited me to go on business trip to a client's home in WV. When we pulled off the interstate, I said, "I wouldn't be surprised if I'm relate to this guy." We weren't even going to a town were most of my relatives lived. When we arrived, my friend introduced us, saying that my mother was from WV. When he asked who my mother was and told him, he immediately knew my place in a complicated family tree that made sense to him. My mother hadn't lived in WV since 1950 when she married my father and moved away. Turns out he is a distant cousin. In WV, they keep track of families like that. Then he tells me I just missed big wedding----two cousins got married. I almost died from embarrassment, understanding completely why my mother always specified that we were "lace curtain" Irish.

If the OP's father lives in WV or grew up in WV, you could drive down there and find him in a few days tops. If you can't find him, he never was in WV. If I decide I'm bored enough, I might do just that someday.

In the meantime, let's find some forums.

http://forums.bowsite.com/tf/regiona...s.cfm?state=wv

WV Sportsman

WEST VIRGINIA - Prison Talk

WV Motorsports

WV-Music.com

Shannondale & Beyond Forums

West Virginia

West Virginia Genealogy Forum

WVSports.com - Message Boards

WVAngler.com Message Board

Old 01-19-2013, 07:41 PM

I'm not fully sold on her father being Hispanic. WV's Hispanic population is very small. But we can't discount it just in case he is. The fact the Hispanic population is small will be in the OP's advantage if he is Hispanic.

Here's a map showing the WV counties with the highest Hispanic population.

West Virginia Hispanic or Latino Origin Population Percentage by County

Here's a list showing the Hispanic population of WV cities.

Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitor sites is not allowed

Last edited by Yac; 01-23-2013 at 06:56 AM..

Old 01-19-2013, 07:49 PM

8,630 posts, read 9,137,436 times
He looks Italian. Arrivella is the last name of a friend of mine. Sounds somewhat similar to...Olivera.

Old 01-19-2013, 08:17 PM

Ok so super exciting news, can you guys please tell me what you think. I got a message on facebook from this guy that was stationed with my dad and they had unit year books and he said he was going to look though this yearbook and message me back and he sent me a picture from his yearbook say he thinks this is my dad so im going to post the picture and can you guys please tell me if you think its the same person the pic in the yearbook the guy has a hat on and hes looking straight at the camera and the pic i have he doesnt have a hat. Hes says its Alexander Ferguson

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search