Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2013, 08:11 PM

14,251 posts, read 14,750,142 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManofBethesda View Post
I was going to reply to your first anti-government snide remark but decided it wasn't worth the effort even if you were uninformed.

Now that you've done it a second time, I decided it was time to point out to you that the issue isn't with the government, it is with Comerica Bank. Comerica operates the Direct Express program.

You anti-government types typically don't want government employees running government programs, so they get contracted out to the private sector; but then lo and behold, your wonderful private-sector company screws you over. Evern though you're dealing with a private sector business and its private sector employees, you still want to blame the government for your problems.

Typical.

Then again, the entire problem began when you somehow locked yourself out of your own account.
Well said.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2013, 11:46 AM

15,129 posts, read 32,335,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy52 View Post
Many people don't have a bank account and can't get one.

Surprised so many of you were unaware of that fact .
This is true. My ex next door neighbors didn't trust banks at all. She still receives a paper check in the mail for her deceased husband's retirement benefits, and cashes it at a liquor store.

Old 11-06-2013, 12:00 PM

3,433 posts, read 5,748,382 times
Quote:
I was going to reply to your first anti-government snide remark but decided it wasn't worth the effort even if you were uninformed.

Now that you've done it a second time, I decided it was time to point out to you that the issue isn't with the government, it is with Comerica Bank. Comerica operates the Direct Express program.

You anti-government types typically don't want government employees running government programs, so they get contracted out to the private sector; but then lo and behold, your wonderful private-sector company screws you over. Evern though you're dealing with a private sector business and its private sector employees, you still want to blame the government for your problems.

Typical.

Then again, the entire problem began when you somehow locked yourself out of your own account.

--------" the issue isn't with the govt ".......

Since the implementation of signing up for Obamacare ....also......got " contracted out "............the govt bears no responsibility for the fiasco ?

I wish we had a president who would say..........."the buck stops here"......instead of one who says..........." I was unaware"..............."not my fault"............"
I didn't know"............everytime there is a screw up with something .

Barack Hussein Obama is no FDR and certainly no Harry Truman, either.

Old 11-06-2013, 12:01 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,676,249 times
I'm amazed at how few people know how government contracts work. Having worked in Contract Ad for over 20 years, covering everything from printed circuit boards to missiles to crypto, believe me I know every i is dotted, every t is crossed, every bridge is crossed when it comes to adhering to what the government wants.

When a company enters into a contract with the government, the government sets the rules and is in control.

I thought everybody knew that. Obviously, I was wrong.

I'm just glad I'm not one of "them". It sure is amusing to watch people make fools of themselves, though. The assumptions are hilarious!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
So you missed the OP bitching about the government being at fault when the business he was dealing with was not a government agency? Then he ended up complaining about Obamacare? I'm missing the connection between a lost password, blaming an agency that has nothing to do with the problem at hand, and Obamacare. Uninformed and too lazy to figure it out. Probably doesn't believe it even after he's been told.

If someone comes here with an agenda and throws out dumb comments they're going to get called on them. Simple as that.
Of course you're missing the connection. Ignorance of how government contracts work is to blame for you being lost.

I'm pretty sure I know who's uninformed and lazy, and it's not me. You've been called on your dumb comments. Sorry 'bout that!

I can assure you if this cheezy bank, Comerica, treated routine customers the way they treat Direct Express customers (which, really, the government is their customer, not the SS recipient, but that might be too convoluted and detailed for small brains to understand), they wouldn't have a customer left on the face of the earth.

Last edited by Dale Cooper; 11-06-2013 at 01:24 PM..

Old 11-06-2013, 03:24 PM

11,177 posts, read 16,024,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
I'm amazed at how few people know how government contracts work. Having worked in Contract Ad for over 20 years, covering everything from printed circuit boards to missiles to crypto, believe me I know every i is dotted, every t is crossed, every bridge is crossed when it comes to adhering to what the government wants.

When a company enters into a contract with the government, the government sets the rules and is in control.

I thought everybody knew that. Obviously, I was wrong.
What you're wrong about is how Government contracts work. I've written RFPs and I've been the COTR on many government contracts, so I think I know just a little about such matters. The Government sets broad parameters and requires specific milestones to be met during the course of a contractual period, but they do not get into the day-to-day nuts and bolts on how the private entity goes about its business.

Old 11-06-2013, 03:41 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,676,249 times
Quote:
What you're wrong about is how Government contracts work. I've written RFPs and I've been the COTR on many government contracts, so I think I know just a little about such matters. The Government sets broad parameters and requires specific milestones to be met during the course of a contractual period, but they do not get into the day-to-day nuts and bolts on how the private entity goes about its business.
I'm sorry you fail to understand the difference between private business and government contracts. Of course the government doesn't care how the bank does its private business. Good God and Lord help us all! And God Bless America. We need all the help we can get.

And seriously, if you don't use a Direct Express card, why are you even bothering to post? You certainly didn't answer my original question. If you didn't know the answer, why didn't you just say so?

Old 11-06-2013, 05:03 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,711,118 times
Wheels a spinnin'

Old 11-06-2013, 07:08 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,050,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
Wheels a spinnin'
Is this all because of a forgotten password?

Old 11-06-2013, 07:29 PM

3,433 posts, read 5,748,382 times
and Obama says all you have to do is call to get signed up for Obamacare.

Jonathon Karl ( ABC News)exposed that lie by Obama ,also.

Old 11-06-2013, 08:45 PM

14,016 posts, read 20,912,457 times
Default Not so at all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy52 View Post
No reason for the govt to do away with mailing SS checks.

Some SS recipients are finding out that a checking account can be frozen/garnished while a SS check could not.

Once your SS enters a bank account it is fair game to be seized.
On the contrary, there are excellent reasons for the Social Security Administration to do away with mailing paper checks:

1. Costs (postage, envelopes, the check itself - a small cost for one person but multiply it out...)

2. Security (Checks lost in the mail and stolen out of mailboxes constitute not only a nightmare for retirees but also add to the costs for the SSA. By contrast, the number of glitches with direct deposit is miniscule.)

As for garnishments, why would a normal person be concerned about them?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance