Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2015, 11:04 AM

4,196 posts, read 6,298,620 times

Advertisements

OP here....I started this thread to hear about other folks' stories on when they reached the $1M net-worth mark and when they reached their second Million, and if they had any advice on how to reach the 'second million' as quickly as possible.

The thread seems to have gone waaaaaaaay off-base!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2015, 05:16 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinking-man View Post
OP here....I started this thread to hear about other folks' stories on when they reached the $1M net-worth mark and when they reached their second Million, and if they had any advice on how to reach the 'second million' as quickly as possible.

LOL I agree thinking man. I'm in the same place and although the first mill wore me out I would like to read the opinions too. Ok back on track...

Net worth of $1M..............................Share your story

Old 05-28-2015, 06:42 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,705,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinking-man View Post

the best advice is to be aggressively invested in the stock market and pray that after you earn your first 1 million that the s&p goes on a big run.

Old 05-29-2015, 03:29 AM

106,691 posts, read 108,856,202 times
it isn't timing the markets ,it is time in the markets so the words stock market and quickly rarely go together.

in fact i think we had one of the greatest investment opportunities fall in our laps in nyc real estate and it still took 13 years to go from 1 to 3 milllion with it after taxes..

Last edited by mathjak107; 05-29-2015 at 03:57 AM..

Old 05-30-2015, 06:17 AM

7,087 posts, read 8,637,620 times
Good to see so many people actually do a good job of savings and investing. I would feel uncomfortable talking about details personally but most of my net worth is in income producing real estate investments (apartments, senior living). Besides that my home. I know people say to stay in your home forever blah blah etc. Not my style. This is my 4th condo and I'm 32, lived in all 4 within the last 4.5 years. I sold the first at a small loss because of the recession, but my second I rented out for monthly income and sold for $18,000 net gain in only 18 months (place was cheap, that's 12% or so more than I paid). Next place broke even after agent commission in 18 months or so. This place I will sell in 3 years. I get impatient a lot I guess or life happens and I alter what I want out of my home. I have $400K equity in this one though so it's a lot of money tied up there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance