Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-05-2017, 04:12 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,727,708 times

Advertisements

If you have ever written anything I have ever wrote you will know....

I LOVE shopping!
I LOVE getting a better deals, in fact the best deals possible!!!

Now I get that many people don't get how someone can turn a buck on resale on high end fashion items.... but I am here to share and discuss some thoughts on this.

Anyone every watch that show Barter Kings.
Well I did and it made me think wow! Can this be possible? Can I turn my silver Pandora or Tiffany bracelete in to a gold Cartier Bracelete or necklace with a lot of clever trades!

Well as I love high end items, love getting discounts and love a good challenge the game is on for me !

I have started off smaller. Buying certain trendy brand name items resale at rock bottom prices and resaling the items. Ex items worth $40 to $60... by for $10-$15 and resale for $25 to $40. There is a profit margin here. It wont make me a millionaire ... but my items goal was to get free jewelery. So If I bought 4 items for the price on 1. If I sold 2 I would get my items for free. If I sold 3 I would turn a profit. This plan worked out okay for a while... but then I was buying way faster then I can sell and have enough stuff to actually start my own store ( which I sort of am doing informally).

YES it takes a lot of work.... but with persistence you can actually get rewards.

Please note it you can't afford to risk a loss this might be a game too risky to play.

My current goal is to figure out if I can use some of my high end fashion finds ex jewelery and bags to trade up for a Cartier bracelet of necklace.

The bracelet retails for $8000 and the necklace retails for $18 000.

But I can purhcase then resale for around 40% less.

Anyone one ever tired this?

Anyone has any tips/ advise or funny experiencing they want to shared related to doing this sort of thing?

Please note the goal of this is thread is not to brag ... but to share the reality that you can have the best for less with some creativity. Nice stuff is not as out of reach as most people think.

Regardless of if you get your fashion finds a garage sales, thrift shops, online trading, ebay, good will! or create them yourself. Great fashion is possible at all price point !

Please note this is just a hobby and not how I actually make a living. In my opinion this is a REALLY REALLY hard way to make a living and I have a lot of respect for the brave people that try and do this for a living as it it HARD WORK!!!!

Old 10-06-2017, 08:23 AM

32,658 posts, read 48,053,996 times
Quote:
.....but then I was buying way faster then I can sell and have enough stuff to actually start my own store.....
People who love to shop can always find a justification for it, often involving how much they are saving or how much they are making with all the shopping. Along with that comes the brag about what a great shopper they are.

OP, you are buying much more than you can use and more than you can sell.
Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance