Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-21-2019, 02:15 PM

8,170 posts, read 6,036,420 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
Thank you for at least admitting it.
Well it is definitely an issue. And obviously one that I can’t resolve.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2019, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
I know someone else who said that after three poor choices.
Then she married someone 15 years younger than she. That was 20 years ago; they are 60 and 75.
They met briefly when he was 12 years old.

Here they are singing together - Connie Smith and Marty Stuart:
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...6FORM%3DHDRSC3
I have tried older, younger and close to my age. I don’t think it is an age issue. It’s like men love the idea of me, they pursue me and then they work hard to attempt to change me or control me until they become wore out and leave. I am open from the start that I am uncontrollable and fairly set in my ways, so I need to be loved the way I am.

The song “hard to love” by lee Brice is my theme song. My fiancé was complaining this weekend that he dislikes that I drink. Dude, I was sitting in a bar when you asked me to meet you for coffee. I went to another bar for a drink immediately after we met for coffee. I have never hidden the fact that I drink. And now almost four years in and he wants to complain about my drinking? 😂

Old 10-21-2019, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraG View Post
I think living with her mom is smart. Right now my son's family lives with us so we can help with the special needs children. Family is good.

I think the employee just wants to quit and do something else, doesn't sound like the greatest place to work. And that's okay.
I would agree in some cases. She lives with her mom because her mom is unstable. She helps raise her younger siblings. It is a crazy situation. But as someone said upthread, she is doing what she wants and feels is best so good luck to her.

Old 10-21-2019, 04:18 PM

6,915 posts, read 3,953,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
Well it is definitely an issue. And obviously one that I can’t resolve.
Have you gotten rid of the last one you wrote about yet?

Old 10-21-2019, 04:42 PM

9,866 posts, read 7,740,106 times
Quote:
I have never hidden the fact that I drink. And now almost four years in and he wants to complain about my drinking? 😂
Going off topic, but a lot of people grow out of their drinking days. Others might become unlikable and no fun when they drink.

Old 10-21-2019, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraG View Post
Going off topic, but a lot of people grow out of their drinking days. Others might become unlikable and no fun when they drink.
I grew out of going out drinking and being obnoxious. I am pretty discreet about it these days. I carry a reusable yeti cup. And I can’t tell you the last time I have drank so much it resulted in being drunk. Most people like me better with a few drinks because I talk more. Strangers wouldn’t even know I had a drink in my cup.

Old 10-21-2019, 07:26 PM

21,867 posts, read 25,154,836 times
Doesn't sound that dumb to me particularly if she's got that background. At $14/hr really doesn't matter what kind of horse farm she's managing. They will all pay more than that. It's a tough field to break into with long does as a farmhand but if your passion is horses might as well make $14/hr as a farmhand for ten years rather than $14/hr where shes' at now.

Old 10-23-2019, 05:23 PM

So the plot thickens...

A few months ago a fair amount of cash disappeared from an envelope (petty cash) in my coworkers desk. Today I went to add some cash to the envelope and see someone took the couple hundred that was in there the beginning of the month. We don’t touch it often. I didn’t think anything of it until... I just ran into her mother. Her mother said she is sorry she is no longer working with us, but we wouldn’t want her now? Something is fishy.

Old 10-23-2019, 05:42 PM

24,580 posts, read 10,884,023 times
Quote:
So the plot thickens...

A few months ago a fair amount of cash disappeared from an envelope (petty cash) in my coworkers desk. Today I went to add some cash to the envelope and see someone took the couple hundred that was in there the beginning of the month. We don’t touch it often. I didn’t think anything of it until... I just ran into her mother. Her mother said she is sorry she is no longer working with us, but we wouldn’t want her now? Something is fishy.
If she is not with the company anymore it is her former supervisor/manager who should have asked for the petit cash. You went into a desk and say the money is short. Promptly you a use her of stealing and that in a rather snarky way.

Old 10-23-2019, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep View Post
If she is not with the company anymore it is her former supervisor/manager who should have asked for the petit cash. You went into a desk and say the money is short. Promptly you a use her of stealing and that in a rather snarky way.
You are confused. It wasn’t her desk that it was kept. We didn’t suspect her of stealing until today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance