Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2019, 11:42 AM

6,155 posts, read 4,531,061 times

Advertisements

It doesn't matter what love is, the question was if animals feel it and I say they do. The evidence is in front of your eyes if you look.

And just speaking of mammals and feeling love, has anyone seen even just the beginning of the movie Blackfish? ALL mammals feel love.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2019, 11:42 AM

1,586 posts, read 1,131,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodysbusiness View Post
This comes from the Christian bible that says that "man has dominion over the animals." That one idea has wrought so much pain and anguish in the world.

I am glad people are waking up.

Yes, we are mammals!!!!
You're being selective in an effort to confirm some preconception you have. It also says:

- Christians know God created the world and everything in it. We are only its stewards or trustees of his creation/gift.

- God didn’t tell man to exploit the world or treat it recklessly, but to watch over it and use it wisely.

- A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal.” (Proverbs 12:10)

- He will tend his flock like a shepherd; he will gather the lambs in his arms; he will carry them in his bosom, and gently lead those that are with young.

- Like a good ruler, we should seek the welfare of everything God entrusts to us—including the creation.

- Whoever is righteous has regard for the life of his beast..

- In His hand is the life of every living thing and the breath of all mankind.

- He saved animals from the great flood. They were an essential part of starting over.

- You shall not pollute the land in which you live, for blood pollutes the land, and no atonement can be made for the land for the blood that is shed in it, except by the blood of the one who shed it. You shall not defile the land in which you live, in the midst of which I dwell...

- Happy are you who sow beside all waters, who let the feet of the ox and the donkey range free.

Animals do not suffer because of a Christian Bible. They do because some people are just messed up.

Old 02-25-2019, 04:55 PM

374 posts, read 378,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoByFour View Post
OK, let's assume I am wrong. Tell me what you think "love" is? Does it exist independent of the brain? Where did it come from?
Where does anything come from?

Old 02-25-2019, 06:19 PM

3,372 posts, read 1,568,899 times
Yes. Animals are way more emotionally sophisticated than most think. And these days, given the choice of being around a non-human animal or a human animal, I would pick the non-human animal in many cases lol.

Old 02-25-2019, 06:25 PM

63 posts, read 38,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heart84 View Post
Yes. Animals are way more emotionally sophisticated than most think. And these days, given the choice of being around a non-human animal or a human animal, I would pick the non-human animal in many cases lol.
Well stated and I firmly agree with you.

Old 02-25-2019, 06:31 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,456,737 times
I certainly do believe it. I had a cat that loved me as a kid, of all the people she had to hang around with I was the one she really was attached too. I was very sad when she died because I was half a world away.

Our female cat is very attached to my granddaughter, never far from her. You can see the affection and the communication between the 2 of them if you look and observe.

Old 02-25-2019, 11:38 PM

5,381 posts, read 8,694,405 times
I think that animals can experience love. Watch what happens when a dying chimp is visited by an old friend:

Mommy (59) has settled down to die - but all turns when an old friend pops up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFXTCGeAV9s

Old 02-26-2019, 01:43 AM

652 posts, read 341,045 times
More so than a lot of humans.

Old 02-26-2019, 10:05 AM

4,043 posts, read 2,714,913 times
Yes, yes, and YES.

Old 02-26-2019, 10:56 AM

397 posts, read 320,243 times
I'm more familiar with this in dogs than cats. Dog emotions are rather similar to 2 or 3 year old children. They're capable of love and other basic human emotions. They lack certain advanced human emotions like shame or guilt (despite the popularity of the guilty dog theme). Dogs love their owners and other people they bond with, such as the children of their owners. Dogs become like family members.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets