Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2021, 12:29 PM

9,381 posts, read 9,349,798 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bridge12 View Post
That was Rite Aid. This is another corporate HQ, Harsco!
O my bad! And this is awesome!

Definitely the right move for large companies to locate near Philadelphia (or Pittsburgh). More resources, connections, talent, opportunity, etc. I am sure GOP lawmakers panties are in a knot over the demand to be near Philadelphia.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2021, 07:09 PM

7,271 posts, read 10,607,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpomp View Post
O my bad! And this is awesome!

Definitely the right move for large companies to locate near Philadelphia (or Pittsburgh). More resources, connections, talent, opportunity, etc. I am sure GOP lawmakers panties are in a knot over the demand to be near Philadelphia.
So true. Thankfully the influence of the crazy rural right-wingers wanes with each passing year. It's inevitable that urban Pennsylvania, with Greater Philadelphia at the helm, will continue to grow in clout.

Old 09-20-2021, 08:59 AM

37,169 posts, read 39,451,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwillyfromphilly View Post
Amtrak's Reading line to Philly to start service as soon as 2025. Could bring a $1 billion to the region.

https://www.wfmz.com/news/area/berks...62d0185cf.html

Berks County already has a decent number of work commuters to Greater Philadelphia without any rail service so having a reliable one-seat train ride all the way to Center City will only solidify Berks County's integration into the Philadelphia metro area. I think the executives at Amtrak understand this and it's one of the reasons why they chose Berks County instead of the Lehigh Valley for direct rail service to Philadelphia.

Oh awesome! Bring it all the way back out to Pottsville!

It'd be nice to have the Lehigh Valley service, too, though.

Old 09-22-2021, 07:06 AM

7,740 posts, read 5,524,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
Oh awesome! Bring it all the way back out to Pottsville!

It'd be nice to have the Lehigh Valley service, too, though.

I always thought the LV connection made more sense, but the more I think about it, the more I like the idea of connecting Berks county.

142-Unit Apartment Complex Coming To East Falls

I saw this the other day. Awesome news imo. That empty lot is such an eye sore on Ridge in East Falls.

Old 09-24-2021, 11:23 AM

What do you all think are the chances that Philadelphia lands a game?? 17 American cities in the running for 10 games (I think). New York, DC, Boston are all contenders too. I feel like New York is a given.

Philadelphia leans on past experience in hosting major events during pitch for 2026 World Cup

https://www.bizjournals.com/philadel...Pos=4#cxrecs_s

Old 09-24-2021, 01:58 PM

2,236 posts, read 1,124,234 times
Quote:
What do you all think are the chances that Philadelphia lands a game?? 17 American cities in the running for 10 games (I think). New York, DC, Boston are all contenders too. I feel like New York is a given.

Philadelphia leans on past experience in hosting major events during pitch for 2026 World Cup

I’m not sure if turf is permitted so that may rule out Boston and FedEx field is a dump for better words. I really like our chances.

Old 09-24-2021, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshbyQuin View Post
I’m not sure if turf is permitted so that may rule out Boston and FedEx field is a dump for better words. I really like our chances.
I'm sure they would make arrangements to have real grass installed. My worry is that DC is DC and Robert Kraft (Boston) is sneaky.

But there is clearly a stronger argument for Philadelphia: Natural grass, better stadium, closer to downtown, Comcast/Telemundo, larger media market, most central Mid-Atlantic location, America's birthplace, etc. 2026 should be Philadelphia's year.

But a decision is likely by end of year.

Old 09-24-2021, 03:07 PM

2,868 posts, read 2,825,123 times
Quote:
Philadelphia area median home prices have risen 48% in the last decade
https://www.inquirer.com/real-estate...-20210916.html

"From August 2012 to August 2021, the median sale price in the Philadelphia region jumped about 48% — from $220,000 to $325,000, according to Bright MLS. "

Impressive numbers. I wonder how these numbers compare to other major metros.
It's 4% growth per year on average. If you subtract inflation (2.1% per year), then the home price really just went up by 1.9% per year, which isn't much.

And that's a good thing. I'd hate for Philly to become an overpriced modernist eyesore like much of D.C.

Old 09-27-2021, 08:21 AM

1,697 posts, read 973,987 times
Quote:

I have family that's on the Transportation Planning crew in Qatar for the 2022 Cup. He knows everyone in that delagation and said he'll know more of how it's looking pretty soon. They're already in the initial stages of planning.

Maybe I can get a scoop.

Old 09-27-2021, 11:58 AM

752 posts, read 461,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redddog View Post
I have family that's on the Transportation Planning crew in Qatar for the 2022 Cup. He knows everyone in that delagation and said he'll know more of how it's looking pretty soon. They're already in the initial stages of planning.

Maybe I can get a scoop.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia