Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2015, 07:55 AM

Location: NYC based - Used to Live in Philly - Transplant from Miami
2,307 posts, read 2,769,524 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RightonWalnut View Post
Jesus. Looks like Verizon is confirmed for 15th and Walnut. I guess the developers hired the laziest ****ing commercial real estate agent.

The Most Glorious Cheesecake Factory in the World Sets Opening Date - Property
ARGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! this.really,.makes.me.upset.
This is so BS!
What a waste of beautiful building.

This again confirms how retailers feel and have certain notion about us. God this is so upsetting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2015, 08:46 AM

10,787 posts, read 8,767,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RightonWalnut View Post
Jesus. Looks like Verizon is confirmed for 15th and Walnut. I guess the developers hired the laziest ****ing commercial real estate agent.

The Most Glorious Cheesecake Factory in the World Sets Opening Date - Property
It's sickening, but hardly a surprise given that the new "gallery" is another example of zero imagination, laziness, is "just another mall" , boring in its probable execution and won't attract the kinds of customers the idiot developers think it will.

Why do these developers keep throwing cheap-a$$ junk at Philadelphians?

Old 04-30-2015, 08:49 AM

10,787 posts, read 8,767,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asiandudeyo View Post
This is so BS!

This again confirms how retailers feel and have certain notion about us. God this is so upsetting.
(Sigh), indeed.

Look at it this way, it could be another blipping drugstore or bank branch.

Old 04-30-2015, 09:23 AM

1,140 posts, read 1,407,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyb01 View Post
(Sigh), indeed.

Look at it this way, it could be another blipping drugstore or bank branch.
Yeah, drugstores suck. Not the old ones with hospitality, but the chain ones with young, rude, uncaring pharmacy technicians and disgusting checkout clerks.

Old 04-30-2015, 10:10 AM

Quote:
This is so BS!

EDIT: Ok I spoke too soon.
I read the article carefully again and it seems that Verizon only take the corner spot. There are still two bigger spot in the first floor. Although I really thought that Verizon should take the furthest obscure space away from Walnut.
OH well here is hoping for better retail tenants on the other empty spots!

Old 04-30-2015, 02:42 PM

17 posts, read 30,910 times
Quote:
EDIT: Ok I spoke too soon.
I read the article carefully again and it seems that Verizon only take the corner spot. There are still two bigger spot in the first floor. Although I really thought that Verizon should take the furthest obscure space away from Walnut.
OH well here is hoping for better retail tenants on the other empty spots!
Yeah - I would have no problem if Verizon took the spots on 15th street and left the Walnut frontage for something interesting. Oh well.

Old 04-30-2015, 04:13 PM

3,264 posts, read 5,655,636 times
Quote:
NUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!
How about open another B & N there? I do not want to walk all the way to Market East to read my young sci-fi novels. For free. (Especially after Books-A-Millions in the Gallery is closed down).

Maybe the old strawbridge can have something that attract tourists. (I am so big at it).
LEGO Store and American Girl store. I bet once American Girls store is there, there is no turning back - the area will be spiraling up. (Although I found them creepy tbh).
Disney Store is also a good idea. Or Toys' R" Us a ala Time Sq.' location.
The Times Square Toys R Us flagship location is closing! ..reportedly because the rent (>$2500 psf/year on the ground floor!) is too da*n high.
Maybe they'll move the flagship to Philly

Old 04-30-2015, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotodome View Post
The Times Square Toys R Us flagship location is closing! ..reportedly because the rent (>$2500 psf/year on the ground floor!) is too da*n high.
Maybe they'll move the flagship to Philly
really? Any toy sale?
:O
I better go there...
Yeah move it to Philly...I do not mind.

Old 04-30-2015, 08:18 PM

28 posts, read 28,361 times
Verizon is taking the entire first floor.

Old 04-30-2015, 08:19 PM

28 posts, read 28,361 times
They paid an incredibly high $ PSF something no other retailer would have. Prime real estate and building a gorgeous building means expensive rents. Throw in someone like Verizon paying 1.5x that, that's why they are there. It will be their "flagship" location for the city.

The basement is still vacant as it the third level. Not so prime of real estate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia