Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2012, 01:25 PM

3,391 posts, read 8,781,978 times

Advertisements

Willingboro wouldn't have abandoned houses if it was going to start growing any time soon. Only an idiot would want to invest there, let alone live there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2012, 06:58 PM

7,780 posts, read 21,882,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryson662001 View Post
Willingboro wouldn't have abandoned houses if it was going to start growing any time soon. Only an idiot would want to invest there, let alone live there.
Thats your opinion and Im sure the people who live there don't think they are idiots. Thats was uncalled for put down of hard working people

Old 12-07-2012, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankgn87 View Post
Thats your opinion and Im sure the people who live there don't think they are idiots. Thats was uncalled for put down of hard working people
The older residents are probably used to the conditions there and have learned to live with them. They are kind of stuck there anyway and their kids are grown so the horrible schools aren't an issue. I am talking about young people with familys who might be tempted by the low price and wondering if it's worth it. It wasn't meant as a put down, just a statement of fact. When you move to Willingboro we'll talk about it again. When I am visiting my friend in Westhampton, most recently about 3 weeks ago, I always stop at the Arby's on 130 and then have a good look around. I am interested in how people have redesigned and renovated their houses, although the standard Willingboro colonial and ranch was an attractive model to start with. Most of the rehabs are not as good but original houses that are in good condition are pretty rare. And yes there are a fair number of them boarded up and abandoned.

Old 12-08-2012, 01:55 AM

187 posts, read 350,436 times
Quote:
This needs to be quoted over and over again every time you call some Philly neighborhood a ghetto

Old 12-08-2012, 06:41 AM

7,780 posts, read 21,882,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scosm View Post
This needs to be quoted over and over again every time you call some Philly neighborhood a ghetto
I hear but I NEVER have ever called a Philly resident an idiot. I would never say" if you live in Philadelphia you have to be an idiot" .. have I?

But I do get what you are saying

Old 12-08-2012, 06:58 AM

Quote:
I hear but I NEVER have ever called a Philly resident an idiot. I would never say" if you live in Philadelphia you have to be an idiot" .. have I?

But I do get what you are saying
Actually you have come pretty close LOL although Philadelphia is a far cry from Willingboro.

Old 12-08-2012, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Actually I can think of worse things to say about some people who choose to live in some Philly neighborhoods. I have always thought there is a special place in hell for people who subject their innocent and helpless children to that kind of environment in which to grow up, if they can without getting shot or ending up in prison. There is no excuse IMO. If you are so poor that you can only afford to live in those neighborhoods then take your children that you shouldn't have had in the 1st place and move to Texas.

Old 12-08-2012, 07:21 AM

5,725 posts, read 11,717,779 times
Quote:
And say that all of the good people have left Philly and moved to Jersey.

Old 12-08-2012, 11:50 AM

9,348 posts, read 13,010,796 times
Quote:
At the same time, I think we can agree that advising a prospective mover with a relatively generous budget against moving to Willingboro is not only not uncalled for, but objectively good advice.

Old 12-08-2012, 11:52 AM

9,348 posts, read 13,010,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryson662001 View Post
Actually I can think of worse things to say about some people who choose to live in some Philly neighborhoods. I have always thought there is a special place in hell for people who subject their innocent and helpless children to that kind of environment in which to grow up, if they can without getting shot or ending up in prison. There is no excuse IMO. If you are so poor that you can only afford to live in those neighborhoods then take your children that you shouldn't have had in the 1st place and move to Texas.
Very few (if any of those people) live in those neighborhoods for kicks. People also can't just up and move to the Sunbelt and expect a job to magically appear for them. Besides, it's not like a household of four living on a pre-tax wage of $9 bucks an hour is going to have an astoundingly better quality of life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia