Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2014, 12:47 PM

192 posts, read 292,790 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cnote11 View Post
I agree that Philadelphia seems much better these days. I've never been prior to coming to live here a few years ago but from learning about its history it definitely seems to be on the upswing. I think Philadelphia is great, but like I said, relatively boring in comparison in my opinion. However, that certainly doesn't make it boring at all. I'm very excited routinely for many things that are coming to the city.

Most of the United States is incredibly dull... but I think that is wrong to say Philadelphia and NYC have the same vibe. I think they're both unique and saying NYC is just a more expensive version of Philadelphia is discrediting Philadelphia.
I agree. I left the Philly area after high school in 1972. When I returned in 2006, I was totally impressed with how Philly has improved itself on every level. I returned here from San Francisco, except for the scenery (not that it is bad here) Life here is every bit as good as in the Bay area and much cheaper. Let's not overlook the abundance of greenery here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2014, 01:02 PM

32,084 posts, read 34,676,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duderino View Post
However, so long as we compare various cities, which is a time-honored tradition on city-data, it's important to keep actual facts in mind. Cost-of-living differences should be a crucial element of these comparisons so that prospective residents are better informed to make those individual judgments. At least, that's my shtick.
Though in this specific case I don't think much discussion about that is merited because nearly everyone knows NYC is expensive. It's kind of like women who throw caution to the wind and date professional athletes; they know the job is dangerous, but they believe it's well worth the risk.

Old 09-04-2015, 09:10 AM

612 posts, read 843,224 times
Hate to bump this thread, however it shocked me reading through it that no one pointed out that the original post was just some made-up story by the OP in an attempt to bash Philly

Old 09-04-2015, 09:17 AM

3,264 posts, read 5,649,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Black View Post
Hate to bump this thread, however it shocked me reading through it that no one pointed out that the original post was just some made-up story by the OP in an attempt to bash Philly
And the other thread on the front page is one made by a NYer complimenting Philly. it doesn't matter. Pretty much if NYC is in the thread name, it ends up just turning into the same old thread in pretty short order.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia