Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2012, 01:56 AM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,003,482 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marius Pontmercy View Post
Isn't Fishtown technically part of Kensington? I think some parts of greater Kensington are definitely not that bad, even very good neighborhoods if we're talking about Fishtown for instance. Besides, some parts of Kensington are seeing a lot of positive activity. I don't disagree that much of that area is very depressed because I've been there, but its not like its all bad.
Fishtown and Kensington is like how I view the back of the toilet-LOL It's the part of my apt I rarely see
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2012, 07:30 AM

1,225 posts, read 2,566,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Fishtown and Kensington is like how I view the back of the toilet-LOL It's the part of my apt I rarely see
Charming.

Old 08-05-2012, 10:51 AM
FBJ

Quote:
Charming.

Well they are two of the worst sections of the city.

Old 08-05-2012, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Well they are two of the worst sections of the city.
Fishtown?

Uh-huh.

Old 08-05-2012, 11:28 AM

1,014 posts, read 3,585,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UDResident View Post
Honestly I can't believe this thread. People telling somebody from the Southwestern US that it's perfectly safe to go to the worst part of Kensington. Every single time anybody from Kensington talks on this forum about that section of the city and when it went down, they say that it got bad in the 90s. If you haven't even been there in over 20 years (if at all), you shouldn't be telling somebody it's perfectly safe to go there when they're a tourist. The Kensington of Rocky is gone. You can go there to see the Rocky sights if you like but don't forget for a second what part of the city you're in. Just because something didn't happen to you one time out of a million doesn't mean people telling you how bad it is are exaggerating.
You are right in your assessment about Kensington but there is one thing I have to disagree about. You said the area did not get bad up until the 90s but IMHO it starting having crime and drug issues in the 80s and around 1985 is when it began to go into rapid freefall.

Old 08-05-2012, 11:28 AM
FBJ

Quote:
Fishtown?

Uh-huh.

I thought Fishtown was a high crime area?

Old 08-05-2012, 11:51 AM

Quote:
It's not.

Old 08-05-2012, 04:22 PM

469 posts, read 925,073 times
Quote:
LOL! if you are lucky,you might find a home 250,000 in Fishtown. It`s one of the hot spots in the city right now. The Old City crowd is moving North.
This forum is great for people posting about parts of Philly they know nothing about.I wouldn`t ask some people on here the time of day,let alone,where should I live

Old 08-05-2012, 04:26 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by tintin19119 View Post
LOL! if you are lucky,you might find a home 250,000 in Fishtown. It`s one of the hot spots in the city right now. The Old City crowd is moving North.
This forum is great for people posting about parts of Philly they know nothing about.I wouldn`t ask some people on here the time of day,let alone,where should I live

So what area of the city would be considered Fishtown? Isn't it in the same area as Northern Liberties?

Old 08-05-2012, 04:37 PM

Quote:
So what area of the city would be considered Fishtown? Isn't it in the same area as Northern Liberties?
No. Fishtown is generally considered north of Girard, east of the El. Northern Liberties is something like Front to 5th/6th between Spring Garden and Girard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia